Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville selling better than Island Living & Get Famous, surprised?

Comments

• Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Well, the fact that it's "doing better" than the base game kind of explains why it might also be "doing better" than GF.

LOL, that’s what I was thinking, but I like the way you put it.

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I really enjoy Strangerville and would love to see another story driven pack. Enough time has elapsed that I'm ready to replay the mystery but I've been busy with other things in game.
  • Options
    AmbyCakesAmbyCakes Posts: 32 Member
    I wanted Strangerville to be like a legitimate Telltale style game outside of TS4. Was a lot of fun and I've been having fun building on that map!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Get Self configurable autonomy mod at MTS and search for "incite cheers", it should come up, just uncheck it and it's gone.. sims will not be able to do it autonomously anymore.

Oh thanks very much. I will definitely check that out. Sim autonomy drives me crazy sometimes.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I don’t have Strangerville yet and I’m skipping Jungle Adventure for it. It seems more worth... plus, I’m obligated for that Military Career.

Island Living suits more as a holiday destination and is too watered down (no pun intended) for an Expansion Pack.

I’m a fan of The Sims Superstar and looking forward to try it. Although, getting Seasons is my next priority. :)

These are just my opinions. To each their own.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I've played through the scenario exactly twice since I got it upon release. I had a great deal of fun. I also left enough time in between playing it through the first time to not really recall exactly what my Sims had to do when and where altogether. I used it as a Mission for my Enterprise crew, both times. (Yeah, I had to restart a game save a few times, last time through I decided to go ahead and taken them on that mission.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    It makes sense. Many simmers have been wanting something new/different for a while and Strangerville certainly offers that. I got it for the world and military career mostly, but I did enjoy parts of the story. My only real problem with it is that we can't opt out of the strangeness and just live in this cute little town.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    As a mainly realistic player (only pack I have no intention to ever get is vampires or the upcoming magic one) strangerville is one of my all time favourite packs. I really love it
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i love get famous but the fact that the celebrities pop up everywhere outside del sol valley is on of the most annoying things about it. that and the react in disgust that automatically happens when your celeb is 4/5 star is annoying as well since almost every interaction is cancelled out so your sim can do something you dont want them to do
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i love get famous but the fact that the celebrities pop up everywhere outside del sol valley is on of the most annoying things about it. that and the react in disgust that automatically happens when your celeb is 4/5 star is annoying as well since almost every interaction is cancelled out so your sim can do something you dont want them to do
  • Options
    Endless_DaysEndless_Days Posts: 54 Member
    Nope, not surprising. Strangerville is amazing and I'm not surprised simmers like it. It's a cool story, comes with unique build mode stuff, and the neighborhood is a lot of fun.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2019
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Just checked Origin’s most popular games, and Strangerville is the #1 selling Sims game at the moment, doing better than Get Famous (which was released 2 months or so before), and Island Living which was just released.

It’s also doing better than the Base Game but 7 million people just downloaded it so I imagine it would be a while before it gets popular again for sales.

Does this surprise you guys?

Are you surprised a Linear story pack is doing so well?

Do you think Maxis will make more of these packs now?
    Very. I thought Island Living would have more sales then Strangerville. I hope maxis doesn't do anymore story based packs. I like sandbox play.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    How does Origin figure out the "most popular" anyway? Is it how many games sold today? Or if it's the sales for the last 6 months, I suppose it makes sense that Strangerville has sold more copies, since it has been around for 6 months (and Island Living only 6 weeks). I only bring this up because the Origin launcher also says My First Pet is "more popular" than Jungle Adventures, City Living and Parenthood.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The Build mode in SV seems a it more useful generally than IL; it firs in more worlds. I’m not a big fan of rhe world but I might convert if to an entertainment area so I can reclaim Newcest for residential. I’ve been remodeling a few of the houses to place in Newcrest or other worlds.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Drzombae1Drzombae1 Posts: 37 Member
    I can't believe that. I don't have island living yet though
  • Options
    PinkFairyPinkFairy Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm new here. I have yet to purchase Strangeville but I'm leaning towards getting Island Living instead. I been playing sims 3 for a while now. Just started Sims 4 a few days ago. I don't own a most of the game packs.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Just checked Origin’s most popular games, and Strangerville is the #1 selling Sims game at the moment, doing better than Get Famous (which was released 2 months or so before), and Island Living which was just released.

It’s also doing better than the Base Game but 7 million people just downloaded it so I imagine it would be a while before it gets popular again for sales.

Very. I thought Island Living would have more sales then Strangerville. I hope maxis doesn't do anymore story based packs. I like sandbox play.

After you complete the story, it is sandbox play, strangerville is a beautiful world, has a lot of lots for a game pack, and has some nice build stuff. If it went on sell half off, I could see it getting a lot of sales.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2019

If they do I'm not really buying them tbh.

I'm not surprised because I don't even know how legitimate Origin's "top selling" games list is.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's funny you mentioned 7 million have downloaded SV, I guess that's the 7 million New they got with the free download of the base game. (they mentioned in converance call) I guess those players like linear play more than sandbox.

He said 7 million downloaded the base game. Not Strangerville.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Strangerville should have been in Get To Work back in April 2015. Also, I love the costumes in Get Famous, my sims uses them all the time.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would like more packs like Strangerville.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I guess I am a bit surprised, but I am not unhappy with the prospect. I enjoyed Stranger Ville and would buy more packs like this in the future.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    It's a cheap pack. I also waited to get it when it went on sale. I'm not saying it's a bad pack, but the sale price was worth the purchase. Perhaps when the other dlc have a better sale you'll see an increase of their sales.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    It's a cheap pack. I also waited to get it when it went on sale. I'm not saying it's a bad pack, but the sale price was worth the purchase. Perhaps when the other dlc have a better sale you'll see an increase of their sales.

There is a sale on Origin now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I would like more packs like Strangerville.

Me too, it's weird and a little bit disturbing, which I love. I would like a little more flexibility with the story mode though, and the ability to explore it with multiple Sims who can form a group to solve it together.
    #Team Occult