Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Sims Music? Let's VOTE

2...Next

Comments

• jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I can't choose, sorry! But I really liked music in Sims 1 and 2, and because of memories its nice to listen some of that music again at times. I think that Sims 4 has some good music too, but after maybe 15+ years there will be same "oh memories" thing going on.

I remember not liking some of music in 1 and 2 when I was still playing them, because for me if same music is repeated too much it can become annoying (especially if I didn't like that song that much in the first place). This is happening now with Sims 4 at times, but then I can just listen some other music and problem is solved. Anyway, what I mean is that those annoying songs now can be those "oh memories" song in the future.

Oh, and thanks for those songs. It's been a while when I listened some of them last time! :D
  • artenissimmer55artenissimmer55 Posts: 40 Member
    Sims 3
    I've only ever played the Sims 3, so I'm probably biased when I say it has the best music lol. But I also enjoy it because a lot of songs I like (or have come to like over the years) are sims-ified on there - it's even gotten to the point where sometimes I'll turn on the radio at public lots and skip until I find one of those songs!
  • damselstonedamselstone Posts: 21 Member
    Sims 1
    Oof! This was a difficult one for me, and reading through these posts has made me even less decisive! I think TS1 and TS2 both have some absolute tunes. The menu music for TS1 I think is better, although both are stupidly nostalgic for me. TS2 had some real-artist music that I actually went and bought.

Funny story, I was at a folk festival here in the UK years ago and heard from across a field a piece that I thought I recognised being played on one of the stages. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be one of the cajun tracks form The Sims Unleashed! I never found out if it was the original artist performing, but I still remember how freakin' stoked I was to hear it live.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Sims 2
    :star:SIMS 2 BY FAR!!! :star:

In fact I stumbled upon this mod on MTS and squealed like a fangirl because I've been waiting for a mod like this FOREVER! :mrgreen:

I've had ZERO issues with it! :grin:
    (Just make sure you follow the instructions to a T! And you can't have any custom loading screens in your mods folder along with it or it will bork your game out.)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • CyberionCyberion Posts: 2 New Member
    Sims 4
    The Sims 3 had some good electronica music I'd literally daydream too. However, The Sims 4 just won the music war against The Sims 3 for me as soon as I heard The Sims 2 Remix Song being played as well as some Real World Songs being remixed in-game.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Sims 3
    Defo the sims 3 I was singing away to build and buy mode and even got the boyfriend humming along lol!!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thank you everybody,

I have really enjoyed this thread and listening to the music and reading the comments but I cannot vote because one minute i am with S2 and the next S3 then I hop to S1 and while I have only played S1 for a little while love that music as well.. I have to say though that I really love that TS2 University music posted by @Rflong7 as I have not heard that before and assume its a france version? (I think that's what it said on the logo?) but anyhow I love singing in simlish whatever the Sims version :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Sims 2
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Thank you everybody,

I have really enjoyed this thread and listening to the music and reading the comments but I cannot vote because one minute i am with S2 and the next S3 then I hop to S1 and while I have only played S1 for a little while love that music as well.. I have to say though that I really love that TS2 University music posted by @Rflong7 as I have not heard that before and assume its a france version? (I think that's what it said on the logo?) but anyhow I love singing in simlish whatever the Sims version :)

Hi :)
    I think it's just a french Simmer uploaded it. They'll be in TS2 on the College radio station. :)
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    Sims 2
    emorrill wrote: »

In fact I stumbled upon this mod on MTS and squealed like a fangirl because I've been waiting for a mod like this FOREVER! :mrgreen:

(Just make sure you follow the instructions to a T! And you can't have any custom loading screens in your mods folder along with it or it will bork your game out.)
    Just wanted to say that I've been using this TS2 music replacement mod lately and I'm loving the nostalgia, thanks Em! It's been a such long time that I've actually enjoyed listening to game music while in CAS and Build/Buy :smiley:

I have been using it with my loading screen mod http://modthesims.info/d/465870/variable-loading-screen-updated-for-into-the-future.html and it works totally fine :smile:
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7

I read your post and thought where the heck was my head last night when posting simlish songs don't do country accents hahaha
    coco wrote: »
    emorrill wrote: »

Just wanted to say that I've been using this TS2 music replacement mod lately and I'm loving the nostalgia, thanks Em! It's been a such long time that I've actually enjoyed listening to game music while in CAS and Build/Buy :smiley:

I have been using it with my loading screen mod http://modthesims.info/d/465870/variable-loading-screen-updated-for-into-the-future.html and it works totally fine :smile:

@emorrill thanks for posting the info on this I have downloaded it to try later and also thanks to @coco for confirming it works without issues, always helpful-)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Sims 2
    coco wrote: »

You're welcome as always @coco. :blush:

Good to know! 👍
    Perhaps it was just my particular custom loading screen it didn't like. :p I was using a different one than the ones on MTS.

You're welcome too @SPARKY1922 :blush: Hope you enjoy the nostalgia as well.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 soundtrack for the win. They managed to include Black Metal in the game on one of their base game music channels to boot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mqMMZ7Cto0

As for The Sims 4, I ended up importing music from my music collection into the game just to make the radio stations in the game better.
  • TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sims 2
    Just letting you all know that I requested that a sims music mod be made that would override the sims 3 music and a very talented modder granted my wish. They created a sims 1 music override mod and their original sims 2 music mod.

Enjoy - and remember that modders spend a lot of time to create these things that make our gameplay better so don't forget to let them know how thankful you are and always ALWAYS be considerate if asking for something:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=631291
    giphy.gif
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Sims 3
    sims 3, i especially love the 'indie' stuff on sims 3 radio, and some of the techno stuff too.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 is the only Sims game I have the soundtrack for. Sims 3 is a close second with the reimagining of the Sims theme, but the other music in that game isn't really stuff I care about. Sims 4 is just....kinda lame to me. But like I said, Sims 2 was the game where I can just sit down and listen to the music alone.
  • Abc12Abc12 Posts: 11 New Member
    Sims 3
    Mainly just because of memories :)