September 13 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!
September 5 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac! Take a look at what changed on here!

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

  • ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 16 Member
    This is a massive thread and I don't know if anyone at EA is reading it, but I just noticed that you don't gain fame if you sell paintings via a retail store. I.e. if you paint something and mark it for sale, you won't gain fame by selling it that way. I think if you're selling your own paintings in a retail store (art gallery?) it makes sense that your fame should increase; there are people going to this store to buy your works of art!
  • KTAROLSKTAROLS Posts: 5 New Member
    I really wish my Sims would stop wandering around the house to use a sink that's not right next to the toilet they just used.
  • Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 60 Member
    Can we please have the option to discipline/talk to the children when going through the loud phase. They swear worse than a sailor and can't be punished or spoken to. When you ask the child about the phase it suggest you can influence them to be quiet or punish them with a time out but you can't.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 159 Member
    Kaylen34 wrote: »
    Can we please have the option to discipline/talk to the children when going through the loud phase. They swear worse than a sailor and can't be punished or spoken to. When you ask the child about the phase it suggest you can influence them to be quiet or punish them with a time out but you can't.

    Meebling microwaves yes. This phase is my least favourite thing in the Parenthood pack.

  • Zompire97Zompire97 Posts: 2 New Member
    I miss more to the gameplay such as joining your sims at the university and living at a college :smile: , and also to be able to drive cars and not just have them as decorations
  • Zompire97Zompire97 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Jordan061102 said:
    > First thank's @EA_Mage for this thread. :)
    >
    > - CAS
    >
    > Trainings

    The trainings that you posted a picture of you can get by downloading custom content or mods :)
  • Tiggergirl19Tiggergirl19 Posts: 14 New Member
    I have a question about make-a-sim in the sims 4. Can you no longer make a new family in that area, as where it was possible in the previous versions? That is one way that I like to create families easier than trying to have Sims go and try to make relationships that may or may not work out as well. I do know that it will allow you to make kids with two different sims in that area, but then does that mean that they are married, or in some kind of relationship? I did download the "guide book" on my phone, but it really doesn't say if this can be done. I don't know if I posted this in the right area, but it's one thing that I really loved from the previous versions.
  • SimChallagesSimChallages Posts: 53 Member
    A FREE AND NEW STUFF/GAME PACK. For real, with that one free stuff pack, everybody LOVED it... It's technically more than the base game but free... For real - with that new competition with a one-time purchase coming up, the least you could do is make, like, 20 things free.
    giphy.gif


    Just.. wAnkY.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,600 Member
    Have they taken and implemented any of the ideas from this thread?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Have they taken and implemented any of the ideas from this thread?

    Not really, a side from ceiling fans and sliding doors.
    MQw80Qv.jpg?1
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 1
    I'd like more plain swatches ! I thing every piece of furniture should come with plain black and white swatches. Look at that bed, who's ever gonna use that swatch ?! Why isn't the bed frame available in white ? Same for those curtains !
    This bedside table should have non-shabby looking swatches, same for this dresser. And that kitchen counter would look so much better in a plain color (without the odd frame pattern)!

    I like having (basic) swatches I know I will be able to use In all kinds of builds.


    238y38.png
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,600 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Hestia wrote: »
    Have they taken and implemented any of the ideas from this thread?

    Not really, a side from ceiling fans and sliding doors.

    Yikes.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 47 Member
    1. Online university. That way we have the option for sims to both have part-time jobs and they can study, submit homework, and attend class online!

    2. Medieval pack. Just a new Arthurian-styled world. Maybe an option for a new job as a knight, and there is a set monarchy in the world, whose castle you can visit and have civilian/king and queen social interactions. Also, of course, medieval clothing, furniture, maybe a jousting skill, and a new instrument.

    3. New job positions: Architect, Lawyer, tattoo artist.

    4. More tattoo options, please!!!
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 47 Member
    edited August 1
    More thoughts to add (and I'll probably be back to add even more eventually).

    1. Like everyone has mentioned: More sports! There are some bar games and we have water balloon fights and basketball, but it would be great to have football, tennis, or soccer like TS3.

    2. Allowing sims to have accents!! I know that would entail having to have people record vocals for the accents, but just think about it!!

    3. A pack specifically for traveling. Maybe a "world traveler pack" similar to traveling in TS3 how we had worlds inspired by Paris and China. Which also reminds me, Nectar!! Can we get the option to make nectar again and maybe have an update where we can purchase BOTTLES of nectar and we can display them in a nectar shelf/cellar.

    4. Slow dancing! I'm tired of the weird arm flapping that sims call dancing lol, I would love sims to fully interact with dance partners, slow dancing would be great to use for storylines when sims go on dates or when they are hosting a wedding!

    5. For Realm Of Magic, please have some fun spell options!! I love Vampires but their spell abilities are lacking and it gets boring after a bit.

    6. Please pet owls/birds. They can be like the hamsters/rodents where interaction is limited, but It would be nice to have more caged pet options!

    7. Have preschool as an option just like kids/teens go to school, so toddlers can meet other toddlers. I want to use the toddler playdate social event but it seems nearly impossible for them to ever meet any other existing toddlers!

    8. This may not be high in demand, but- a pottery/candle making station. Something similar to the woodworking station. I would like for sims to have a hobby where they can make their own ceramics or their own fun candles, and they have the option of what scents the candles can be, that way they serve different mood outlets!

    9. A Bridal stuff pack. More wedding gown/suits/decor options. Add the bachelor/bachelorette party social event. Having the option to choose your maid of honor/best man for a wedding when you are in the invite page menu, just like how you can choose a bartender/caterer- that way they stand on either sides of each sim during the ceremony.

    10. Spiral staircase.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 3,494 Member
    > @nerdfashion said:
    > Maybe a new world...

    Can't agree more, we need more space. Some "empty" world to be patched in, preferably with at least one (two or three would be better) 64x64 lot and a few more on the larger side (50x50 or so). I have only one EP that actually adds another world and all the other smaller packs I have usually add one community lot. For those like me, who don't like the theme of the major packs we have so far, space becomes an issue easily. Not to mention that using the terrain shaping is very limited on smaller lots.

    Actually, I would've liked a world that is not completely empty. I don't enjoy building, and would simply prefer more homes for my Sims to live in without having to pay even more money.

    Edit: And like you, I only have a small number of packs (Seasons, Get Famous, Bowling Night, and Vampires).

    You can just download buildings from the Gallery to fill an empty world - and have the types of lots you want.

    Yes, I can, but I never seem to find anything that I like that doesn't use a bazillion of the packs I don't have, meaning when I download it it won't be half as nice.
    s8EMvHa.png
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,600 Member
    Is there a point in continuing to give feedback if they won't implement anything we share?
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 84 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Is there a point in continuing to give feedback if they won't implement anything we share?

    @Hestia Of course. First, they implemented more than two things from all this wishes, like laptops, building sandcastles (even via tarrainpaint), stilts (even if they're a little meh), part-time Jobs, to name some,
    Second, it shows we want a better, richer game in many points, if we stop giving feedback, they might come to think all is well and shiny ;)
    Last but not least to share creativity with all those other awesome simmers out there, especially modders have done a bunch for this game that maxis didn't (yet?)
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,600 Member
    @Marduc_Plays That sounds very underwhelming compared to how much the community has shared.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 84 Member
    edited August 1
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Marduc_Plays That sounds very underwhelming compared to how much the community has shared.

    @Hestia And you're right with that assumption. If anyone made only a top 100 list of the most wanted features, it would give them content for a ton of addons, and they didn't even use 1/10 of the most wanted requests yet.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 95 Member
    edited August 1
    I would really love to see an officially supported 'PosePlayer' type feature and the ability to manipulate Sims into certain emotions via a cheat/special object for storytelling purposes. I've been playing around with mods recently and there are some beautiful interactions/animations that I didn't even know exsisted but there are definitely limits to what the mod can do (when using official EA animations and not custom poses). I would love to see a quicker and easier way to set up screenshots without having to force Sims into said emotions or download 3rd party content in order to portray the story I am trying to tell. p4ZE6Yh.png I'd like to be able to do this kind of thing without the stress and set up involved currently!
    jRgWyYo.png
    lGi0ZBT.png

  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 1,059 Member
    I forgot : I’d love ladders and L-Shaped stairs. The animation for ladders is already there with the pool ladders, so why can’t we have ladders ? As for L-shaped stairs I’m guessing it probably wouldn’t be super complicated either ?
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I'd like more plain swatches ! I thing every piece of furniture should come with plain black and white swatches. Look at that bed, who's ever gonna use that swatch ?! Why isn't the bed frame available in white ? Same for those curtains !
    This bedside table should have non-shabby looking swatches, same for this dresser. And that kitchen counter would look so much better in a plain color (without the odd frame pattern)!

    I like having (basic) swatches I know I will be able to use In all kinds of builds.


    238y38.png

  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,353 Member
    Time travel, space travel - robots, bots, and servo's - some Ultra modern space age styles.... I'd love to see some of this stuff and one thing I would love a Vacation pack featuring an Ocean liner for honeymoons for the sims that travels to a few different ports.

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • Morten8035Morten8035 Posts: 42 Member
    I made a thread with this a couple of years ago, I guess it won't hurt posting it here as well:

    The game really need more names in CAS and for townies/NPCs.
    I've checked the game files and this is how many names there are in the Norwegian language compared to the English.
    Norwegian:
    Female:
    40
    Male: 40
    Last names: 40

    English:
    Female:
    1080
    Male: 1076
    Last names: 3150

    As you can see, if you're playing the game in Norwegian (and probably other languages), you'll get very low variation when it comes to names and you'll just be seeing the same names over and over and over. (I'd repeat the last two words in that sentence several more times to prove my points but I think I'll let that be.)
    This just gets boring after a while so we really need more names, I'm sure I'm not alone feeling this.
    I personally wouldn't mind to get all the English available while playing the game in my own language.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 1,059 Member
    In French it's always the same names.
    Morten8035 wrote: »
    I made a thread with this a couple of years ago, I guess it won't hurt posting it here as well:

    The game really need more names in CAS and for townies/NPCs.
    I've checked the game files and this is how many names there are in the Norwegian language compared to the English.
    Norwegian:
    Female:
    40
    Male: 40
    Last names: 40

    English:
    Female:
    1080
    Male: 1076
    Last names: 3150

    As you can see, if you're playing the game in Norwegian (and probably other languages), you'll get very low variation when it comes to names and you'll just be seeing the same names over and over and over. (I'd repeat the last two words in that sentence several more times to prove my points but I think I'll let that be.)
    This just gets boring after a while so we really need more names, I'm sure I'm not alone feeling this.
    I personally wouldn't mind to get all the English available while playing the game in my own language.

  • Morten8035Morten8035 Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 3
    Dianesims wrote: »
    In French it's always the same names.
    Yeah, it's that in Norwegian too.

    Post edited by Morten8035 on
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top