Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leave YouTubers out of our trailers please

sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
I'm pretty excited for The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff Pack but I wasn't too happy to seeing Joey Graceffa in the trailer. I was fine with The Sims having him announce the Pride items but I do not need to see him invading more aspects of The Sims.

I know this seems like a super trivial thing to be upset about but I feel like The Sims team relies too heavily on YouTubers to sell their products for them. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth watching The Sims pander to people that already make a pretty decent living off their videos and allowing them to profit more off their product while I feel like all of us on the forums are constantly ignored.

I think the clothes from the trailer look fun and unique and I am looking forward to getting this pack. Will I buy it full price at release? Highly unlikely. But it will be a pack I'll keep my eye on for sure.
Post edited by sims2freak737 on

Comments

• sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    As usual I have no idea who that person is.

I just know he's a big YouTuber. That's all.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Even though I think they could have used less of the footage of real people in the trailer I have to ask, what does it matter if it's a youtuber or a model? This pack is literally a push to sell you not only a sims product but Moschino clothes as well. Also just a general reminder for everyone, teenagers are typically the demographic for many entertainment products. They have the most disposable cash and so of course they want something that will interest them. If that's a youtuber who is popular in that demographic then that's what they're going to do.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Even though I think they could have used less of the footage of real people in the trailer I have to ask, what does it matter if it's a youtuber or a model? This pack is literally a push to sell you not only a sims product but Moschino clothes as well. Also just a general reminder for everyone, teenagers are typically the demographic for many entertainment products. They have the most disposable cash and so of course they want something that will interest them. If that's a youtuber who is popular in that demographic then that's what they're going to do.

I get that it's a collaboration to push to have us buy Moschino as well but let's be real, the majority of Sims players cannot afford Moschino clothing. If there's a teenager out there that can afford Moschino then more power to them. At least The Sims 2 Ikea or H&M Stuff made sense in that it was stuff its players can afford.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member

I get that it's a collaboration to push to have us buy Moschino as well but let's be real, the majority of Sims players cannot afford Moschino clothing. If there's a teenager out there that can afford Moschino then more power to them. At least The Sims 2 Ikea or H&M Stuff made sense in that it was stuff its players can afford.

I don't think it's the idea of affording Moschino that they're selling. I think it's more about the fact that they'd be clothes youth are interested in. I think teenagers are more likely to dream of owning a wardrobe from a fashion designer line even if it's not particularly a viable way of spending money.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I didn't like the RL people in this trailer either, but I have no idea who that specific person was. I liked how they did it for Get Famous, where they made GC's into Sims themselves.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

This pack could pair well with Get Famous in that respect -- more stuff for my celeb Sims to wear. I'm more interested in the freelance photographer career that was mentioned on The Sims Twitter account. And I didn't even notice the person you were talking about.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Tacky on another level. I just feel like it’s all a SJW agenda at this point with all these promotions going on in this part of the franchise...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    According to one of the former CM’s the target audience is teenage girls with rich parents, hence the collaboration.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Who the plumeffa is Joey Graceffa??
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @doedear Tacky - from the look of the clothes. SJW agenda, with the amount of “activist” or “human rights” promoted through this game. There are platforms for that. I don’t see it fitting to have political things be in The Sims.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    At least he was in it for like, 2 seconds instead of the entire thing.

Edit: And 2 seconds doesn't seem like they're targeting teenagers. It's more like they needed someone to be in the trailer to me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I agree. I literally don't even know who these 'celebrities' they keep casting are. I'm sure he's some random dude who is only 'famous' among 13 year olds on Instagram and Youtube. And I guess that's fitting since that's their target audience, but it still gets annoying.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    It doesn't worry me in the slightest. Given the complaints about the forthcoming pack and Moschino tie-in they were bound to boost the advert. as much as they could. The fact that they have spent a lot on it looks promising for Sims 4 to me, models or not.

OP you could put your complaint in Feedback or Twitter to get their best interest if you don't like it.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Just a brief reminder that the Sims audience is hugely diverse. It's not "your" trailer, it's simply "a" trailer.

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited August 2019
    Wouldn't have detracted from the trailer if I knew anyone by name in it and it's only for what a brief second or two? Not like he's the flagship face for the pack. Same with seeing 3 youtuber sims in the GF trailer. Didn't bother me. Might have been part of the promotion to have some brief footage with Moschino. Not the first time real people have ever been in a sims trailer.

This is a lot less awkward and cringe compared to oh, say when the promotion with people dancing around on stage everywhere.

You know the one. :#
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

What teens have a disposable income? I am the mother of a teen and really don't know any that have that much cash to waste. My 16 year old also has NEVER heard of this youtuber. Upon looking at the Moschino website, as I directed her to view it, she commented that all the merch looks cheap and ugly. She is in their target demographic.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Agreed, including "influencers" is cringy. They can promote through their own Sims gameplay videos, they don't need to be in trailers..
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member

This pack could pair well with Get Famous in that respect -- more stuff for my celeb Sims to wear. I'm more interested in the freelance photographer career that was mentioned on The Sims Twitter account. And I didn't even notice the person you were talking about.

Same. Guess we're not the target demographic. 😄
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I actually like tormenting Baby Ariel with my vampires. Anyway I agree with the OP.