Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to the end of this as well. The only thing I hope they do is fix everything before they abandon the game entirely, no more repeats of the disaster that the end of TS3 was.

As for comparison with all the games, I would also agree that TS4 isn't the next iteration that 1-3 was. To me it feels like it's own game revamped to get new players.

If they do make a sims 5 I hope the go back to their roots and stick to what everyone loved about the previous sims 1-3 games.

I wouldn't say Sims 3 was a disaster at the end. It works for me and now 6(?) years later here I am, still playing it. Still a lot I haven't done. I may even consider going back and playing Sims 2 again.

I'm really jealous that it does work for you because it crashes as soon as I load it up, which makes me really mad. Most people still complain about the bugs and glitches that make It crash.

I wish i could go back to sims two, I can't find the complete collection anywhere. it was my favorite sims game.
    The crashes I believe really come down to what computer you play the game on and how much CC you have. Sims 3 is not CC friendly, that's a fact. But even with CC (338 MB) I hardly have crashes. I do clean my cache files before playing.
    I use no CC and have more than what is required for the system requirements.

Do you have windows 10? I had issues with Windows 10 shutting down my sims 2 and 3 with something called the data execution prevention or DEP. Here a site that can take you through the steps that helped me. And if your sims 2 is also crashing (mine would crash because of Windows 10 and my Nvidia graphics card) you can also use the same method for that. I hope it helps. I haven't had a crash with the game since I did that and I have some CC and use Nraas' mods.

http://simmetrydesign.forumotion.com/t90-is-your-sims-3-crashing-check-this
    *whispers*
    I have Windows 10.
    I am looking forward to the end of this as well. The only thing I hope they do is fix everything before they abandon the game entirely, no more repeats of the disaster that the end of TS3 was.

As for comparison with all the games, I would also agree that TS4 isn't the next iteration that 1-3 was. To me it feels like it's own game revamped to get new players.

If they do make a sims 5 I hope the go back to their roots and stick to what everyone loved about the previous sims 1-3 games.

I wouldn't say Sims 3 was a disaster at the end. It works for me and now 6(?) years later here I am, still playing it. Still a lot I haven't done. I may even consider going back and playing Sims 2 again.

I'm really jealous that it does work for you because it crashes as soon as I load it up, which makes me really mad. Most people still complain about the bugs and glitches that make It crash.

I wish i could go back to sims two, I can't find the complete collection anywhere. it was my favorite sims game.
    The crashes I believe really come down to what computer you play the game on and how much CC you have. Sims 3 is not CC friendly, that's a fact. But even with CC (338 MB) I hardly have crashes. I do clean my cache files before playing.
    I use no CC and have more than what is required for the system requirements.
    If the game would constantly crash on me I’d have quit playing ages ago, I’m that impatient (certainly when the game still took 11 minutes to load on my old computer). Instead I’ve been an addict for more than nine years now. I have no idea what I do right but it isn’t magic I assure you.

I’ll mention this again: I placed “all lot types” in Sunset Valley so I don’t need to use the other provided worlds to enjoy the expansion pack I just installed. I also created diving lots in Sunset Valley.

- Townies and neighbors gather around Wilsonoff Theater for no reason. Causing empty community lots and houses.
    - The game moving out iconic families such as the Goths and including mine whom I’ve done a lot of progression on.
    - Due to me adding all those lot types in Sunset Valley, NPCs are considered a “Sim” and the game will begin culling randomly.
    - Maids, butlers and other service people are culled as well.
    - Insane lag when switching between households, day/night transitions and whenever anything spawns.

My specs are way higher than the requirements.

A big no thanks and rather play The Sims 2 over this hot mess...
    You’re totally free to play whatever you want to play, especially when you caused the hot mess yourself by overloading your game then, expecting things from it it cannot give and afaic doesn’t need to give. I’ve always managed to enjoy every pack I ever bought in every world I played in, both EP worlds and Store worlds.

If Maxis created The Sims 3 to limit gameplay separated into the different worlds which I’m not interested in to prevent these “issues”, then it is their flaw.
    They didn’t though. I chased ghosts in Riverview, rode horses and unicorns in Hidden Springs, played a magician in Isla Paradiso, owned a cat in Sunlit Tides, played adventures living in Riverview and Monte Vista, travelled to the future from Dragon Valley, just not all at once.

That’s exactly my point. You can’t enjoy all that content “properly” in one single world. Instead of giving us a neighborhood with sub neighborhood, this is the flaw that we got.

And please believe me, I’ve explored every corner of the game and it’s simply not possible to do in one world.
    All that content as in the venues you mean? I never tried myself but if that’s your experience I’ll accept that as a given, just for the sake of argument (though according to others it can be done).

I don’t understand why you’d want that though. I’m going to add a horse and a dog in my next household, but I won’t be needing the riding school so I won’t add that venue. I’m not going to play a firefighter this time, so there won’t be a fire station. I’m not going to play a singer or a magician, so there won’t be all the available show venues (I do always add a karaoke bar because that’s fun). I always pick a couple of venues I know my sims will use and that’s enough. It actually makes every generation a unique experience and the world they live in plays a big part in that. It becomes a part of them, a part of who they are, including the people who live there. Kurdt the guy from Sunset Valley, Siobhán the girl from Riverview, Dorian who lived by the lake in Hidden Springs, Éowyn who found love in Sunlit Tides, Lance who roamed the streets of Bridgeport etc etc. And whatever they’ll need from whatever pack Sims 3 brought us, they’ll get.

Your complaint comes across theoretical to me, not really interfering with actual plans you might have for your sims. As if you mind about this just because it can’t be done. It’s unclear to me why you’d want it, each and every venue available. Not saying I’m right about that, maybe you do need it all, but I don’t understand why you would.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Actually if the TS3 maps and pathing system weren't so badly designed, you COULD add all the venues to one map without issue.

That's why some of the player made maps can do it, because they've taken the trouble to actually check the pathing.
    raw
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    I play with all of the venues in one world. I just hate the idea of some features not being available to my Sims, whether I actually have plans for those features or not. I use rabbithole rugs and some of the shells I place in the basement. It takes me ages to set up, try to fit everything in which is why I mainly stick with one world. And why I love the flexibility of moving between worlds in the Sims 4. I don't have to squeeze everything in. I've never tried the traveler mod, maybe when I play S3 again I'll check it out.
    I play with all of the venues in one world. I just hate the idea of some features not being available to my Sims, whether I actually have plans for those features or not. I use rabbithole rugs and some of the shells I place in the basement. It takes me ages to set up, try to fit everything in which is why I mainly stick with one world. And why I love the flexibility of moving between worlds in the Sims 4. I don't have to squeeze everything in. I've never tried the traveler mod, maybe when I play S3 again I'll check it out.
    Twenty sim days to go and I’m going to try out that mod. Very curious if it will work the way I hope it will.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Bringing back to the topic thread in question I suppose you Sims 3 afficionados have given up all hope of seeing an end to Sims 4 so have gone back to discussing old packs. @EA_Rtas this should now be in the Sims 3 threads
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Not all systems are equal regardless of what you have and they all act differently for various reasons. I have over 6 complete systems and I get different results on each of them and I have three 8 Core Systems with different specs other than the CPUs and I still get different results. Some people may try to use all the bells and whistles and the system may not react well to that and we all do not have the same set ups or configuations. It also can come down to how well EA/Maxis tweaks the program. I see Sims 4 is bugging out because EA/Maxis is creeping on the bug fixes and Sims 4 does not even have the most robust features and the bugs are impeding performance for some. Sims 4 runs well for some and not so well for others. Sims 3 runs well on my systems except IP which performance is hindered by developmental issues and I do not use mods but over all I still can play Sims 3 well beyond that.

I agree. I have an old computer from 2014 and it runs TS3 pretty well, including the Island Paradise EP (after I fixed all the problems with Isla Paradiso and installed the NRAAS mods). I set everything to "medium" on the graphics options and the graphics still look beautiful!

I know that you wrote that Island Paradise was an exception. It's such a fun EP though - are you able to enjoy it anyway? You can either fix Isla Paradiso or download one that is already fixed. I also downloaded some other worlds that other people made that have all the features that Isla Paradiso has (except the lag, lol!) and they run with no problems at all. I've also added some of its features too to other worlds, such as diving lots and hotels, if I didn't feel like playing Isla Paradiso, but still wanted to make use of the Island Paradise EP.

Don't get me wrong I loved IP even if it was bugged because of the features and being I do not use mods I was angry because EA/Maxis never addressed the issue and it tooks mods to do thier job. I haven't delved into yet but I am going to try it today. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    That’s exactly my point. You can’t enjoy all that content “properly” in one single world. Instead of giving us a neighborhood with sub neighborhood, this is the flaw that we got.

And please believe me, I’ve explored every corner of the game and it’s simply not possible to do in one world.

Have you tried Legacy Island III by rflong7? That world has features from all the EPs and is one of the most popular fan made TS3 worlds. If all those people can play it, you might be able to play it too! If not, there may be something wrong with your computer if other people can play it without any problems.

Thank you for linking Rflong's site and I dl'ed it being I do not know if I had an copy already. I truly love her work as I feel she is gifted and I dl whatever I can my hands on from her. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It has been TWENTY years since the first Sims game came out. That means some of the people who worked on that first game have retired. Heck, we KNOW one of the voice actors from that game passed away recently. So we really DON'T have 20 years of experience in the team working on the latest Sims game. Many of the current team, given the ages of the Sims gurus I saw from the videos, are in their 20's and perhaps early 30's. The 20-somethings no doubt went through college being taught that mobile games are the new thing, the only thing that is going to matter in the future. The milennials are literally addicted to their phones, and with that addiction comes the idea that the only thing that matters is stuff for phones. And all the stuff for mobile devices has microtransactions. So they are already dealing with a HUGE learning curve that PC/MAC stuff matters too, and all the differences in programming for PC/Mac. Heck, in the early 1990's, I took a class in COBOL, and a class in PASCAL as part of my bachelor's degree (I ended up double majoring in accounting/management but that's another story). In my 20's, DOS was standard, then Windows 95, 98 and ME came along. Now, who uses those anymore?

But the Sims community was obviously opposed to microtransactions, and the Sims team heard the feedback that they didn't want so much important content for the game released separately piece by piece. So Sims 4 didn't have a "store" to buy separate items piecemeal. However, businesses like EA are IN business to make money. They don't stay in business too long if they aren't. And the Sims 3 store brought in money for the game. This money apparently some of it went into the development for Sims 3, which is likely part of what made it such a great game. Branded content also put money into the coffers, some of which went into development, which improved the game. But fans didn't like the Katy Perry stuff so well, and had plenty of feedback about that. So EA held off on branded content for awhile. As a result, there was less money for development, and the game suffered. The branded hoodie and Star Wars content are really about the only branded content Sims 4 has had.

Then there was the feedback Sims 3 had about the rabbitholes and about the game not running well on a wide variety of computers. So Sims 4 came along, got rid of the rabbitholes, and went back to loading screens, and designed the game to run well on more computers, including laptops (which are more common lately).

Now, Sims 4 has the feedback that people don't like small neighborhoods, loading screens, or lots of white in the startup loading (apparently for some people even the amount of white in the Sims 4 lettering induces migraines). They also are getting feedback that people think the development of the game has suffered because they didn't leave older PCs behind. Now they have left 32-bit PCs behind. We will see if that does improve the development of the game, but somehow I doubt the people that were complaining the game didn't need a souped up PC will be satisfied.

The Simgurus have confirmed they have a few more years worth of content for Sims 4. I suspect that for Sims 5, they may actually include features like virtual reality - this is already a feature of some mobile games and apps, and is becoming more and more common for PC and Mac games. That however, will leave behind people who are made nauseous by the current first-person view Sims 4 uses, along with people with disabilities that would prevent them from using virtual reality features. It will also require a completely new game engine to support virtual reality. V is the roman numeral for 5, so it would make sense. Virtual reality WOULD also leave behind people without good graphics cards, because you HAVE to have a good graphics card to even support virtual reality on a PC. The other possibility is that they use an online cloud server and make Sims 5 multiplayer an option, which would mean that even players on mobile devices could use the power of the online cloud servers and stream the game if the cloud servers are doing all the heavy duty work. There ARE games out there that have neither loading screens nor rabbit holes, and are open world, but they are all either online multiplayer with servers in the cloud doing the heavy duty computing work, or they are stories with limited character interactions - take Myst or Elder Scrolls Morrowwind for instance, in those games the options of the characters are limited - you cannot do as much with the characters themselves as you can with Sims, you have maybe 4 dialog options at most at any one time, and the animations are very limited if you look closely.

I agree, as much as people really like TS4, they want more open world/no loading screen between neighbors, at least a color wheel, and a world editor where they can replace or remove decorations and or use it to set objects for Sims to use out in the common places, and some sort of story progression. So, as much as they love TS4 it seems they want more and more of what TS3 offers. Or so many wouldn't be using mods that make all that happen, and bring it more in line with TS3. But I don't think they actually realise how much their mods actually turn TS4 into what TS3 offered. But it's clear to me, they liked TS3 more than was first stated and if their pc could have handle it at the time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

I can understand that but it still have its limitations and I would have loved the connection of worlds in SIms 3 but it is an older program so to want it now in SIms 3 is moot. However, in Sims 4 you are forced to move stuff to another neighborhood and you still got the static lots and all so you have to plan carefully. You can't create more neighborhoods to make more room and that is an limitation forced on me and it not putting it in an good light it is supposed to be the newer version with more to do and for me I do have more to do for the neighborhood will always have the same orientation regardless of how you lay your builds and the lots do not even expand if your build is larger than the lot size and that too is an minus. I rather have the flexibility to expand my world as needed. It would have been wonderful if I could expand my neighborhood as well as connecting my neighborhoods and for me connecting neighborhoods can be an downer on creativity.
    edited August 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bringing back to the topic thread in question I suppose you Sims 3 afficionados have given up all hope of seeing an end to Sims 4 so have gone back to discussing old packs. @EA_Rtas this should now be in the Sims 3 threads

Expressing differences of why we would want to see TS4 end because it can't compare to older games or hope that TS5 has some features from all of them and looking forward to a new game engine, doesn't qualify this thread to be moved to the TS3 forum.
    Here’s a thought: when discussing Sims 4 and why it should end or why it shouldn’t, maybe people could consider not constantly bringing Sims 3 into the discussion themselves. With this last request (you quoted) it’s starting to feel like a strategy to get topics closed. Here’s the deal: if people start criticizing old games to defend certain shortcomings Sims 4 has, that will become part of the discussion. In this case: yeah, well, you couldn’t travel between worlds, duh, and in Sims 4 you can. What is this, some kind of trap to seduce people into reacting and then being able to say: “Yep, that’s it, thread derailed, close it or move it!”? If people don’t want to discuss old games, simply leave out old games as an argument. Accept that for lots of people the open world/CASt-version in this franchise is very playable, smooth and fun and then let’s move on and continue discussing Sims 4. The real subject of this topic.
    5JZ57S6.png

I only commented on the blanket statement "Sims 3 is a hot mess" post because I don't think it is. Not for me. And I thought that should be stated but you can't banish this post off to Sims 3 forum because you don't like it.

I agree.
    Those who brought up how bad TS3 is (crashed, hot mess, adding all venues to one world etc.) didn't have to do that at all. The topic is on the first page, TS4 doesn't look any better by belittling TS3. Life guard in TS3 compared to Life guard in TS4 nuff said.

Well said :)
  • Sagittarius_Dreamer4Sagittarius_Dreamer4 Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2019

Don't you think tagging a mod is pretty extreme? Or maybe not considering the original topic and how you personally feel about the original topic? Let's just move the sims 4 feedback to the sims 3 general discussion area.. yea I don't see them doing that. Especially since the majority of the comments pertain to the sims 4. 🤷

@Cinebar

It amazes me too. And I've learned not to trust the descriptions/trailers/word of mouth for the sims 4. Its never what it seems when you play it. The descriptions make the game seem so in-depth but once you play it and actually see the supposed description in action you're left disappointed. It's a dang shame too. This game had potential in the beginning but that ship has sailed a few years back and I think they know that. That's why they keep moving forward despite every bug and glitch in the game.
  • shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2019
    Meh, maybe it’s all in one’s perspective. I’m not looking forward to the end of Sims 4 as much as I’m looking forward to Sims 5. I’m thrilled that there will even be a Sims 5. Arguing over the differences between 3 and 4 is like beating a dead horse, in my opinion. But many people seem to enjoy it. Carry on 🥰
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I love the sims and am an avid sims player. Each sims game has brought good and bad things to the franchise. I never got bored playing the sims and the sims 2. The sims 3 is a great game but the base game itself was a tad boring after a while. The expansions really made the game so much fun and enjoyable. I didn't even have that great of a computer then and it still ran the sims 3 pretty well. I did have lag and it did take about ten minutes to save but it didn't crash all the time. The sims 4 is a game that I hated from the initial trailer and screenshots of the game. I was really upset that a game that I had loved for so long was going in a different direction and took out all the things I had loved from the previous games. I refused to buy it when it came out and kept enjoying the sims 3. I received the sims 4 as a Christmas gift a year or two (can't remember) after the game came out. It didn't have toddlers, cars, robbers, firefights, and the sims themselves lacked something and I couldn't find the game enjoyable so I went back to the sims 3 and occasionally the sims 2. When the sims 4 added toddlers I came back to the game and have played it ever since. The sims 4 has so many limitations and things that cause me not to enjoy it to it's fullest potential. Although the game looks nice and the sims themselves look amazing they lack character. The baby and teen life stages feel empty and rushed. So, with all this said I have high hopes for the sims 5 because I hope that the team has been listening to us. I hope they know the things that they did poorly and the things that need to be improved upon. The game can only get better with player feedback and them listening to the feedback.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited August 2019

Don't you think tagging a mod is pretty extreme? Or maybe not considering the original topic and how you personally feel about the original topic? Let's just move the sims 4 feedback to the sims 3 general discussion area.. yea I don't see them doing that. Especially since the majority of the comments pertain to the sims 4. 🤷

No. This has become a Sims 3 topic and should be moved there or closed. Just my opinion though. You are welcome to hold your own. :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    The OP brings up TS2 and TS3 in her first sentence in the opening paragraph of this thread.
    Unlike TS2 or TS3, TS4 has been built on such a small scale, with limited gameplay, I will be happy the day it has ended

So as long as previous versions are used as a standard of what's expected in a simulation game people are going to express what they disliked about those versions.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Those who brought up how bad TS3 is (crashed, hot mess, adding all venues to one world etc.) didn't have to do that at all. The topic is on the first page, TS4 doesn't look any better by belittling TS3. Life guard in TS3 compared to Life guard in TS4 nuff said.

ETA: But let's continue, EP price TS3 29.99, EP in TS4 39.99..both have a world, but look at the careers (rabbit holes) in TS4, not rabbit holes in TS3, for the 'island' both have nice worlds, both have merfolk. But they can't swim underwater with their kids, etc. Kids have no scales etc. Diving is a joke, and no underwater lots. A few powers doesn't equal gameplay, it's an after thought. It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

Especially after reading over on Origin about the base game lately, it says discover your Sims genealogy, and learn about their ancestors, and their heirs etc. Uh, where is that in the base game? Lol New one on me, if they mean the family tree that culls Sims from the list I have to wonder who thought that was the same thing?

Haha once again a lie, just like the ''sims with unique personalities''. Where's that plum in the game!?
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited August 2019
    shokorose wrote: »
    Meh, maybe it’s all in one’s perspective. I’m not looking forward to the end of Sims 4 as much as I’m looking forward to Sims 5. I’m thrilled that there will even be a Sims 5. Arguing over the differences between 3 and 4 is like beating a dead horse, in my opinion. But many people seem to enjoy it. Carry on 🥰
    It’s not though, beating a dead horse, because some of us would like to see some of what was return. Features, personalities, consequences, stuff like that. So it’s inevitable that becomes part of the discussion.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2019
    Or, maybe they're offering jobs that don't require as deep a knowledge of the code so they have new people to do that part while the ones who are familiar with the game can focus more on that (and fixing bugs). They're expanding, not replacing people who are already on the teams.

Agreed. As far as we know, the programmers are still there.

I'm just pleased that they hired more animators. IL was full of reused animations from previous packs and Sims still do practically everything alone. I'm hoping that new animators will bring some life to the game with things like handshake introductions, dancing together, noogies, spooning in bed, etc.

It wouldn't solve the problem with the Sims' personalities. However, more varied animations would alleviate some of the need for player-created poses and mods. Which is better than nothing. ::crosses fingers::
    Evil_One wrote: »
    Actually if the TS3 maps and pathing system weren't so badly designed, you COULD add all the venues to one map without issue.

That's why some of the player made maps can do it, because they've taken the trouble to actually check the pathing.

Very true.

After CAW was released and player-created worlds started to become available, I never used an EA world again. Player-created worlds run so much better and they often have enough room for all the expansions in one world.

Beach City by Rflong7, San Aniegos by Costerboi, and St. Clair by Awesims remain my favorite worlds to date. I haven't had any problems with the final releases.

Those creators updated the worlds to contain everything from all of the EPs, except for diving lots, I think. I added those. There were laundromats, every type of dance club, equestrian lots, showtime venues, apartments, vineyards, festival lots, etc., all in one world. Plus, there was still room for the player to add whatever else they wanted from the store, such as amusement parks, water parks, and hobby centers.

I use TS4 for pictures. But when I want to actually play, I play that TS4 family in TS3. I put them in Awesim's St. Claire and the town has everything.

bvo2SCu.jpg

Plus, everything that you can see in the distance is a place that the Sims are able to go. It's not just scenery.

zkEj3Cs.jpg

When I want a change of pace, I use NRaas' Traveler mod to send Sims on vacations to other player-created worlds such as Suvadiva or Saaqartoq.

TS3 is far from unplayable. <3

Post edited by Cynna on
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Not all systems are equal regardless of what you have and they all act differently for various reasons. I have over 6 complete systems and I get different results on each of them and I have three 8 Core Systems with different specs other than the CPUs and I still get different results. Some people may try to use all the bells and whistles and the system may not react well to that and we all do not have the same set ups or configuations. It also can come down to how well EA/Maxis tweaks the program. I see Sims 4 is bugging out because EA/Maxis is creeping on the bug fixes and Sims 4 does not even have the most robust features and the bugs are impeding performance for some. Sims 4 runs well for some and not so well for others. Sims 3 runs well on my systems except IP which performance is hindered by developmental issues and I do not use mods but over all I still can play Sims 3 well beyond that.

I agree. I have an old computer from 2014 and it runs TS3 pretty well, including the Island Paradise EP (after I fixed all the problems with Isla Paradiso and installed the NRAAS mods). I set everything to "medium" on the graphics options and the graphics still look beautiful!

I know that you wrote that Island Paradise was an exception. It's such a fun EP though - are you able to enjoy it anyway? You can either fix Isla Paradiso or download one that is already fixed. I also downloaded some other worlds that other people made that have all the features that Isla Paradiso has (except the lag, lol!) and they run with no problems at all. I've also added some of its features too to other worlds, such as diving lots and hotels, if I didn't feel like playing Isla Paradiso, but still wanted to make use of the Island Paradise EP.

Don't get me wrong I loved IP even if it was bugged because of the features and being I do not use mods I was angry because EA/Maxis never addressed the issue and it tooks mods to do thier job. I haven't delved into yet but I am going to try it today. :)

I hope you didn't think I was scolding you or something. I really love the EP and the features it offers - I didn't want you or anyone else to miss out on them, that's all. This is why I offered ways to be able to play the EP with or without Isla Paradiso - especially if you don't use mods. Every other feature the EP has (scuba diving, hotel management, discovering islands, houseboats, etc.) plays fine.

-=<*>=-

I personally think the TS3 devs were very thoughtful and added as much as they could to TS3 in its run so I'm pretty happy with what they did. They designed TS3 to be extremely mod-able and then also gave us creative tools like CAW, the terrain tools, Make-A-Pattern, etc. to be able to add what they didn't have time or idea to do - especially since they knew that its run is only for a certain amount of years. This is why TS3 has been able to continue to grow and evolve WAY past the end of it's development with all the amazing new worlds (lag free because they had more time to quality check), complex builds (with the wonderful CFE cheats and all kinds of effect emitters), and mods that added even more gameplay.

I'm not sure about TS4. Its simmers have to constantly ask the devs to make things or fix things for them. It doesn't have any creative tools to add or change any worlds for the simmers themselves. If TS4 doesn't allow for adding or changing worlds (I mean, come on! Those worlds are so TINY! How difficult can this be if TS3 and TS2 can already do this???), I doubt it would have the longevity that TS3 and TS2 has (already 10 years and 15 years still being played).

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2019

No. This has become a Sims 3 topic and should be moved there or closed. Just my opinion though. You are welcome to hold your own. :)

Was your only reason entering the thread to tag a moderator as you have done in every thread I create? The topic of why I created the thread is on the first page. Do you have anything to add? Yes, no? or why not or why I shouldn't feel this way about the last EP? I'm all ears and always listen to a good debate of what is a good pack. But seeing it is TS4's version of IP in many respects it's only logical people compare the two. But my reasons didn't even bring up TS3 that much in the first post, the lack of gameplay and this the latest EP was enough to convince me I will enjoy when they end TS4, patch it up so we don't have to deal with patches anymore and then people can mod the heck out of it, just like we have TS2 and TS3. And look forward to a new engine.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top