Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do people know you play the sims?

123457...Next

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Hard to not know. I have so many cases they take up a few shelves on my bookcase.
  • HeathaHeatha Posts: 23 Member
    Other:
    My friends know I have been playing, however I do not post anything on social media (FB) regarding it. Haha so I guess that is half half!
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Simple yes or no options would have been fine. I don't think that anyone is ashamed of being a gamer anymore.

Sims 4 isn't the only game that I play on a regular basis. I've played an MMO for more than five years as part of a guild that includes family members and friends. I also play single player games on various systems. Several of my friends and relatives have been, and still are, gamers. We play all kinds of games, including Sims 4, and we even talk about them.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    My grandpa discovered I played sims when I was 12...though it was in the middle of me removing doors and pool ladders to see what would happen. Suffice to say the sims screaming and dying was quite an impression. :flushed:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Two out of three of my sisters play. My oldest sister and I play all the time and we talk about our families together and tell each other what happened in our game. my son will play here and there but not like me. I actually got two of my friends to start playing and they are hooked!
  • Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member
    No, I prefer to keep it a secret
    I don't tell anyone I play because my friends and acquaintances are old like me and most of them can barely use a computer. The few who know I play really don't understand my (many years) obsession with games and computer building. They think I'm weird. I think I was born too soon.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Family and some other people I told
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    Other:
    Monaveil wrote: »
    Simple yes or no options would have been fine. I don't think that anyone is ashamed of being a gamer anymore.

Sims 4 isn't the only game that I play on a regular basis. I've played an MMO for more than five years as part of a guild that includes family members and friends. I also play single player games on various systems. Several of my friends and relatives have been, and still are, gamers. We play all kinds of games, including Sims 4, and we even talk about them.
    It's not the gamer aspect that's concerning. It's that there are still people who unfairly categorise The Sims as a 'silly dollhouse game for little girls' and some of us just don't want to put up with that prejudice.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Other:
    I have two sets of people - those that game and know I game & play Sims, and those that don’t game who just don’t get it so the topic never comes up. I never keep it secret but I learnt a long time ago that trying to explain to that group why a grown woman games just gets lots of blank looks and kills conversation 😂
  • NeenzNeenz Posts: 44 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    I tell people at work. Some of them think I’m mad/sad but I’ve met some fellow simmers and gamers to while away my lunch break with 😁
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    My family knows I play TS4. But I used to be addicted to MMOs and that led me to ignoring my family. My mind was always in the game no matter where I was. I lost 5 years with my grandkids that way until my daughter threatened to stage an intervention. TS is much better. My mind is in the present all the time now.

But everyone knows I'm hooked on computer games. /shrug

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Other:
    It totally depends. I don't tell my coworkers that I play, nor my friends who aren't gamers. I suppose my parents know I play, or that I used to, because they're the ones who bought me 1, 2 & 3 when they came out.
    I have one close friend who has seen me play it before and another friend who has 2 & 4, but doesn't play anymore. I'm the only one I know who plays it often or has even played since 2014.
    I don't go asking around to see who plays or not. I guess I'm just used to getting the same responses like "what's that?" or "oh, I think I remember that game, it's on Facebook, right?"
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Other:
    Immediate family and very close friends know I play because I've gotten them to enjoy the game as well, but otherwise I don't advertise it. I also don't really talk to people except for family and friends I all ready have.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    I don't walk around throwing it out randomly but I don't hide it when people ask what kind of games I play. If they decide to judge me for what I chose to play they're not the kind of people I want to talk to anyway.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Other:
    I've mentioned it to a couple of people in passing sort of way, but I've never told anyone the extent I play the game - like how many hours, and how completely absorbed I get, and how I can escape the world, and basically how much I actually love playing it. Nope, no one knows that :#
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Lol my legacy sims is even my avatar on my work’s intranet..every circle of mine in all sectors of life know I proudly play and love the sims
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    No, I prefer to keep it a secret
    Quite frankly it's none of their business, just as what they do is none of mine.
  • zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    I never really post about it on my social medias, but all my close friends know about it to the point where if I don't answer the group chat, they'll be like "____ is probably playing the sims right now" lmao
  • Melusine377Melusine377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    I am proud to be a simmer! My parents bought sims games for both me and my sister (and I'm quite a bit older than she is!!) I have a friend at work and we constantly converse on our latest families and new things arriving in the sim world. Yes our colleagues are often confused but also supportive. I take holiday from work when a new EP comes out, and when I book time off the first thing they ask is 'oh, new sims thing? Have fun!'. I have met some wonderful people over the years, just from this community, who I am now proud to call my friends. I have learnt that people in my life don't care if a play PC games or go to conventions. They just care that I am happy. I guess I am lucky to be surrounded by the people I am xx
    kMRXphO.gif
  • ShiroLillyShiroLilly Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Yea, I'm not afraid to tell anyone I play the game. A lot of co-workers at work actually play the game and they helped me a lot choosing what packs to buy first and understanding the game. With them, Sims 4 has become my favorite game to play and it was nice to know others played it as well.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Yes! Sometimes I even send them some funny or pretty screenshots. lol
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    I have been teased for playing the Sims, but I am pretty good at teasing back, and don't really mind. Mostly the friends of mine who know I play the Sims are the ones who like games, because I find that if you are not a gamer, you don't want to talk about games. Playing the Sims is fun, so I play it.