Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I never realised until very recently that some sims have a hilarious post-woohoo strut, instead of walking normally. Don't know how this one slipped by unnoticed for so long but it really made me laugh!
    That's called the Stride of Pride. It happens when a sim woohoos off of their own home lot. It's funny and a trade-off, they get a powerful positive moodlet to enjoy while strutting around, but while doing so it takes them longer to get anywhere.

What's really funny is when two sims woohoo together both off their home lots and do the Stride in perfect synchronized unison as they walk away from the location. :)

My current sim couple went to the future together and got that when they woohoo'ed in a dream pod in their room, at the base camp, which I had claimed for them by locking the door to everyone but them. I wasn't expecting that, because according to the map tag and the real estate list brought up by MC, it's officially considered their home in OL until they buy an ownable lot.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    My current sim couple went to the future together and got that when they woohoo'ed in a dream pod in their room, at the base camp, which I had claimed for them by locking the door to everyone but them. I wasn't expecting that, because according to the map tag and the real estate list brought up by MC, it's officially considered their home in OL until they buy an ownable lot.
    It is their home temporarily, but even though they may have a room that seems to be private in it, the base camp is still a community lot so woohooing there is considered to be in a (sort of) public place. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    So today I learned (while setting up my Romani show floor that despite being called "show floor for benches" you cannot, in fact, use benches in them :neutral:

Isn't that the one for the big show venues? If so, the benches come with it, but only show up in live mode.

Nope, you're thinking of the "big show crowd" spawner I think, when the game spawns fake npcs for the big arena shows. :) I'm talking about the squares you place where you want actual sims to see the show. There's "Show Floor for Tables" - where you can place a round or square dining table and up to 4 chairs and if it's a show they can sit in (I think only magic, I could be wrong) then there will be a table and if not, the table and chairs will disappear for the show and reappear afterwards. "Show Floor for Benches" however, contrary to the name, does not allow you to actually place benches, only chairs. like this

wYSGjxm.jpg
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @AbellaKellaher good to know anyway since I'm getting showtime soon.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    Oh it's one of my favorite expansions. I don't play the world that came with it too often (too much city for me lol) but I love all of the careers. I walk around singing the songs from the singer career all.the.time :lol: In fact right before logging onto the forum today I was singing "New Glitz" but because it's in simlish I make up silly English versions. The beginning of New Glitz's chorus clearly sounds "Boo nits ya dumpy d0rk" and I usually follow it up with "you smell like a fo-o-ork" because it makes my son and husband chuckle lol

• WolfiePlaysSimsWolfiePlaysSims Posts: 6 New Member
    If your sim fixes a broken object on a community lot, they will receive a few simoleons for doing so.
    @WolfiePlaysSims I didn't know that! You would have thought I would have noticed because I use to always have my handiness sims fix the clogged toilets on public lots until I realized I could do that through NRAAS, as well as give them the unbreakable upgrade so they won't. Nothing more gross than having to use a public toilet and the person before you clogged it. Even if there are multiple toilets because ew. : :#:lol:

Today I just learned that if you shift click an archway in buy mode you can lock it. SO perfect for the new lot I'm building atm!
  • yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    So today I learned (while setting up my Romani show floor that despite being called "show floor for benches" you cannot, in fact, use benches in them :neutral:

Isn't that the one for the big show venues? If so, the benches come with it, but only show up in live mode.

Nope, you're thinking of the "big show crowd" spawner I think, when the game spawns fake npcs for the big arena shows. :) I'm talking about the squares you place where you want actual sims to see the show. There's "Show Floor for Tables" - where you can place a round or square dining table and up to 4 chairs and if it's a show they can sit in (I think only magic, I could be wrong) then there will be a table and if not, the table and chairs will disappear for the show and reappear afterwards. "Show Floor for Benches" however, contrary to the name, does not allow you to actually place benches, only chairs. like this

wYSGjxm.jpg

Are you using the blue buydebug benches that came with Showtime or just regular buy mode outdoor benches?

I've built a big show venue and placed the buydebug benches in those boxes no problem. I might be misunderstanding your origibal post though.
    If your sim fixes a broken object on a community lot, they will receive a few simoleons for doing so.

Only if you have the NRaas Career mod.
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member

Only if you have the NRaas Career mod.

Yeah, I was gonna say .. I've never received money from fixing broken community lot objects! lol That's good to know that it's the Career mod that gives that.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Did you know that the Grim Reaper can call you for a date?

It was in Bridgeport, and my guy was friends with Grimmy after several party-related death scenes. We had talked, taken selfies, the usual stuff. One day, he rang my guy up on the smartphone. I thought he would only use the landline, but no. Of course, I said yes because I was curious. Grimmy chose the science facility lot, and he was ready to jump into the weird pool there when my guy arrived. The whole date went pretty much indistinguishably from other dates. They held breath contests, but of course I had to try the whole "romantic" line of dialog options, but this also went like always, up to extremely irresistible. I nearly botched it when I had to discover he didn't have any sense of humor (hey, he even resurrected some of the accidental dead before "because they amused him", so this came somewhat out of the blue). I tried to take him on a tour of the building, but he left immediately after he had entered.

Not sure whether this was some kind of glitch (you never know in this game), but there you are.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    Did you know that the Grim Reaper can call you for a date?

It was in Bridgeport, and my guy was friends with Grimmy after several party-related death scenes. We had talked, taken selfies, the usual stuff. One day, he rang my guy up on the smartphone. I thought he would only use the landline, but no. Of course, I said yes because I was curious. Grimmy chose the science facility lot, and he was ready to jump into the weird pool there when my guy arrived. The whole date went pretty much indistinguishably from other dates. They held breath contests, but of course I had to try the whole "romantic" line of dialog options, but this also went like always, up to extremely irresistible. I nearly botched it when I had to discover he didn't have any sense of humor (hey, he even resurrected some of the accidental dead before "because they amused him", so this came somewhat out of the blue). I tried to take him on a tour of the building, but he left immediately after he had entered.

Not sure whether this was some kind of glitch (you never know in this game), but there you are.

@Turjan That's awesome! :mrgreen:

I think I remember one time getting Grim to sleep with one of my female sims when her husband died or something like that. :lol: (She invited him to bed and I was using the Mod that shall not be named. :p )

At the time I didn't think that possible, but it happened! :grin:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    If you kill all the Sims in a household by setting them on fire, everyone will die except the toddler.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    edited August 2019
    If you kill all the Sims in a household by setting them on fire, everyone will die except the toddler.

The baby and, I believe, the child (if sims those ages exist in the household) also should not die by fire - as usual. If they can be taken away by Social Workers in-game, then they likely can't die.
  • JadeGreenJadeGreen Posts: 20 Member
    If you hold down LMB you can drag stuff up and down walls. Works with paintings, shelves and a few other wall mounted things. I think a lot of people knew you could do this but it was news to me.

Also if a male sim gets impregnated by aliens, and then does cardio. He can actually become slim, even if he's very close to being due.
    O9XPLQ6
  • WolfiePlaysSimsWolfiePlaysSims Posts: 6 New Member
    > @IreneSwift said:
    > WolfiePlaysSims wrote: »
    >
    > If your sim fixes a broken object on a community lot, they will receive a few simoleons for doing so.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Only if you have the NRaas Career mod.

Ah, okay! I've played a heavily modded game for years and I didn't really stop and think about it XD Proof of why I probably shouldn't post on these kinds of forums haha

Still, good to know!
  • artenissimmer55artenissimmer55 Posts: 40 Member
    @carlystur03 Really? I thought child-aged sims could die both by drowning and by fire. Not sure about other deaths, though.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member

I just had that earlier! I didn't know why my sim had gotten money, but now I know. <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    @carlystur03 @artenissimmer55 Children can die by fire.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
    Keiomestre wrote: »
    @carlystur03 @artenissimmer55 Children can die by fire.

Oh. Okay. Well, nevermind that part of my earlier response then! lol I never allow stuff like that to happen in my games anyway, so ..
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

This is such a great thread. Just discovered it from the Friday highlights. Learned some cool stuff. Bookmarked now 🤗
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    > @IreneSwift said:
    > WolfiePlaysSims wrote: »
    >
    > If your sim fixes a broken object on a community lot, they will receive a few simoleons for doing so.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Only if you have the NRaas Career mod.

Ah, okay! I've played a heavily modded game for years and I didn't really stop and think about it XD Proof of why I probably shouldn't post on these kinds of forums haha

Still, good to know!

Lol don't worry i frequently mis remember the details of this game and how mods can change the tiniest details :)
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    This might be common knowledge, I'm not sure (I've had the Sims 3 for about 9 months and have played for probably about 24 hours total), but the stadium sometimes has lights shining in front of it.
    Screen-Shot-2019-08-27-at-9-10-24-AM.png
    This might be timed, or it might just be random. My Sim was watching a game at the time. :)
    @Pinmat135 The spotlights in front of the stadium come on during games and concerts.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    I just learned that the Smustle comes with Supernatural, after a long time of trying to figure it out. :s Ack, oh well. I'm going to enable it in the launcher before I play next, so I'll care less soon.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top