Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Different swimming strokes???

I have noticed in some of the videos of the Island Living pack that there are 2 different swimming strokes. one breast stroke (slower), and another is a Olympic style swim stroke (faster). did anyone else notice this?, and how can i make my sim do the Olympic style?

Comments

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Breast stroke looks like it is for shorter routing/a shorter distance and Olympic swimming seems to be more for the snorkeling and longer distances...
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited June 2019
    A sim's fitness skill will affect how they swim. A higher level means faster swimming and I believe it was said that it also unlocks different swim styles.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I am extremely happy they improved in this since Sims 3. It took like forever for my mermaid sims to get somewhere, and drove me nuts. Even the mermaids look like they swim a whole lot faster than their predecessors.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I read that the more you work on your sim's fitness skill, the more stroke styles they can get. Now how many are there I don't know.
  • SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    I thinks it's related to the mood of the swimming sim. I have two sims with the exact same fitness skill (maximum) and one was feeling focused and swimming crawl-style and the other was feeling inspired and swimming breaststroke-style.
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I read that the more you work on your sim's fitness skill, the more stroke styles they can get. Now how many are there I don't know.

Are there more than just breaststroke and crawl? I have only seen those two. And of course the dolphin-like style the mermaids use.
  • zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    Yes it's related with your sims's fitness skill. I think when your sim get on level 3 or 5 of fitness skill, they'll change to crawl style. But, when they swim on shallow waters they will, most of the time, change to breastroke or in game called is called "wade".
  • zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    > @Rhiannon1307 said:
    > Dianesims wrote: »
    >
    > I read that the more you work on your sim's fitness skill, the more stroke styles they can get. Now how many are there I don't know.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are there more than just breaststroke and crawl? I have only seen those two. And of course the dolphin-like style the mermaids use.

That's about it unfortunately :/
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes, I have noticed. The stroke they do depends on their fitness skill.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I am not sure how swimming works, but I have only noticed the connection to fitness.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    That the sims do improve in swimming makes the initial beginning swim style all the more hilarious to watch. I don't even know what to call it as it is nowhere near a doggy paddle.