Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite room in the house to design or decorate?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Other
    Other. I have fun designing them all. Including restaurants/retail/etc.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    For me, it's entrance/great halls/staircases...I have a thing for creating huge over the top hallways xd

pqnWIyN.png

UZBOhh9.png

croft manor <3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    Kitchen and dining are my favorites

then

master en-suite
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Other
    lol, here's my rl office and why I am not playing sims all that much. Been doing a major apt reno.....

3OYRF6h.jpg
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Living Room/Den
    Living rooms for me. That's where most of my households' activity happens, and it's where most of the random easels, pianos, etc. get added as the household earns more money. I like having it look like a normal family's house, not perfectly decorated, but vibrant and fun.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other
    I love designing my kitchens and if they are a kitchen only or a kitchen/diner which is popular in the uk.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I really hate all building and buying, it's a chore for me. I'd much rather be in live mode.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited August 2019
    Kitchen/Dining
    I love the kitchens with the washer/dryer included in some cases, different shapes with the auto counter off, really enjoy seeing what kind of arrangement looks best. Since all my houses are open floor plans, like CK I usually have living/dining/kitchen combo with the only rooms being the bedrooms and baths. I can honestly say I love decorating much more than landscaping...gah!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Bedroom
    I like bedrooms, it's fun to show my sims' personalities in them. I like doing kid's and teen's bedrooms the best, it's fun to use a lot of bright colors and clutter items.
  • Options
    GeomangoGeomango Posts: 9 New Member
    Office/Desk Area
    My office and plan room.
  • Options
    petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    I feel like the kitchen/dining room is my favorite room to flesh out in my builds because it's usually the room that I renovate first when I save up enough money to make my sims' houses look better. I finish decorating it and I find that it's usually the room that I base the other rooms' styles mostly off of.
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    NRowe wrote: »
    Seems I enjoy decorating entire apartments. <3 I am in the process of renovating all, or at least nearly all, of San Myshuno....I think what makes apartments so fun for me is that I can concentrate on the interior decorating, and making a fairly small space personal to each Sim/family.

I totally agree! In my previous save, San Myshuno was my main focus, and I redesigned most of the apartments, sometimes just decorating the rooms, but sometimes tearing down all the walls and coming up with a much better layout. Like you, I found it fun to personalize a small space, and I liked the challenge of fitting everything in.
    Sylvanas wrote: »
    All of the above except for living rooms! I redecorate the interiors of gallery and Maxis houses a lot, so I've found joy in decorating every room... except the living room. I don't know why but I can never figure out where to put anything in it!

That's so funny! When I need inspiration, I'll just use google images to find something cool about a room I want to recreate, and the I'll build around that. It's fun to look up different styles of interior decor, depending on who the family is. Maybe that will help you the next time you're stuck on a living room?
    I like kitchens because there is a ton of kitchen clutter to use, and I have fun with odd shapes and nooks for all kinds of things. I can go rustic, modern, victorian, it's no wonder they're my favorite room.

Yes! That's exactly how I feel!
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I like bedrooms, especially kids’ rooms, because they have the most personality. I often further personalize them by adding things like birth certificates, collectibles, selfies, and school projects.

The twin children in one of my families had a snowglobe collection that their mom got for the, one at a time, by rummaging through boxes in San Myshuno. It was a really nice touch to the room. I never thought of personalizing with school projects. That's such a good idea!
    Wyrren wrote: »
    I'm not sure why... I just like putting the kitchens together... :o

Wow! Your kitchens are amazing! I love your use of clutter--makes it look so real.
    Mainly because I like decorating the kitchen but I like landscaping more. I find terrain painting to be sort of relaxing in a weird way.

That's so funny because terrain painting stresses me out. I can never quite get it to look right or to look the way I want it. I know it's pretty basic, but for some reason, I have a problem with it, LOL. I try to do it as little as possible.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Kitchen/Dining
    For me, it's entrance/great halls/staircases...I have a thing for creating huge over the top hallways xd

Your builds are so beyond incredible! I can't get over how cool that is!
    fullspiral wrote: »
    lol, here's my rl office and why I am not playing sims all that much. Been doing a major apt reno.....

Your irl office is so pretty and interesting. You should try recreating it in the sims when you have more time to play. Also, your cat is adorable.

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2019
    Other
    As much as I loved doing front and back yards before, I love it even more now with all the debug objects. There’s so much more room for creativity now and the objects costing nothing sure helps.
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Bedroom
    It's a tough answer, I had to think for a moment. I guess I do spent a lot of time decorating bedrooms because it's the room where I want to spend my personal time with, and it's room where I can relax and get my privacy. So yes, depends on the sim's personality, I match what they have for their bedroom.
  • Options
    RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    I voted for kitchen. This is where my sims spend majority of their time and I'm obsessed with huge islands in the kitchen.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Office/Desk Area
    I love building libraries, but I find all the rooms can be fun... well, except bathrooms. I like those small and out of the way.
  • Options
    NeenzNeenz Posts: 44 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    It was a difficult question 🙂 I had to answer kitchen/dining because irl I love to cook so it makes me happy. Next would have to be a study/library/living area.
  • Options
    gretchend417gretchend417 Posts: 41 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    I chose kitchens because I LOVE kitchen design.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2019
    Bedroom
    Bedrooms...

ocL2Erq.jpg

...definitely.

F9uBynb.jpg

UZBOhh9.png

@Flexono1, that room is spectacular.

Post edited by Cynna on
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Kitchen/Dining
    @Cynna These bedrooms are outstanding! They look like they were done by a professional interior decorator.
  • Options
    AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Other
    For me it’s anything outdoors....garden or patio - I even had my sims save up for the Penthouse because I miss having the outdoor area in the city.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2019
    Bedroom
    @Cynna These bedrooms are outstanding! They look like they were done by a professional interior decorator.

That's very kind of you to say. Thank you! <3

Edited to add: I really like your tip about the shelf on the wainscoting. I'll really have to try it sometime. :)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Other
    I’m a sucker for outdoor kitchen/patio spaces, Two level or multi level decks with or without pools
  • Options
    shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    Living Room/Den
    I really suck at decorating. I end up cramming everything I need into wherever it will fit. In the past I was always leery if driving the lot value up because of bills. I don’t like to use money cheats because I have in the past and the game got real boring really fast. My outside spaces end up looking like some kind of hillbilly sideshow with stuff strewn here and there. With the off the grid no bills thing I may start experimenting with actually designing a space how I would ideally want it to look.