Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give us 3 of your Sim names for each gender

Coming up with sim names is one of the funnest parts for me, and I love to get ideas from seeing what other people name their sims. Tell us the names of 3 male sims you currently have or previously had in your game, and 3 female sims you have or have had.

Optional: tell us why you chose those names or what the story is behind the names. We don't need their whole biography, just the information that is pertinent to the naming process. Or just list the names without any explanation if that's easier.

Here are mine. Feel free to use them in your game if you like them...

Male:

1. Malcolm Magnus Landgraab I. My plan was to name Malcom’s first born son and then all subsequent sons down the line of inheritance “Malcolm Magnus” and have them be the second, the third, etc.

2. Tariq Xander Ghomari. An NPC generated in my game with the last name Ghomari and married Cassandra Goth. I looked up Ghomari and saw that it’s Algerian, so I then looked up Algerian boy names and found Tareek, which I changed to Tariq. I gave him the middle name Xander in honor of Cassandra’s brother, Alexander.

3. Alarick Chance Lobo-Blanc. Diego Lobo had a love child with an NPC with the last name of Blanc. Because “Lobo” means wolf in Spanish, I looked up names associated with wolves, and Alarick supposedly means “wolf ruler.” The mom was a golddigger and took a chance that Diego would pay for the baby, so she gave him the middle name Chance, but nobody else ever knew the meaning of the name except for her, not even her son.

Female:

1. Cassie Jan Davenport. The daughter of Alexander Goth and a female sim I made who was best friends with Janine Lane. Cassie Jan is named in honor of Alexander’s sister, Cassandra, and the wife’s bestie, Janine.

2. Joslyn Reece Lane-Blanc. The love child of Beau Lane and an NPC with the last name of Blanc. No explanation for the first names—I just liked these names.

3. Kani Lili Kahananui. Long before Island Living, I had Kahananuis in my game, haha. I wonder if a developer saw one of my old posts or if they just came upon the name independently? Either way, it’s cool that other people have Kahananuis now, too. I wanted a Hawaiian family, so I looked up Hawaiian names, and I liked these the best.

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    FYI, if you put the middle name in the first name space and put a dash between them (example: Malcolm-Magnus), then you can have middle names in your game and they still work with cheats since the dash is considered a character in the first name. You just have to make sure the names are short enough so they both fit into the space provided.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2019
    Just 3?! Alright, alright ...

I try to go for names that evoke something of their description/backstory.

Male

1. George Smart. My main sim and avatar. A bumbling astronaut and suburban family man in the style of 60’s TV dads.

2. Randy Rivers. A moustachioed ladies man, straight out of the 80’s, with a bit of Tom Selleck and Burt Reynolds about him.

3. Brick Brickowski. A hulking, lantern jawed former football player. A gentle giant and neighbor of George Smart.

Female

1. Delaney Westwood. Kindhearted and capable heiress. Eldest child of the Westwood dynasty.

2. Patricia Profit. A career oriented ice queen with a mean steak longer than Wall Street.

3. Sara Lee Summers. A idealistic, slightly naive small-town girl who has set her sights on stardom.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited August 2019
    Some of my favourite names in my current save are:

Men:

Bruce Payne - the local doctor. I just love the irony of a doctor whose name is Payne, and then I added Bruce as his first name because it's a play on Bruce Wayne. Fun fact 1 - he recently married a woman called Jane. Fun fact 2 - I have heard of actual irl doctors whose names are Pain and D'eath.

Bill Hake - he's a fisherman and I couldn't resist the chance to name him after an actual fish.

Tiberius Ebenezer - elderly local businessman inspired by Ebenezer Scrooge. His house is called Scrooge Hall. He lives with his great-nephew and their housekeepr.

Women:

Angelique de Soie - the local dressmaker. She's English but pretends to be French, and the surname she goes by means silk in French. She is technically an NPC though, because she's marked as one of my sims, but not played except when I set her up in a house and bought her establishment.

Abigail Lewis - housekeeper to the Ebenezers. I chose her name because sometimes a lady's maid was called an abigail so I thought it was a fun play on her role as a servant.

Victoria Carrington - the only daughter of Lord and Lady Carrington. She is, of course, named after Queen Victoria because I'm playing a Victorian game at the moment. She only recentlly aged up from toddler so it remains to be seen what kind of person she becomes.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Most of these are randomized. Others are just the first thing that popped into my head.

Male
    Howard Joyner-Adult
    Denzel Langston- Child
    Randolph Callaway- Teen

Female
    Cara Hudgins-Adult
    Antoinette Justice-Young Adult
    Cadence Goodman- Toddler
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited August 2019
    Male
    Advarius Furystrykar - Adult - Global Superstar, either wearing sunglasses or just straight glasses. Soul patch.
    Benjamin Furystrykar - Young Adult - His hair's longer, but has that soul patch
    Roddy Furystrykar - Child - Loves wearing light pink and/or light blue clothing. Sometimes wears dresses and makeup. Loves the ocean, has a ponytail.

Female
    Shine Honeydew/Furystrykar - Young Adult - large, beautiful and kind hearted. Pigtails tied up with heart loops.
    Sophia Furystrykar - Child - Wears red glasses, makeup. Likes reading.
    Carol Brinson - Elder - A kind hearted lady who's married to a former police officer after paying for the surgery to restore his sight.

That last one was randomised, originally a townie, but since the name was brilliant, I turned Carol Brinson into a hot elderly lady with better traits. Probably one of the very few moments I will take pity on a townie.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    @So_Money I LOVE your names. Brick Brickowski is possibly my favorite. Randy Rivers sounds like he'd be interesting to play. Your game sounds really fun!

@Mariefoxprice83 That's a great characteristic that de Soie is actually English but pretending to be French -- I love that. I've heard of people named Payne before, but D'eath?! LOL, that's gotta make your life hard, going through life with that name.

@ListentoToppDogg Those are pretty good names for being mostly randomized!
    Probably one of the very few moments I will take pity on a townie.

LOL, that cracked me up that you said that. I like incorporating interesting townies into my game, but I love deleting them when they're messing it up. >:)

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    Idk whenever i think i came up with great name i google it and it just turns out to be place somewhere i had no idea existed

so by now i have decided to stop giving my sims surnames and just put "Sim" instead

some legends include

"Catherine Creek"
    "Lucas Hollow"

I suppose its because i use long english names a lot though

btw. kani means rabbit in my language so last one sounded like rabbit was named Lili :sweat_smile::joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Male:
    1. Kaha Na Mokupuni ~The first name (Kaha) means Mighty and the last name (Na Mokupuni) means the Islands in Hawaiian. I made a Sulani native, so figured I might as well name him the part.

2. Kai Hoku ~ Again, needed a name in Hawaiian. This time it means Ocean Star. And don't do a Hawaiin-English translation for this if you're using Google Translate like me, for it to work you have to do English-Hawaiin.

3. Marty Huntsmen ~ Honestly, I just needed a name.

Female:
    1. Aubrey Nā 'Āina Kai ~ I wanted to create a character who was half-Sulanian, so had a typical name but a Hawaiian last name. This time, the last name means Ocean Dwellers.

2. Ashely Moore ~ I was going for a celebrity/popular girl vibe, and this was what I got.

3. Indie Jones ~ Honestly, I just love this name.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Male

Tyle Smith
    Kadron Gavalone
    Tarick Winston

Female
    Aziza-Jane Jones
    China Bennett
    Pallavi Marcail Fisher
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Cool, thread! I see some very unique names.

Female:
    1 & 2: Twins Noelani & Aoki Allocco - My main Sims in the avatar. They're my first mermaids born in game. I love giving my Sims unique names. They're still young so trying to figure out their personality. Noelani is the social butterfly so far and Aoki is very creative.

3. Lark Forrester - She was the sister to my Gen 4 heir in my Forrester Legacy Challenge. I just always loved the name Lark. I did a spin-off save with her and she's in a celebrity feud with her rival and nemesis Dulce Salas.

Male

1. Chance Salas
    2. Slate Gautier
    3. Zayne Gautier

No backstories on the guys except Chance is a sibling of the twin girls Noelani & Aoki. & Zayne and Slate are brothers from my vampire series. I just love their names.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Here are mine, all from the same save.

Male:
    1. Julian Clarke Castillo: His father is from Windenburg and his mother is from Selvadorda. A pop star who lives in San Myshuno and one of my favorite sims.
    2. Kingston Card: aspiring artist who lives with his bff Blair Liu. I used the random generator for this one.
    3. Kellan Carabajal: Art critic and music enthusiast. He was a randomly generated townie that I saw walking down the street and decided he would be fun to play.

Female:
    1. Topaz Turner: She's a fashion designer and that one loud friend you have. I just chose this one because it sounded nice and a bit flashy and I liked the alliteration.
    2. Evangeline Landgraab: I wanted to give Malcolm an older sister. She's Johnny Zest's twin (they don't look much alike) and although she tried to carry on the family business she eventually became a singer because it gave her comfort after her younger brother's death (malcolm died in StrangerVille, long story.) I liked Evangeline because it was the kind of special name a rich, slightly spoiled Landgraab might have.
    3. Ayesha Borden: Pop-rock singer in a band I created called Contra's Band. (shameless self promotion: the link to the tumblr I made for them is in my signature and they are currently entered in a Battle of the Bands!) I wanted something that was familiar but still uncommon, and I have always loved the name Ayesha.

(Sorry if that was a bit too much info. I can ramble on and on about that save.)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• twincentaurstwincentaurs Posts: 4 New Member
    Females:
    Freya Keaton: A gardener and collector who was very in touch with nature.
    Estrella Keaton: Freya's daughter; a real star, became a famous artist.
    Luna Keaton: A very intelligent albino who worked hard to become an astronaut.

Males:
    Robert Frost: Named after the poet; he's still a toddler, so uncertain how he will turn out.
    Logan O'Brian: An ambitious businessman who always wished he would have pursued a career in music.
    Gerald Boulevard: A play on the singer Gerard Way. Never did anything with him, but was fun to make.

I tend to be a bit more in depth with females than males, lol. Maybe that's because my sims keep having baby girls.
    @Simmingal Oh I didn't know that the word "kani" meant rabbit -- that's so funny that my sim is named Rabbit Lili, haha! What language is that in?

@nerdfashion Ashely Moore sounds like the perfect name for a popular girl!

@SimAlexandria So cool that we both have Taricks (just with slightly different spelling)!

@Sha2520032003 Zayne is such a cool name. I've never heard the name "Slate" before, but I like the way it sounds. And of course, you know I like the name "Chance" because I gave it to one of my sims! I like your girl names, too.

@citysimmer I love the name Julian Clarke Castillo -- something about it just sounds so distinguished.

@twincentaurs Robert Frost is one of my favorite poets. I wonder how he will turn out.

• blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Mine are just random ones that I pick

Female:
    Ember Silverman
    Everly Silverman
    April Mercer

Male:
    Ash Silverman
    Kai Silverman
    Cory Mercer
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Male:

Ridge Everest - Ridge originally lived as a conspiracy theorist loner in an itty bitty bunker hiding out from aliens while he wrote SciFi novels. I made him as part of the Micro Mini challenge. I wanted a very strong, masculine sounding name for this Sim as a contrast to his character. He later became my StrangerVille hero military man. He still lives underground and is paranoid, but his new girlfriend helps keep him company in his bunker now.

Heath Ohmleth - Heath was my second try at the Extreme Rags to Riches challenge. He lives in Oasis Springs and made his fortune using the yard sale table. He has a vampire girlfriend he met when he was still just living in a tent. Heath's name is a play on words that I made up just for fun. It's supposed to sound like somebody with a lisp saying, "He's Homeless." lol

Romeo Pandorian - Romeo is the first and only alien I've ever actually played. He 'accidentally' crashed his spaceship in Oasis Springs while on a mission to observe Sims. He joined the Scientist career to gain access to parts to repair his ship and go back home, but ended up deciding to stay in Simland. His name is supposed to be a combination of his romantic nature and alien heritage.

Female:

Bebe Boomer - Bebe is the founder of my try at the 100 Baby Challenge. Her name is a play on words meant to sound like 'Baby Boomer.' :)

Sunshine Beam - She's an older free-spirited hippie living in an abandoned school bus on a lot in Newcrest. She makes a living selling produce from her large organic garden and busking with her beloved acoustic guitar. She loves to wander and meet people from all walks of life so she may move on from there one day.

Coral Reeves - Coral is a mermaid I made for a contest called, The Bachelor in Paradise. She's taken refuge on a tiny beach just outside of the ritzy part of Sulani. She really doesn't have a last name, but that's what she tells anyone that asks so they don't suspect she's not human. Coral is an outcast and the last of her line of Merfolk that actually eat fish. She has a rather long, complicated background, but I won't elaborate since that's not what this thread is all about. :)

I have a TON of Sims, most of them don't have names that are a play on words, but I thought these were fun and wanted to share. Most of the others use alliteration. I don't know why, I just like naming my Sims in that way.

Happy Simming! <3
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't know why, but I just love names and choosing them for my characters/sims. Here are some of mine:

Male:

1. Hal Yorke - Named after my favourite fictional character. He is also the sim in my avatar and my favourite sim/virtual son. :D His full name is actually Henry, which is one of my personal favourites, but almost everyone calls him Hal for short. He also has a 'darker' alternate personality who prefers to go by (Lord) Harry and I play in an alternative save. Hal is an old grand master vampire and was originally born in England in the 15th century, so he was probably named after the king and chose Yorke himself for his surname after the city of York. Hal and Harry are both diminutives of Henry that were used in the medieval period.

2. Bunny Hutchison - Actually born Rhys, he became Bunny after his best friend and husband Dave gave him the nickname when they were babies/toddlers. Dave called him Bunny as a play on 'Hutch' in his surname and also because he thought it was cute and liked teasing him with it as they got older. It soon stuck and now almost everyone calls him Bunny.

3. Gilbert - Do pet sims count? Gilbert is a cute black and white tuxedo kitten that recently 'imprinted' on his reluctant cat dad Hal. :D Not even the hardest of hearts would be able to resist his sweet little face, and so Hal adopted him and named him Gilbert, which was a common name for a cat in the medieval period, and also appealed to him due to his love for the Gilbert and Sullivan operettas. Fittingly, Gilbert also seems to share Hal's love for music and often sings along with him when he plays the piano/guitar, which is so cute.

Female:

1. Mabel Leonie Yorke-McNair - Hal's adopted daughter and my first toddler sim. Mabel (meaning lovable) is both a very old name that Hal has always liked and another name from Gilbert and Sullivan. Leonie was chosen as her middle name to honour Hal's late best friend Leo who supported him when he decided to become a 'Good Vampire'. Her double-barrelled surname is of course from both her dads.

2. Tansy Yorke, née Henderson - Tansy is a flower name that means 'immortality', which turns out to be very fitting for her story! Tansy is a bonnie Scottish lass and her Scottish maiden name Henderson means son of Henry (a very deliberate choice, but also a surname I like from my own family tree). She is now Harry's vampire bride/queen and they have recently had a baby girl together named Hattie (i.e. Harriet) after her daddy. I plan for Henry names to often appear in future generations to continue this honour/tradition.

3. Mahina Ka'aukai - My first mermaid sim and future wife of Hattie's future son. I wanted her to have a pretty Polynesian/Hawaiian name to suit both Sulani and a mermaid. Mahina means 'moon' and Ka'aukai means 'seafarer'.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Male:

Angelico Rodríguez: One of the Sims in my avatar... whom I'm pretty sure is also the Sim I've played the longest out of all Sims games and iterations. :sweat_smile: He's not exactly an angel - he's more like the opposite... I like it when the meanings of my characters' names actually form a stark contrast with their personality, as is the case with dear Angie.
    Shiva Rao: A bold, kind-of-evil and intimidating Sim of mine... who likes to call himself a king (humility is not exactly one of his qualities). He has been called a Destroyer (of relationships, though, mostly), much like his namesake. Also, his surname just so happens to mean "king".
    Laka Amiri: He is one of my merfolk Sims; in my lore, there are sirens who are all inherently evil and extremely dangerous... and then there are merfolk at the other end. With his bulky physique and the scars that mar his whole body, most don't really dare approach tribe leader Laka - it doesn't exactly help that he is the silent type, who doesn't easily make contact with others. Most assume he got his status as a leader through his imposing build as well as his fighting skill, which is not entirely wrong. Still... all Laka really cares about is preserving his island and saving it - both from the sirens around him, but even more so from the humans that have been wronging it. And if one actually cared to get to know him, they would find he's an absolute gentle giant. The meaning of name "Laka?" Gentle.

Female:

Rani Hatano: The name of my two vampire Sim's alien child, born through an abduction... she's an absolute queen.
    Fenne Madden: Though the meaning of the name is unknown, she is kind of precious to me because it's currently the only name of any character of mine that actually originated in the country where I'm from! And the funniest thing... I didn't even make it up myself LOL, a friend of mine (from a whole different continent) suggested it probably not even knowing its origins.
    Victoria "Tori" Hoyt: It may seem at first glance that this Sim's name is another case of irony (like with Angelico): after all, she has actually already been defeated twice! However... she also managed to break all odds and come back both twice, once even from the death! She is my most power-hungry Sim and she will stop at nothing to ensure her reign lasts forever and all her enemies are defeated.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    3 male sims:
    Jagger
    Chase
    Jace

3 female sims:
    Elsie Joy
    Lucy
    Beatrice
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member

Female
    Forever
    Haven
    Tehani

Male
    Haden
    Salem
    Xaler

I'm doing the alphabet legacy so each generation is named after the next letter in the alphabet. I find that this helps me remember everyone's name :smiley:
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I randomize the names, but I choose the pets ones... Vlad's cats are all named after vampires from literature and now he has a goldfish named Bela Lugosi.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    edited August 2019
    Male:
    Kevin Bishop: A detective dating Natalya.
    Jonathan DeMora: Married to his job as a Secret Agent.
    Lucky: A German Shepherd dog.

Female:
    Natalya McCall: A Double Diamond Agent dating Kevin.
    Anna Ishimoto: A professional pianist and violinist.
    Maria Ward: A businesswoman who saved Strangerville.
  • FitcheurFitcheur Posts: 27 Member
    M A L E
    - Charles De Coubertin :
    Yes, this is a very frenchy name! He is the unique son of a rich business family, however money didn’t give him happiness. He’s a gloomy artist and cold-hearted sim who seems to struggle with his true identity.

- Pin Yamaoka :
    A nature-lover that likes to cooks vegetarian food with fruits and vegatables coming from his garden

- Wallace White :
    A true sweatheart. He wanted to be the best dad of the town : he worked hard as a Spy in order to promote security and wealthyness to his family. However, one day, he got fooled by his wife (see below) and turn into a vampire. And since then, he isn’t exactly the same...

F E M A L E
    - Esther Mc Adam :
    An evil vampire who just lives for success and chao. She married an innocent but really intelligent man in order to offer a new victim to Vlad..

- Judith Jackson :
    An outgoing woman. There not really much to say about her.

- Hélène De Coubertin :
    Her personnality is the opposite of her twin Charles. She wants to follow the success of her parents by becoming the new famous actress in town. I wouldn’t suggest you to get in her way, because if you do, she will always have a plan to ruin your life!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Chase Worthington
    Craig Westmooreland
    Jared Wentworth

Arlene DesJarden
    Angelina DeKay
    Abby Hamilton

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have a lot of sims & it was hard to pick just 3!

Males-
    Lionel Dahlberg-young adult, in the entertainment career, comedy branch. Also loves painting.
    Nile Jackson-young adult, just moved out, got married & joined the culinary career with plans to become a mixologist. Bit of a prankster, but still a decent fellow, kind of like the Weasley twins rolled into one. He even has red hair!
    Patrick Kottam-Young adult, handsome, outdoorsy, in the business career. Just married Flora Kershaw.

Females-
    Flora Kershaw-actually Kottam now. Young adult, outdoorsy. athletic, loves dogs, married to Patrick Kottam, lives in Strangerville, joined the military career.
    Nova Lennox-toddler, latest sim born in my game. A merbaby, she loves to splash around in the kiddie pool. Often plays by herself while Daddy works to keep Sulani clean.
    Alena Jackson nee Kolman-Young adult, married Nile Jackson's younger brother. A troublemaker since childhood, it seemed only natural for her to join the criminal career.

No special reason for these names, I have a list of names gleaned from baby name sites & just choose from that whenever a sim is born or created. Surnames are little more carefully chosen, but again, no real reason behind them. Mostly they just popped into my head.
    Gallery ID: LDM2