Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bland-looking offspring

The kids of my latest three couples (different saved games) have ended up looking nothing like their parents and could, for all I know, have just been randomly generated townies.

Anyone else experience an issue like this? (Photos not needed, I understand plain text)

Can skin overlays (not replacements) cause something like this?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I doubt it, its not likely, but who knows? Weirder things have happened. I haven't had a child born to my sims in forever, except 2 of my mersims a couple of weeks ago. And mersim genetics are broken anyhow. I just ended up aging the boy up, edit him in CAS to look like his parents, and age him back down to toddler. He did indeed look like a randomly generated townie.
    Nindigo wrote: »
    ... Anyone else experience an issue like this? (Photos not needed, I understand plain text)

Also had to chuckle a bit at this. It just seems people in general need pictures and videos to understand things these days. Two paragraphs become a "wall of text" to some. I read text just fine too, I prefer it for instructions, f.ex :)

• CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    There's currently a horrible glitch with mermaid genetics that gives you children that look 0% like the parents. Are any of the couples in your save mermaids?
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    There's currently a horrible glitch with mermaid genetics that gives you children that look 0% like the parents. Are any of the couples in your save mermaids?

This must be it, as one parent (all 3 couples) is indeed a merman. Thanks for the clarification. I have noticed the mention of buggy mermaid genetics, but for some reason assumed it involved something different.

@Kathykins It might have something to do with age, plus I used to be a writer. I put my picture book days behind me some 30-35 years ago ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Yep, it’s the mermaid genetics glitch for sure. I’m hoping this will be fixed in the August patch.