Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Renato10 Im not a gay man, can you please elaborate on that? Because it doesnt make much sense. Like you're practically saying that most of the DLC and updates they release are supposed to appeal to the LGBT community and I dont see it

It was not me who stated this. They don't release things exclusively to lgbt. Its just that everything they do they try to be inclusive but at this point who cares? The Sims was always inclusive. I don't need a lot of rainbow objects or clothes to feel like the game is inclusive. Sometimes feels forced and belongs to much to the San Francisco, Californian "gay" culture if you know what I mean...
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to the end of this as well. The only thing I hope they do is fix everything before they abandon the game entirely, no more repeats of the disaster that the end of TS3 was.

As for comparison with all the games, I would also agree that TS4 isn't the next iteration that 1-3 was. To me it feels like it's own game revamped to get new players.

If they do make a sims 5 I hope the go back to their roots and stick to what everyone loved about the previous sims 1-3 games.

I wouldn't say Sims 3 was a disaster at the end. It works for me and now 6(?) years later here I am, still playing it. Still a lot I haven't done. I may even consider going back and playing Sims 2 again.

• Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I am looking forward to the end of this as well. The only thing I hope they do is fix everything before they abandon the game entirely, no more repeats of the disaster that the end of TS3 was.

As for comparison with all the games, I would also agree that TS4 isn't the next iteration that 1-3 was. To me it feels like it's own game revamped to get new players.

If they do make a sims 5 I hope the go back to their roots and stick to what everyone loved about the previous sims 1-3 games.

I wouldn't say Sims 3 was a disaster at the end. It works for me and now 6(?) years later here I am, still playing it. Still a lot I haven't done. I may even consider going back and playing Sims 2 again.

I'm really jealous that it does work for you because it crashes as soon as I load it up, which makes me really mad. Most people still complain about the bugs and glitches that make It crash.

I wish i could go back to sims two, I can't find the complete collection anywhere. it was my favorite sims game.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I'm really jealous that it does work for you because it crashes as soon as I load it up, which makes me really mad. Most people still complain about the bugs and glitches that make It crash.

I wish i could go back to sims two, I can't find the complete collection anywhere. it was my favorite sims game.
    The crashes I believe really come down to what computer you play the game on and how much CC you have. Sims 3 is not CC friendly, that's a fact. But even with CC (338 MB) I hardly have crashes. I do clean my cache files before playing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

The crashes I believe really come down to what computer you play the game on and how much CC you have. Sims 3 is not CC friendly, that's a fact. But even with CC (338 MB) I hardly have crashes. I do clean my cache files before playing.

I have no issues at all playing Sims 2, 3 or 4. No crashes - no problems. They all play nice. I run an 8 core 4.5 ghz gaming desktop pc we built for me a little over 2 years ago with 16 gigs of high speed gaming ram. I have put a lot of work into my Sims 3 game redoing most of the towns with routing issues and such - before Sims 4 came out - I don't use any mods or CC -I own all if Sims 2 and Sims 3 store as well as all packs - but yeah my games all play great. I honestly play Sims 4 the most though. I made a lot of my own Sims 2 worlds as well using Sim City 4 a long time ago and still use them. I generally play Sims 2 for multiple legacies and Uni... (I have Sims 1 - but not installed - just too old for me.)

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »

I have no issues at all playing Sims 2, 3 or 4. No crashes - no problems. They all play nice.
    Me neither. Sims 4 gave problems in the beginning, but that clearly came down to an insufficient video card.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited August 2019

I have no issues at all playing Sims 2, 3 or 4. No crashes - no problems. They all play nice. I run an 8 core 4.5 ghz gaming desktop pc we built for me a little over 2 years ago with 16 gigs of high speed gaming ram. I have put a lot of work into my Sims 3 game redoing most of the towns with routing issues and such - before Sims 4 came out - I don't use any mods or CC -I own all if Sims 2 and Sims 3 store as well as all packs - but yeah my games all play great. I honestly play Sims 4 the most though. I made a lot of my own Sims 2 worlds as well using Sim City 4 a long time ago and still use them. I generally play Sims 2 for multiple legacies and Uni... (I have Sims 1 - but not installed - just too old for me.)

The Sims series is the only PC game I play and I’ve always made sure the computer I have can run it. Right now I have a gaming rig, I am not very tech savvy so I googled top gaming rigs a couple years ago, picked the top one and told my local techie who owns a computer store to build it for me.

I’ve done the same with Sims 3 worlds but that’s part of the attraction of the game for me, being able to edit the towns, I am no good at building my own worlds with CAW. I loved those blank templates that Sims 2 had. I miss this with Sims 4 and it’s one of the main reasons I can’t get into it. And open world. Create-A-Style. Without those three I have no interest in 4.

Post edited by nickibitsward on
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Some people might be offended by this, but TS4 really seems to have become less of a life simulator, and more of an LGBT-panderer. And this is coming from a gay Simmer.

The Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 were all life simulators. You can set up your families, tell stories, but often something unexpected would come up that would muddle up your plans - a burglar, a fire, risky chance card results - which to me was symbolic of real life. You can make plans and have ideas as to what you want to do, but often something comes up that prevents that.

The Sims 4 doesn't feel like a life simulator to me at all, it's too happy, bad things never happen without direct player involvement, it tries so hard to be inoffensive and everything always goes right. That's not representative of anyone's life.

I also absolutely agree with your comment in regards to pandering as someone from the LGBT community as well. Putting the couple on the cover and then not actually having them in game with the backstory they're supposed to have is a pretty good example of that. They don't even come in the same file, you have to download them separately.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member

I use no CC and have more than what is required for the system requirements.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Renato10 Im not a gay man, can you please elaborate on that? Because it doesnt make much sense. Like you're practically saying that most of the DLC and updates they release are supposed to appeal to the LGBT community and I dont see it

I'm not sure about that, either. But the community has received more content than other players like family players etc. For instance, the gender patch but that was about three years ago, so the Pride stuff for free does't seem like that is more than anyone else got, however, they have stated they have colaborated with It Gets Better and there will be more DLC to come. So, it sort of looks like they care more about that group of players than maybe other players who probably wouldn't use the content. I'm not saying gay players aren't family players too, however EA hasn't made any deal with any family orginations to bring us more specific DLC geared toward family like I don't know, a generations pack or something that included proms, driving lessons, middle age crisis, etc. It just 'seems' like EA has chosen a group of players to bring them updates more than it has for any other type player because they have said this would continue. Such as maybe pronoun updates etc. I don't really know.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    My TS3 never crashed even on an old machine that barely was past the min. specs at the time. And I never had the Error 12 crash, either. In XP back in the day of it's release, it required Netframwork 4, some people didn't even have that installed and so did The Sims Medieval require that version. It's one reason many people's TSM crashed back in the day. That shouldn't be a problem anymore in 7 or 10. But I also knew my limitations with the machine I had back then, and it paid to turn down details to how far you could see and or how much detail on near by houses like instead of that setting being on 8 to set it back to 4. The problem with TS4 to me is (graphics) it doesn't matter if you have high or med or low settings, the look of something and or detail doesn't change, and I want things to look like it has more detail if stuff is set to high. But it doesn't matter in TS4 because it's all flat paint.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I'm really jealous that it [TS3] does work for you because it crashes as soon as I load it up, which makes me really mad. Most people still complain about the bugs and glitches that make It crash.

Define "most." Have you surveyed every single TS3 player? Go look at the extremely active and mostly positive TS3 threads in this forum. The "What happened in your Sims 3 game today?" thread has over 3600 posts, and is filled with fun comments and tons of awesome screenshots. It's a vibrant community.

edited August 2019
    Having just the right equipment is not always enough in this day and age. Knowing how to tweak the equipment you have and ways to over come game issues through your equipment is all about your equipment and not necessarily the games. I have proven that many times in Sims 2, 3 , and 4 ( and many, many other games as well) because I am computer savvy and programming savvy among other things. People complain of bugs I never get because I know how to configure my equipment and the games I play for my own equipment. Every pc is different and we are all playing the same game on computers that are not alike at all. That is why just having what is required will never be enough not to encounter problems in games that amazingly are not problems for every body. It takes learning how to really use your own pc 7 times out of 10 not to have most of the bugs you think you have when sometimes it is just a matter of retweaking your pc for that game.

I was not born with knowing this - I had to learn how to do it - anybody can if I can.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    ^ being good at programming or building PC's doesn't make you immune to bugs.

I'm sure even someone as skilled as yourself likely has some bugs in Sims 4. For example, the basement flooring bug that has existed since the June 21st patch. I hate this bug so much, I stopped playing since because it screws up most of my houses.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Basement-Split-Level-Rooms-Irremovable-Basement-Flooring/td-p/7956203

If you know how to fix this though, please post it in the link above, even the people at EA still have no idea how to fix it yet and its been well over a month.

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
    edited August 2019
    I don't make houses with basements often and never build split levels - so not something I have really encountered. Only a couple of my Vamp houses have basements and I honestly have not seen a problem in their basements. I read a few posting about the issues but so far have not encountered it.

Technically split level houses though have had a lot of issues with split levels walls and flooring long before Sims 4. The design itself is not really even supported in Sims 4 from what I can see before the ground manipulation tool was added anyway - so that in itself could be half the issue. It seems linked to that tool and not to basements per sec more than anything. That of course is just a quick guess - judging on the fact build mode does not truly support split levels.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Hestia wrote: »

If the game would constantly crash on me I’d have quit playing ages ago, I’m that impatient (certainly when the game still took 11 minutes to load on my old computer). Instead I’ve been an addict for more than nine years now. I have no idea what I do right but it isn’t magic I assure you.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Having just the right equipment is not always enough in this day and age. Knowing how to tweak the equipment you have and ways to over come game issues through your equipment is all about your equipment and not necessarily the games. I have proven that many times in Sims 2, 3 , and 4 ( and many, many other games as well) because I am computer savvy and programming savvy among other things. People complain of bugs I never get because I know how to configure my equipment and the games I play for my own equipment. Every pc is different and we are all playing the same game on computers that are not alike at all. That is why just having what is required will never be enough not to encounter problems in games that amazingly are not problems for every body. It takes learning how to really use your own pc 7 times out of 10 not to have most of the bugs you think you have when sometimes it is just a matter of retweaking your pc for that game.

I was not born with knowing this - I had to learn how to do it - anybody can if I can.
    I don’t use magic, I also am about as far as one can get from being a computer/programming savvy. All I’ve ever done is install the game and its packs and go. Ever since I use mods I clean the five cache files, looked up how to do that and it’s easy. That’s seriously it. Put the disk in and play.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019

If the game would constantly crash on me I’d have quit playing ages ago, I’m that impatient (certainly when the game still took 11 minutes to load on my old computer). Instead I’ve been an addict for more than nine years now. I have no idea what I do right but it isn’t magic I assure you.

I’ll mention this again: I placed “all lot types” in Sunset Valley so I don’t need to use the other provided worlds to enjoy the expansion pack I just installed. I also created diving lots in Sunset Valley.

- Townies and neighbors gather around Wilsonoff Theater for no reason. Causing empty community lots and houses.
    - The game moving out iconic families such as the Goths and including mine whom I’ve done a lot of progression on.
    - Due to me adding all those lot types in Sunset Valley, NPCs are considered a “Sim” and the game will begin culling randomly.
    - Maids, butlers and other service people are culled as well.
    - Insane lag when switching between households, day/night transitions and whenever anything spawns.

My specs are way higher than the requirements.

A big no thanks and rather play The Sims 2 over this hot mess...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited August 2019

I’ll mention this again: I placed “all lot types” in Sunset Valley so I don’t need to use the other provided worlds to enjoy the expansion pack I just installed. I also created diving lots in Sunset Valley.

- Townies and neighbors gather around Wilsonoff Theater for no reason. Causing empty community lots and houses.
    - The game moving out iconic families such as the Goths and including mine whom I’ve done a lot of progression on.
    - Due to me adding all those lot types in Sunset Valley, NPCs are considered a “Sim” and the game will begin culling randomly.
    - Maids, butlers and other service people are culled as well.
    - Insane lag when switching between households, day/night transitions and whenever anything spawns.

My specs are way higher than the requirements.

A big no thanks and rather play The Sims 2 over this hot mess...
    You’re totally free to play whatever you want to play, especially when you caused the hot mess yourself by overloading your game then, expecting things from it it cannot give and afaic doesn’t need to give. I’ve always managed to enjoy every pack I ever bought in every world I played in, both EP worlds and Store worlds.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2019
    Not all systems are equal regardless of what you have and they all act differently for various reasons. I have over 6 complete systems and I get different results on each of them and I have three 8 Core Systems with different specs other than the CPUs and I still get different results. Some people may try to use all the bells and whistles and the system may not react well to that and we all do not have the same set ups or configuations. It also can come down to how well EA/Maxis tweaks the program. I see Sims 4 is bugging out because EA/Maxis is creeping on the bug fixes and Sims 4 does not even have the most robust features and the bugs are impeding performance for some. Sims 4 runs well for some and not so well for others. Sims 3 runs well on my systems except IP which performance is hindered by developmental issues and I do not use mods but over all I still can play Sims 3 well beyond that.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Not all systems are equal regardless of what you have and they all act differently for various reasons. I have over 6 complete systems and I get different results on each of them and I have three 8 Core Systems with different specs other than the CPUs and I still get different results. Some people may try to use all the bells and whistles and the system may not react well to that and we all do not have the same set ups or configuations. It also can come down to how well EA/Maxis tweaks the program. I see Sims 4 is bugging out because EA/Maxis is creeping on the bug fixes and Sims 4 does not even have the most robust features and the bugs are impeding performance for some. Sims 4 runs well for some and not so well for others. Sims 3 runs well on my systems except IP which performance is hindered by developmental issues and I do not use mods but over all I still can play Sims 3 well beyond that.

I've only run Sims 4 on an i7 2600k, and also an i7 4770k, and didn't noticeable any fps difference between the two PC's despite being newer vs older architecture. I need to upgrade within a year or so anyways, i get a lot of low fps drops when i'm on ground level on certain lots with a building with a decent amount of items in it.

I was wondering if you get better FPS with your AMD 2700x or your 6700k? I would assume the intel 6700k is a bit faster? Or is AMD better with Sims 4?

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
    The only time I saw any real lag, freezing, stuttering, pausing in TS4 for the first three years was when I downloaded a restaurant from the gallery and it had two waiter stations and many tables. It was a great restaurant but it caused lag all over my game, it started to spread like butter. I eventually figured out it was that restuarant and removed it from the game and the bin. I have no idea why a lot would or could do that in TS4 since it isn't supposed to maintain left over data (like Sim data) in it, even if it was a played lot (I don't think it was a played lot) like TS2 could from a used lot that had been visited or played. But it was the reason I experienced real lag in my game.
  • Hestia wrote: »

Do you have windows 10? I had issues with Windows 10 shutting down my sims 2 and 3 with something called the data execution prevention or DEP. Here a site that can take you through the steps that helped me. And if your sims 2 is also crashing (mine would crash because of Windows 10 and my Nvidia graphics card) you can also use the same method for that. I hope it helps. I haven't had a crash with the game since I did that and I have some CC and use Nraas' mods.

http://simmetrydesign.forumotion.com/t90-is-your-sims-3-crashing-check-this
  • Cinebar wrote: »
    The only time I saw any real lag, freezing, stuttering, pausing in TS4 for the first three years was when I downloaded a restaurant from the gallery and it had two waiter stations and many tables. It was a great restaurant but it caused lag all over my game, it started to spread like butter. I eventually figured out it was that restuarant and removed it from the game and the bin. I have no idea why a lot would or could do that in TS4 since it isn't supposed to maintain left over data (like Sim data) in it, even if it was a played lot (I don't think it was a played lot) like TS2 could from a used lot that had been visited or played. But it was the reason I experienced real lag in my game.

Sorry to double post I don believe I can edit yet, but the gallery can be... Well it can cause issues in the game. Especially when simmers use MOO (move objects on). I remember downloading a few great builds, but would come across a lot of lag and issues because of how the builder used MOO. I have since taken all of gallery builds out of my save unless it's No MOO and any lag I had before with that lot is gone. I still have simulation lag but that's a whole different ball game lol
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Sorry to double post I don believe I can edit yet, but the gallery can be... Well it can cause issues in the game. Especially when simmers use MOO (move objects on). I remember downloading a few great builds, but would come across a lot of lag and issues because of how the builder used MOO. I have since taken all of gallery builds out of my save unless it's No MOO and any lag I had before with that lot is gone. I still have simulation lag but that's a whole different ball game lol

Yeah, most of the gallery house can be deceiving they look great but basically unplayable, I only resort on mts's house from now on. they still looks great but most importantly dont go crazy on moo and clutters.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top