Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    If sims spend a lot of time with household members they can get a tense moodlet saying they are tired of their family

I wonder which trait causes that? Loner maybe?

Isn't it a teenage phase from Parenthood?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    If sims spend a lot of time with household members they can get a tense moodlet saying they are tired of their family

I wonder which trait causes that? Loner maybe?

Isn't it a teenage phase from Parenthood?

Could be. I have Parenthood and she might have been a teen. I noticed it when she was a YA but only just after so the phase could have started when she was a teen which I am guessing happened. She got it after travelling with her mum and sisters
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Oh @calaprfy that is awesome! Good to know as I am playing a rotation! I have never used the money tree and don't like to cheat, how much is usually on a tree?

@Dglbr1969 The money tree produces between $8000 and $21000 a day, depending on its evolution stage. However, it can only be harvested once per day. Also, the money does not accumulate, so if you miss a day's harvest you don't get two days harvest the next.

Does produce /flowers accumulate if you dont harvest daily on other plants?
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Oh @calaprfy that is awesome! Good to know as I am playing a rotation! I have never used the money tree and don't like to cheat, how much is usually on a tree?

@Dglbr1969 The money tree produces between $8000 and $21000 a day, depending on its evolution stage. However, it can only be harvested once per day. Also, the money does not accumulate, so if you miss a day's harvest you don't get two days harvest the next.

Does produce /flowers accumulate if you dont harvest daily on other plants?

I believe they don't.
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    That's a childhood phase named "Distant", it only occurs to teen, they'll become tense around family members. With higher parenting skill, parents or caregivers can discuss the phase with them, which can allow you to find a way to let the phase go away more quickly.
  • shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    With the parenting pack I never could get my new parents to read the parenting books for any length of time. I always chose from the book shelf or their inventory and told them to read it.( This may work with all skill books) what I did was drag them into the world, left them laying around, and made sure all other books were put away. My sims will pick one up and read it without my telling them too.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    OMG If you are in Strangerville, and working as a Freelance programmer, you get a special top secret [REDACTED] task. Sounds mysterious.

Tbh idk if this is endemic to Strangerville, like the infection.

You can get them without being in Strangerville. You just need a decent Programming level.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    > @simp0ssible said:
    > I got SUCH a scare just now!!! I was in first person mode, my sim was seated, and reading a book. She had just moved into a large well-furnished but empty house. I turned the camera angle to the wall behind my sim where there was a portrait of Lord Lycan. And instead of his human face, there was a werewolf's head. I had no idea this happened IN the game, although I knew the lore behind the painting. I zoomed in really close to his face after leaving first person mode, but it didn't happen again. I don't know if Lady Sanguina's painting shows a vampire face now and then.

i.imgur.com/XJL0muw.png
    I think this will work to just give you the link? This painting is sized down, so the changing is a bit awkward, but you can see what Lady Sanguina's looks like here.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    I got SUCH a scare just now!!! I was in first person mode, my sim was seated, and reading a book. She had just moved into a large well-furnished but empty house. I turned the camera angle to the wall behind my sim where there was a portrait of Lord Lycan. And instead of his human face, there was a werewolf's head. I had no idea this happened IN the game, although I knew the lore behind the painting. I zoomed in really close to his face after leaving first person mode, but it didn't happen again. I don't know if Lady Sanguina's painting shows a vampire face now and then.

omg I have so much to learn, and I'm a Sims fan since Sims 1, first person mode how do you get that ?
    Other than my ignorance, I"ve seen the painting with the werewolf's head while playing - never in first person mode :-D as I did not know that existed
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Lithilien wrote: »
    I got SUCH a scare just now!!! I was in first person mode, my sim was seated, and reading a book. She had just moved into a large well-furnished but empty house. I turned the camera angle to the wall behind my sim where there was a portrait of Lord Lycan. And instead of his human face, there was a werewolf's head. I had no idea this happened IN the game, although I knew the lore behind the painting. I zoomed in really close to his face after leaving first person mode, but it didn't happen again. I don't know if Lady Sanguina's painting shows a vampire face now and then.

omg I have so much to learn, and I'm a Sims fan since Sims 1, first person mode how do you get that ?
    Other than my ignorance, I"ve seen the painting with the werewolf's head while playing - never in first person mode :-D as I did not know that existed

Press Shift + Tab to get into/out of First Person Mode.

Here's a more detailed guide:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/first-person-mode.php
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Take your dog for a walk in Brindleton Bay. You just may find gold bars.
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    Curtains sway just slightly, as if in a small breeze from the window.
    Tense Sims that calm down in a mirror will basically have an argument with themselves.
    If you set multiple outfits per category, the Sim will decide on one randomly.
    You can talk to and befriend the monster under the bed.
    There are colour and style filters in CAS and BB.
    You can search pockets on laundry in hampers before washing, which will net a small amount of Simoleons. I've gotten upwards of 120 Simoleons out of a full hamper.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Generic images for a herd of cows found at Brindleton Bay near the farm.

ug9GVc1.png
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    OMG If you are in Strangerville, and working as a Freelance programmer, you get a special top secret [REDACTED] task. Sounds mysterious.

Tbh idk if this is endemic to Strangerville, like the infection.

You can actually get that even if you don't live in Strangerville
  • Abc12Abc12 Posts: 11 New Member
    I found out about cheats and motherlode today...I’m sure you guy all know about that, right?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Jellyfish are in Sulani!

Zu3NFx8.png
    funny-gifs20.gif

TFzPJth.png
    Rainbow Poop

RNmV6v1.png
    An airstrip at Oasis Springs.

qMi3d46.png
    LKKOq3v.png
    wO71dow.png
    Different plane types.

pEDEa0q.png
    A burger joint at Oasis Springs.

WNzPILw.png
    A shopping centre of some sort at Oasis Springs.

hK8Qa7V.png
    A brunch restaurant at Oasis Springs.

yWnk54C.png
    A drive-in theater at Oasis Springs. I desperately wish we actually had this lot type...

xaE34jr.png
    A gardener's life in The Sims, a billboard at Oasis Springs.

osZQFHs.png
    Generic tree templates placed across Oasis Springs.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    TFzPJth.png
    Rainbow Poop

RNmV6v1.png
    An airstrip at Oasis Springs.

qMi3d46.png
    LKKOq3v.png
    wO71dow.png
    Different plane types.

pEDEa0q.png
    A burger joint at Oasis Springs.

WNzPILw.png
    A shopping centre of some sort at Oasis Springs.

hK8Qa7V.png
    A brunch restaurant at Oasis Springs.

yWnk54C.png
    A drive-in theater at Oasis Springs. I desperately wish we actually had this lot type...

xaE34jr.png
    A gardener's life in The Sims, a billboard at Oasis Springs.

osZQFHs.png
    Generic tree templates placed across Oasis Springs.

Holy cow, Oasis Springs has a lot of secrets.
    funny-gifs20.gif

@nerdfashion They also have floating houses. :D
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    Lithilien wrote: »

Press Shift + Tab to get into/out of First Person Mode.

Here's a more detailed guide:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/first-person-mode.php

Thanks :-), tried it, swimming as a mermaid, the colours under water are really bright :-), but in the end I did get dizzy LOL
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I tried it while snorkeling :D really cool!! not so much while painting haha going to try while canoeing next
  • BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Generic images for a herd of cows found at Brindleton Bay near the farm.

Near...the FARM? Where is the farm?
    edited August 2019
    @Bandak If you live in the little area on the top left with the dog statue.

Oasis Springs

FkiWIa2.png
    Freezer Bunny Refrigerators.

----

c3nd75v.png
    Floating houses.

----

6NTlYFb.png
    A drive-in sign.

San Myshuno

nR4aOZF.png
    Fancy watch billboard.

----

bQSIgXt.png
    Mall advertisemets.

----

tDhHc55.png
    Another wall advertisement with an nice render quality for a child Sim.

----

knEbq2I.png
    Soda billboard.

----

QD4uGZZ.png
    Headphones billboard.

----

C3rD6BV.png
    Traveling billboard. Looks like Newcrest?

----

VUh0rA0.png
    TawMd5r.png
    Sims that you can find walking beneath San Myshuno's towering buildings. They appear to have low-quality polygons. They have an awkward walk.

----

fgvtVi2.png
    Abstract billboard.

----

oOxi5ha.png
    "City Living" billboard?

----

hvyDNB2.png
    Possibly a jewelry or other luxury fashion billboard advertisement.

----

V4UuUK8.png
    Piggybank flyer. Possibly an advertisement from a bank? Or something loan related.

----

2HxIRsS.png
    Artistic Japanese style billboard.

----

05KGBE3.png
    Green Tea billboard.

----

0rs6e40.png
    A generic city template found in the corner of San Myshuno.

----

QXPZ5pI.png
    A chair billboard.

----

bLecSvn.png
    Possibly a political related flyer.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Drzombae1Drzombae1 Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks for this!
  • 1Phoenix81Phoenix8 Posts: 9 New Member
    @Hestia How do you take these photos???