Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Playing A Historical Save or Planning to?

13...Next

Comments

• CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    edited August 2019
    I've never played a historical save, and I don't have any plans to play a historical save
    I don't personally plan to do so because I feel it requires a lot of maintaining and downloading a lot of cc (I already have A LOT) and well. I'm lazy. Though I think it's a great idea and I love seeing screenshots of people who do. If anything, I'd be interested in playing around the Medieval Era, the Industrial Revolution and/or around 1930-1950.
    gGelhII.png
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I've never played a historical save, and I don't have any plans to play a historical save
    As many already sad.. Soon enough you will bump up against some issues with the sims 4 being very boxed.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't have any plans to play a historical save, but I have done so before and didn't like it
    I tried a decades challenge and a prehistoric save, but I quickly lost interest.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I'm playing a historical save now
    I don't personally plan to do so because I feel it requires a lot of maintaining and downloading a lot of cc (I already have A LOT) and well. I'm lazy. Though I think it's a great idea and I love seeing screenshots of people who do. If anything, I'd be interested in playing around the Medieval Era, the Industrial Revolution and/or around 1930-1950.

Those are interesting era choices. I keep seeing really cool cc from the 30s and 40s and would love to play that era while incorporating WWII into the game, but it would be too hard to maintain two complex historical saves.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    I’d really like to play a historical save but I don’t think I will until/unless a historical pack with historical world is introduced. There’s not enough clothes/things to do (for me) currently which would fit into a historical save (mostly because I avoid too many mods/CC). And there’s too much modernity intruding into all the worlds, be that townies in modern dress, mobile phones or just modern houses in the backdrop. But I love seeing what other simmers who are more creative and much more patient than I do with their historical saves.
  • petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    I'm not playing a historical save now, but I plan to soon
    I really, really want to try and start a historical save because it seems really fun and interesting to me but I wouldn't know how I'd be able to style everything; I ain't a really creative guy... :p
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I'm playing a historical save now
    petewentos wrote: »
    I really, really want to try and start a historical save because it seems really fun and interesting to me but I wouldn't know how I'd be able to style everything; I ain't a really creative guy... :p

Well, I'm a bit obsessive about having tons of cc and clutter and styling my rooms just right, but you don't have to play that way. (It's probably better if you don't, LOL.) There are a lot of nice lots available for download, especially Victorian homes if that's an era you're interested in. You can probably find some that are already decorated in a somewhat old style, or you could just do minimalistic decor so you don't have to spend more time than absolutely necessary on it.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com