Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #124

FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    LEVEL: Established

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rustic Residence
    NEW LOT LINK: does not show due to CC
    LOT COST: $2000
    GALLERY COST: 91,949
    TOTAL COST: $93,949
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/bHRgPP7
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    #BNS124 Solving Seniors Crisis, #KitelDesigns This is the Home of Mr. Bao and his Kitty Cat Mr. Fluffy. He lives in a simple one Bed 1 Bath home. He does not have a large kitchen but doesnt need one. It does what he needs. His Tea room and home gym open up to grand views of the garden and nature outside. The simple life is for hime and he enjoys it. It may not be easy, but his martial arts training tells him life worth living is not easy

It is a traditional Japanese build ( I know he is Chinese). His kitchen is small, as mentioned. Most asian style kitchens are not that large. His tea/sitting room, and workout room have sliding shoji walls that are open at the moment to look down at the beautiful garden. He does not have a washer and dryer, preferring handwashing and drying.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: http://sims3s.ru/objects4-sport-inventory.php, https://simfileshare.net/download/197272/ - Mathiope Paper doors, http://sims4studio.com/thread/2263/brujahs-studio?page=2&scrollTo=72174 Sliding door mod, https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-walls/title/japanese-shoji-wall-2/id/1304529/ Shoji walls and Japanese decor, https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-floors/title/japanese-tatami-flooring/id/1288589/ Tatami mat flooring, suiminntyuu-sims-floor cushion living chair-updated.package - floor cushions

tASjpOF.png
    J1PsmWq.png
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Probably a newbie question, but my house's value on the build screen is significantly less than the house's value on the gallery. I was under the impression that the build screen lot value was the house's gallery value + the value of the empty lot. If I were to take the house's gallery value + the empty lot value I'm about 1000 over budget, and I intend to correct this. However, the build screen value is about 12,000 under budget (six times the cost of the lot). What is causing this disparity?

If you have played on the lot at all or have Sims on it, then the build will have things depreciating, which lowers the cost/value. It is best to build and save the lot before moving in Sims to try it, and then you have the lot at the correct value to put on the gallery. If you did not have Sims on the lot, I am not sure unless you had deleted or changed something after posting to the gallery. I hope this helps!
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @KitelDesigns Lovely build, it would fit perfectly in the Japanese countryside.
    @wendyology Thank you for the compliment
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up, @iampes23
    Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up, @iampes23

You are very welcome!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png
    Attention ESTABLISHED Entrants for #BnS122 - Summer Camp

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #124 - Solving the Seniors' Situation
    FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    HOUSEHOLD: Bao Chang
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/8EH7qVL

ENTRY DETAILS: Mr. Bao Chang and his cat, Mister Fluffy, live in their small but tranquil home. Simple is what he likes and works to pertain perfection in his simple life. Yoga and meditation to keep his mind sharp, and exercising to keep the body sharp. He enjoys his gardens, and spending time with Mister Fluffy. Simple, to the point, and striving for perfection

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure

jl9lBkZ.png
    dZhXMlE.png
    edited August 2019
    CHALLENGE 124 - Solving the Senior Situation - Bao Chang
    FORUM ID:Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID:Wendyology
    LEVEL:
    ROOM: Sunny and Calming https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/ACE8A35CB53F11E98E1132E030399C08?
    GALLERY COST: 32,359
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Dns0exX
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure.

Mr Bao Chang is a Chinese actor and martial artist looking to start a quieter life. He's focusing on teaching and choreographing stunt scenes for the movies. This kitchen and family room is in the private, residence side of the property. Working with the Selvadoradan cabinets, the room uses peach, orange and yellow to promote a sunny mood. Contrasting bits of blue add a calming influence, mahogany wood tones bring masculinity.

L58XwaX.png

04TPIMp.png
    Post edited by wendyology on
    edited August 2019
    CHALLENGE #124 - Solving the Seniors Situation
    FORUM ID: Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID: Wendyology
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Tail's End
    NEW LOT LINK: Live and Work https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8EDC8E92B54011E981EE32E030399C08?
    LOT COST: $3000
    GALLERY COST: $120,925
    TOTAL COST: $123,925
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/1dGYoMG
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mr Bao Chang is a Chinese actor and martial artist. He's looking to start a new chapter in his life, teaching and choreographing fight scenes for the movies. He chose Brindleton Bay because it allows for a more relaxed lifestyle but still has excellent transit options to Del Sol Valley. Since Tail's End is near the docks it has live/work zoning. Two buildings are connected by a short skybridge. The smaller building is in use as his martial arts studio. The living quarters are private, his space to get away from it all!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC

Working out. His studio mixes asian art with movie posters.
    LNR6vOt.png

The living areas are high and dry. Bao's students love that the ground floor has been put to use as covered parking.
    u7zEBPK.png
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #124 - Solving the Seniors Situation
    FORUM ID: wildflower1971
    ORIGIN ID:wildflower1971
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dock Den (windenburg)
    NEW LOT LINK: Mrs Petunia Livingston
    LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 119885
    TOTAL COST: 121885
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://facebook.com/pg/PiperSims4Gaming/photos/?tab=album&album_id=920698591609419
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry) Mrs Livingston Knows her house needs to be on stilts or high foundation but her legs just cant do stairs like they used to so as an added requirement the terrain had to be created so that there was minimal steps into her main door. Having lived for years on this family lot that has been handed down for years she was heartbroken when the old home had to be tore down due to all the mold from the flood. She did manage to save a couple of pieces that she could have placed in the new home. Her great grandparents bed and the Photos that were carefully restored. Having a new creative space is so exciting for her despite all the sadness of losing her home.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Piper Sims 4 Gaming
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

67741367_920700248275920_626099059437862912_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQl-LkBg_6U0GekguuD1qzswX9QgN-ZcrBWivOI9Cbu7uW4qrxd_IamHk-vclBnHTj8&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=f2c9efb6889e409727137622143d8dbe&oe=5DA01FBE

67938498_920701258275819_781956877079543808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQkUY2z04bgvLM-uvNnPvwLDTqYR6zdBuahctJA4ne2WmLdX1TdhoIPl89TAnczgYuI&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=c45d27241f26175173ec31451ad5f8c0&oe=5DDDF6F3

James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks

CHALLENGE #124 - Solving the Seniors Situation (Petunia Livingston)

FORUM ID: OccipitalLobe
    ORIGIN ID: Chapscher
    LEVEL: [not placed yet]
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dachshund’s Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: h ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AEC8A0FEB56F11E9808FEE73E09EC7C9
    GALLERY COST: 122,940
    TOTAL COST: 124,940
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/dfBIFLg
    ENTRY DETAILS: #BnS124 Like a photograph from the old scrapbook, the Elevated Old Maple lifts you up and brings you back to a simpler time. Petunia Livingston’s family home has been recreated and modified to best suit her twilight years. Walls dividing the kitchen, dining room, and living room have been removed on the first floor, allowing for one fluid living space and her childhood bedroom has been turned into a home art studio. Welcome home.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: ChapscherMKE
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: chapscher.tumblr.co m
    h ttps://i.imgur.com/1ol7db2.png
    h ttps://i.imgur.com/Vrefro6.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member

FORUM ID: OccipitalLobe
    LEVEL: [not placed yet]
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dachshund’s Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AEC8A0FEB56F11E9808FEE73E09EC7C9
    GALLERY COST: 122,940
    TOTAL COST: 124,940
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/dfBIFLg
    ENTRY DETAILS: #BnS124 Like a photograph from the old scrapbook, the Elevated Old Maple lifts you up and brings you back to a simpler time. Petunia Livingston’s family home has been recreated and modified to best suit her twilight years. Walls dividing the kitchen, dining room, and living room have been removed on the first floor, allowing for one fluid living space and her childhood bedroom has been turned into a home art studio. Welcome home.
    TUMBLR LINK: chapscher.tumblr.co m
    1ol7db2.png
    Vrefro6.png

Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    CHALLENGE #124 - Solving the Seniors Situation – Mrs Alibrean Byrne
    FORUM ID: Alisim19
    ORIGIN ID: Aliana101
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Brook Bungalow, Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Cedar Rise, cc included ticked (#BnS124 also included this time!)
    LOT COST: 3000
    GALLERY COST: 19,492
    TOTAL COST: 22,492
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Iwj7YQE
    ENTRY DETAILS: So, build a home that’s proof against a future flood with a house raised well above ground level that’s suitable for a senior citizen to live out the rest of her life …… and do it with a limited budget and deliver on a short timescale - certainly was challenge!
    However after lots of research into the latest anti-flood building methods (and using many generous donations from local communities and our friends at Maxis Corp) we believe we’ve come up with the perfect solution for Mrs Byrne that meets all the criteria and then some.
    The base premise of this eco-friendly build is to help avoid flooding whenever we can; next we ensured the build would survive intact if the floods reoccur and then we packed in as many features as we could to help Mrs Byrne cope if/when the worst does happen. Finally, as the majority of time life continues without natural disasters, we worked on making this home a lovely and accessible place to live for many years to come.
    We’ve included some shots of the neighbourhood to give you an idea of the extent the damage the flood caused in the area (I was having fun exploring the new edit items so thought I may as well use them to help the backstory!)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Peacemaker, Wondymoon, Budgie2budgie, BuffySummers, Simista & Mr S, Iniliz, Solaryia, Severinka, TS4, Simlish designs.....apologies to anyone I missed
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: nl5OFPA.pngxuM5PqP.png
    I thought this started out as a simple challenge, but as I began looking at rl anti flood build ideas I got completely fascinated and slightly obsessed with what I could make work within Sims building constraints....a really interesting idea and congrats to whoever came up with the challenge :-)

I had a coupe of build challenges that drove me mad - The build price kept fluctuating and was really confusing me but after some reading I think it's because I included mature plants from another of my builds. I went with uploading to the gallery at highest point to be on the safe side but I think I'll probably just avoid live plants in future.

One I couldn't find the answer to was lighting up the wall in the roof for the double height bedrooms shots (not sure how else to describe what I mean, the pictures are probably easier). I tried debug lighting and even sticking lamp up there but nothing seemed to work - if anybody has an answer I'd love the help!
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    @AliSim19 I have never found a solution to that problem either. The debug lighting is Sims4 is horrendous, not like we had in Sims3. I just don't think it is possible unless you want to have outdoor lighting affect the interior of your build as well, which is never a nice compromise :(
    thanks, @Allears . I'll be able to make these posts on my own one of these days
    @AliSim19 I've been having lighting issues like that too, especially when it comes to stairs indoors. The banister takes the lighting from the level below and always looks jarringly different from its matching fence set.

your build looks really good, by the way. The short, dark walls look really good in contrast to the white seating area and that roof is fantastic.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited August 2019
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    I thought this started out as a simple challenge, but as I began looking at rl anti flood build ideas I got completely fascinated and slightly obsessed with what I could make work within Sims building constraints....a really interesting idea and congrats to whoever came up with the challenge :-)

I had a coupe of build challenges that drove me mad - The build price kept fluctuating and was really confusing me but after some reading I think it's because I included mature plants from another of my builds. I went with uploading to the gallery at highest point to be on the safe side but I think I'll probably just avoid live plants in future.

One I couldn't find the answer to was lighting up the wall in the roof for the double height bedrooms shots (not sure how else to describe what I mean, the pictures are probably easier). I tried debug lighting and even sticking lamp up there but nothing seemed to work - if anybody has an answer I'd love the help!

You can leave the plants in just harvest them before you upload to the gallery, that'll bring the price back down.

One possible solution to the lights is to use the medium or long dangling onexs rather than a short one. Might not be perfect, but it helps. Have you tried wall lights?
    image.png
    @Kementari - I tried taking out an exterior wall, your right the whole room looked wrong

@OccipitalLobe thank you for your lovely words - your grand stairway was the part of your build that I most loved (along with Mrs Livingstone no longer having to crane her neck!) and it was only when I went back again I saw the difference in colour you mentioned.....irritating isn’t It??!

@SimTresa thanks for the info about the plants and for the suggestion, i’ll the longer ones a try in the morning 🤞
    AliSim19 wrote: »

I was beginning to think you were a doomsday prepper as I looked at your slideshow. You did an amazing job, and you covered more than I would have thought of!
    SIM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Occipitallobe
    LEVEL: [First sim entry]
    HOUSEHOLD: h ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2604FCBAB5B111E98C8B1090911CB41A
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/tYPBtGh
    ENTRY DETAILS: After their house was destroyed by a flood, Petunia and her husband Harold need a new place to live. Petunia is a highly-skilled painter and is starting to dabble in poetry. Harold is a professional chef who is studying gourmet cooking and is thinking about returning to ice skating. Their adult daughter Darlene has decided to move in to help them get settled into their new home and maybe get a fresh start herself.
    TUMBLR LINK: chapscher.tumblr.com
    SPACE FOR PICTURES
    h ttps://i.imgur.com/RRir2nL.png
    h ttps://i.imgur.com/HWsRIo6.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Occipitallobe
    LEVEL: [First sim entry]
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2604FCBAB5B111E98C8B1090911CB41A
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/tYPBtGh
    ENTRY DETAILS: After their house was destroyed by a flood, Petunia and her husband Harold need a new place to live. Petunia is a highly-skilled painter and is starting to dabble in poetry. Harold is a professional chef who is studying gourmet cooking and is thinking about returning to ice skating. Their adult daughter Darlene has decided to move in to help them get settled into their new home and maybe get a fresh start herself.
    TUMBLR LINK: chapscher.tumblr.com
    SPACE FOR PICTURES
    RRir2nL.png
    HWsRIo6.png

Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    thanks again @Allears. I would be lost without you.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @AliSim19 Hip hip Howrah for passive solar heating, botanical cels and rainwater capture. All important and underused IRL. You also made a provision for accessibility, excellent! Very nice build!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top