Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Da Chengshi - The Big City - an Asian inspired urban world ... still in its infancy

HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi :D

During October 2018 I started to attempt the creation of an Asian inspired city world which will probably take many more months if not years ;) to finish.

This project came into existence when @Emily4331 was searching for a Hong Kong look-alike world and had trouble finding one that was suitable ... for Emily4331 I believe the need for bright light city living has probably been met by @Federico 's Icolopolis an absolutely awesome looking metropolis :o !!

For me it was the beginning of another journey into the joy and despair of wrestling with CAW.

All builds in this world are either modified EA community lots or my own designs. I do not use CC even though there are amazing creations out there that would make a city look so much better ... but I must admit there is a fair amount of MOO-ing going on and quite a bit of CFE used on the lots.

My friend and fellow simmer/world-builder @LMC6255 has been encouraging me to start my own thread and I have finally succumbed to her wish to see more and larger pictures of this work in progress ... so without further ado here are some screenshots of Da Chengshi's humble beginnings:

Just a twinkle in the city planner's eye many moons ago:

tGrfpY9.jpg?1

The latest screenshot:

fPtcgRd.jpg?1

And 'everything' in between:

View from Government Island
zIriEjV.jpg?1

Rainy autumn day
JULMA67.jpg?1

From dusk ...
bCxdOKi.jpg?1

... till dawn
ZPUxu7s.jpg?1

A green oasis on top of 'Xing Yun' Tower
qY5bhvk.jpg?1

Winter in the Big City

View from the industrial district
svC9e6w.jpg?1

Sunrise
vy14vyy.jpg?1

Deserted streets in winter
hK03zUn.jpg?1

UKINBJP.jpg?1

Bright lights at night
8BmVuad.jpg?1

I have chosen Chinese names for buildings with the help of Google Translate ... as my ability to speak this lovely language is none existent I'm afraid.
I'll apologize already ahead of time for any misunderstandings or offence that may cause and I very much hope that at least the name 'Da Chengshi' is the correct translation for 'Big City'.

Thank you for taking a look and making it this far down the page.

Happy Simming :D

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello @hidehi your friend was right. Your world looks amazing and it is a real treat that you have shared these screen shots. It works beautifully with all the seasons and you really do get the feeling of a bright Asian city. Good Luck with the rest of it and more pictures when you can (please, pretty please) <3
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi, :mrgreen:

It looks Awesome! I love Cities.
    The layout looks so Great and your built high rises are Superb. :+1:
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Hidehi I am so impressed!! Wow!! Da Chengshi is gorgeous!! I will download it the moment it becomes available! I love the way you put the suspension bridges! I have not been able to accomplish suspension bridges, in fact bridges are hard to do for me.. :s I love the scenery and how it looks at different times of the day and during the different seasons!! Keep up the good work!! <3 Thanks for posting this!! <3 I am so happy I was able to encourage you (in some small way) to post this thread!!
    Hello @hidehi your friend was right. Your world looks amazing and it is a real treat that you have shared these screen shots. It works beautifully with all the seasons and you really do get the feeling of a bright Asian city. Good Luck with the rest of it and more pictures when you can (please, pretty please) <3

@Bettyboop55 I am with you! I hope Hidehi does post more screen shots in the near future! Her world looks amazing!! <3
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I am BEYOND excited about this! I think it looks great so far, and the fact that I inspired you to start creating this gives me warm fuzzies! :3 Icolopolis does have a great city feel, but it doesn't satisfy the Hong Kong itch! :3 I'll be stalking this thread, of course, to see your progress. Good luck! I'm confident in your ability to make an awesome world! :heart:
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

THANK YOU all so much for your most encouraging comments @Bettyboop55 , @Rflong7 , @LMC6255 and @Emily4331 <3:D

I will not bask B) in your praise for too long ;) ... but continue to build this city with enthusiasm and take lots of screenshots to keep you updated on the progress :) x

• MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    This will be awesome and amazing! I love your builds and I think a whole world filled with hidehi love would look amazing
    Happy Simming!♥
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    This looks fantastic! You do get the feeling on an Asian city. You're doing a lovely job with this world <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png

Hi @MissyHissy,
    thank you for stopping by and leaving your lovely comment :) !
    I'm actually in awe of what you have accomplished with Ralton-on-Sea so far <3 and can't wait to see how you develop your world further!
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    This is looking great! Your city shots are so realistic-looking! I'm jealous of your building prowess, all of your lots are so creative <3 Can't wait for more screenshots!!
    edited August 2019

Thank you very much @KhemKat19 :) ,

you definitely should not be jealous in any way ... your building and landscaping skills are awesome!!!
    I'm most certainly looking forward to following Nihon's progress <3

Hi :)

Filling up this city will take quite a while and building seems to be going at snail's pace at the moment .... but I've decided to give you an update on my progress nonetheless even though I just have a couple of screenshots of the builds that I've been concentrating on to show you.

The Island Temple ... this will most likely be turned into a night club:

vsN6Qzv.jpg?1

Several mid-rise apartment buildings:

GsoxbSC.jpg?1

Tushuguan a modern library:

GWDVuk7.jpg?1

... and a view from the outskirts:

mQ1eZGx.jpg?1
    @Hidehi That is amazing! I love the way Da Chengshi is looking so far! You are going much faster than me.. EIG is killing me! I wish you success! Beautiful scenery!! :)
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    looks so beautiful, as I expected :)
    Happy Simming!♥
    Very cool! :heart:
    Loving how it's looking!
    That looks stunning. I think my favourite is that Island Temple. I love the design of that lot and the incorporation of the water with the boat and water wheel is beautiful. The blend is perfect <3 You're so very talented!

Hi :)

You've all made my day :D !!! Thank you ever so much!!!

@LMC6255 , I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that EIG won't drive you mad and you will get it to work real soon! Can't wait to explore Renaissance Gardens :)

@MemoriiValentine , thank you for having faith in my ability to create a nice world :)

@Rflong7 , a thumbs up from you means a great deal to me! 🍪🍪🍪 :)

@Emily4331 thank you for keeping an eye on this thread!!! I am in the process of trying to figure out a way to get some bright neon lights into the city ... hope I can make it work ... need to satisfy that Hong Kong itch somehow :p

@MissyHissy , I'm so glad you like the temple ... makes the time I spent building it definitely worth it :) .

edited August 2019
    @Hidehi Thank you! I'm getting there little by little.. Believe or not the comercial lots give me less strugle than the residential ones... Your world looks amazing!!

Hi everyone :) ,

I really could do with some advice please ... do you think the neon lights I've come up with are suitable to achieve a more bright light city feel? And would anyone know if the buyDebug wall lights could cause any problems or lag as I would need to use rather a lot of them.

Neon signs during daytime:

xrsyFzu.jpg?1

Neon signs at night:

pkaDOGW.jpg?1

Thank you very much! Your opinion would be most appreciated :) x
    @Hidehi The neon lights look amazing!! However, I have found that Buydebug has created problems for me when working with EIG.. Remember, when we were working on Woody Lakes and I had to redo one lot (consignment store) because of buydebug.. If you can do it and EIG is not a problem, I think the lights look amazing!!
    They definitely give a livelier, night-life vibe. The BuyDebug lights themselves shouldn't be a problem, although buydebug itself sometimes can.
    The neon lights look great!
    I like them. I don't know about the problems with buydebug objects. Remember there are hidden lights in debug and you can change the colors... to light up things for bright lights in the city. :)