Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So are we ever going to get firefighters or burglars ?

I know this has been a topic since forever, but i'm now getting a little tense with my game not having some crazy stuff happening.
I miss the fact you could be burgled, or when a fire happened and the firefighters arrived.
I understand that this might cause anxiety for some people but i miss that detail of the game, maybe they can consider a stuff pack for those of us who truly want it? i'd pay.
Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge

Comments

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited August 2019
    I do really miss the firefighters and burglars too, it just added something extra to the game. Even though the burglars were sometimes annoying but that’s why I made sure to have my security system in place. Also remember the repo man? :D
  • Options
    HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    I do really miss the firefighters and burglars too, it just added something extra to the game. Even though the burglars were sometimes annoying but that’s why I made sure to have my security system in place. Also remember the repo man? :D

Omg the repo man! i totally forgot about him! i definitely can't help but want them all back though, add some spice.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't think so, remember, it took them 5 years for a white shelf. :warning:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I miss them, too. Happily, I rarely saw the Repo man, but I did once have the maid steal the toilet because my Sims' account was too low when she came that day. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I miss them, too. Happily, I rarely saw the Repo man, but I did once have the maid steal the toilet because my Sims' account was too low when she came that day. :open_mouth:

I didn’t know they could do that. :D
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! Went ahead and moved this to the Speculation and Rumor section.

Game on!
    ~EA_Joz
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would like to think so.

But after almost five years and Sim Guru Frost (I believe) reiterating the game is a “safe space for people to grow, learn, share with others” I have no hope whatsoever.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i hope not i clearly do not went buglars to return to the game the only way i would not mind is if they include toggles to turn them off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm still hoping to get burglars, police and firefighters back in a patch at some point. I really miss my NPCs.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited August 2019
    Take this with a grain of salt, but if I recall correctly, the gurus said they won't add in burglars due to how disturbing they may be to some players. Some folks have said that the burglar in TS2 scared them quite severely. Sheesh, one person here reported having a deep fear of the Grim Reaper in the game.

Again, I think that's what they said in regards to burglars, a bit before the time Cats and Dogs was announced. Which, if that is true, opens up to MANY arguments against that decision.

EDIT: Back in 2017, a rumor was going around that EA stated they don't want to add in burglars because they don't want to cause anxiety attacks amongst players... when we already have vampire invasions, which is worse than a burglar stealing your items... and they could just add in an option to turn off the spawn of burglars... so I don't know if the developers agree with this reasoning (although based on past comments from them, I wouldn't be surprised), but that might be the reason.
  • Options
    jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Hopefully we will get them along a patch at some point. Also it could be an optional thing, so people who don't want them don't need to have them.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Take this with a grain of salt, but if I recall correctly, the gurus said they won't add in burglars due to how disturbing they may be to some players. Some folks have said that the burglar in TS2 scared them quite severely. Sheesh, one person here reported having a deep fear of the Grim Reaper in the game.

Again, I think that's what they said in regards to burglars, a bit before the time Cats and Dogs was announced. Which, if that is true, opens up to MANY arguments against that decision.

EDIT: Back in 2017, a rumor was going around that EA stated they don't want to add in burglars because they don't want to cause anxiety attacks amongst players... when we already have vampire invasions, which is worse than a burglar stealing your items... and they could just add in an option to turn off the spawn of burglars... so I don't know if the developers agree with this reasoning (although based on past comments from them, I wouldn't be surprised), but that might be the reason.

This was debunked a long time ago.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »

By whom? Were we ever given a reason, then?
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I can definitely do without burglars. If they add them, I hope we can toggle them off. I really do want a firefighter career though. We need more normal careers.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    5 years later I’m gonna go ahead and say no
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2019
    Unfortunately not.

I’ll take it a step further and say I don’t think we’ll be getting any new service Sims period.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    All of the above
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I'd say no.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I want to say Grant debunked it. He just said they just... didn't add them in. Probably because they were under a time crunch because EA saw SimCityOnline fail and TS4 was about to follow in that footstep before making a hard 180 into an offline, single player game.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    i hope not i clearly do not went buglars to return to the game the only way i would not mind is if they include toggles to turn them off

Or make sure there's a burglar alarm -- with the alarm the police would show up before the burglar could steal anything...if my Brave Sim didn't beat up the burglar first. B) Only drawback was the entire family (except the Heavy Sleepers), so I'd either have to send them all to bed or if it was close to time to get up anyway cheat up their Energy level.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

I want to say Grant debunked it. He just said they just... didn't add them in. Probably because they were under a time crunch because EA saw SimCityOnline fail and TS4 was about to follow in that footstep before making a hard 180 into an offline, single player game.

Ohhhh, that does sound familiar. Then why they still aren't in the game absolutely baffles me since there's already an "invasion system" of sorts in the game already.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Hahaha, the repo man, I pluming hated him.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Why add in burglars, we already have them in Island Living, people just come in and steal everything, food, beds, books, You can't lock them out, I tried to no avail. Living in Island Living is like living in Alcatraz, you are on an island, helpless against intrusion from criminals and no way of warding them off as there are no locks, oh, but I digress, why add in burglars, we already have them.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Why add in burglars, we already have them in Island Living, people just come in and steal everything, food, beds, books, You can't lock them out, I tried to no avail. Living in Island Living is like living in Alcatraz, you are on an island, helpless against intrusion from criminals and no way of warding them off as there are no locks, oh, but I digress, why add in burglars, we already have them.
    Because not everyone has IL and couldn’t care at all to live in whatever that world is called. Burglars added more fun.
    I remember when I first played TS3 the first sim I created got robbed on her first night. She was asleep and because I didn’t know canceling an action was possible I had her sleep through it and called the police in morning. It was too late and instead I ended up getting fined for wasting police time😂😂😂 it was fun fighting with them too. I would definitely welcome burglars into Ts4.
  • Options
    HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    I didn't think this post would gain so much attention for discussion.
    I know that there are people who'd rather be without them but this is a life simulation and that small detail made the game feel more alive to me.
    The feeling of having to wake up in the middle of the night(in the sims) and sneak down stairs to call the police was satisfying and realistic, something i truly miss.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge