Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"React in Disgust" is out of hand.

Spar XSpar X Posts: 35 Member
My Sim constantly performs the React in Disgust animation, which in turn lowers the friendship bar to a point that I have to stay away from other sims in order to preserve the friendship bar.
My Sims a Proper Celebrity & a Vampire. I first thought that being a vampire (does NOT have the uncontrollable hissing weakness) is causing that but then I read up on this and it turns out it's because he's a celebrity but I'm not sure why exactly.

I wanna know why my Sim is constantly Reacting in Disgust & Is there a away to reduce it or even stop it for good?

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    This was driving me up the walls as well, when my 3 star+ celebs reacted with disgust to their loved ones, family and friends. There is a mod for it on MTS, but I'm not sure it works with the current game version. I've not tested it yet.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    They had fixed it previously, but I've noticed in another new game that it seems to be back
  • Spar XSpar X Posts: 35 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    This was driving me up the walls as well, when my 3 star+ celebs reacted with disgust to their loved ones, family and friends. There is a mod for it on MTS, but I'm not sure it works with the current game version. I've not tested it yet.

I've tried quite a few mods trying to fix this but all of them are outdated atm
  • AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have the same issue in my game as well. I've never noticed it affecting relationships but that's because I've never been on alert to pay attention to it. I mainly just find it incredibly annoying but now you have me wondering if it's actually a cause for concern. :(

*ETA that my sim is also a celeb and a reformed vampire, as someone else mentioned above. I always assumed this was an ex-vampire thing, like where occasionally they still do that throw-up-in-their-mouth-behind-their-hand thing around human food even though they're no longer vamps. (Which is equally annoying.) But maybe it's not?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Spar X wrote: »

Have you tried this one? Seems to work for me: https://simsmodelsimmer.tumblr.com/post/180199507921/no-react-in-disgust-mod-for-the-sims-4-get
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited July 2019
    That's sad. My sim does that too but most of the time, I don't even know what he's reacting to, cuz he could just be alone in a room and still does that. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    At least it only happens to celebs, whom I rarely have the patience to make :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    The animation is funny af tbh
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    My Sim constantly performs the React in Disgust animation, which in turn lowers the friendship bar to a point that I have to stay away from other sims in order to preserve the friendship bar.
    My Sims a Proper Celebrity & a Vampire. I first thought that being a vampire (does NOT have the uncontrollable hissing weakness) is causing that but then I read up on this and it turns out it's because he's a celebrity but I'm not sure why exactly.

I wanna know why my Sim is constantly Reacting in Disgust & Is there a away to reduce it or even stop it for good?

Wasn't this suppose to have been fixed in a patch?

Wasn't this suppose to have been fixed in a patch?

They rarely fix any bugs in patches. Or when it's fixed, it comes back again.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Scam by scumbumbo

http://modthesims.info/d/602837/self-configurable-autonomy-mod-scamv6.html

Search for the interaction and disable the autonomy for it.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    My human celebrity does it.

I don't understand what it's for. I mean, if it was working properly what are they supposed to be disgusted at?

I don't understand what it's for. I mean, if it was working properly what are they supposed to be disgusted at?

From what I can tell from the animation itself I think it's supposed to only work on celeb with no touch quirk imo, it's like they disgusted at fans who constantly bothering them hence the hand gesture and "sul sul" words uttered.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited July 2019
    logion wrote: »

Have you tried this one? Seems to work for me: https://simsmodelsimmer.tumblr.com/post/180199507921/no-react-in-disgust-mod-for-the-sims-4-get

One of the mods that I tried, It doesn't work for me

They are disgusted at other sims, be it family, friends or total strangers. Every time they walk into a room with other sims in it, or a sim is walking into a room they are in, they will get the "React in disgust" in their action queue. I usually manage to cancel it, so haven't actually seen the reaction animation. Or they are just busy doing something so the animation won't play. I don't know if its because of the fame level or reputation. Or even both.

I don't know if its the same animation as the No Touching quirk, that's more like an angry reaction as far as I've seen, stomping their foot and moving their arms like they're annoyed. Sorry I'm not very good at explaining things in english. I can picture the animation in my head, but can't find the words. :#
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    For sure. I thought they’d fixed it but apparently not. My celebrity sims do it whenever they see any other sim, including family members.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Yeah I’ve noticed my sims doing the same thing, but I cant figure out what they could be possibly be “reacting in disgust” with...it’s very random.
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Scam by scumbumbo

http://modthesims.info/d/602837/self-configurable-autonomy-mod-scamv6.html

Search for the interaction and disable the autonomy for it.

Perfect! I just disabled the autonomous "React in Disgust" action and voila!
    Exactly what I needed, Thanks Sili!

(Sidenote: They must fix this at least to a point where the action makes some sense when the sim is doing it)
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I thought this had been fixed :/
    I thought this had been fixed :/

Its not happening AS OFTEN as it used to. But yeah, celebs are still reacting to their closest family and friends. Which is quite ridicilous. Its why I haven't really played any of my celebs since IL was released.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I can see this happening, since we see this in real life all the time. People treat others with contempt and/or disgust based on many things without ever knowing them at all..
    Lquinn wrote: »
    I can see this happening, since we see this in real life all the time. People treat others with contempt and/or disgust based on many things without ever knowing them at all..

The problem is that sometimes the sims do it randomly and not really at any other sims at all.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Lquinn wrote: »

The problem is that sometimes the sims do it randomly and not really at any other sims at all.

To add insult to an injury, the sims do it to their closefriends and family as well, also it looks like no touching doesnt make exception to this.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    This only happens in my game, when I have cc pants or tops (less often) that used a nude mesh. So it's a good thing I prefer to use mostly official in game Maxis made stuff and only a small amount of cc :)
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
    logion wrote: »

Thank you so much for this link. I've tried it out a couple of sim weeks, and my 4-star celeb hasn't tried to react even once. I kind of expected him to at least react to his roomie, who didn't have any fame stars, and even has a bad reputation (working on it, takes time that one). But no, not even once! I even took them out to a bar, and it was really nice not having to cancel those reactions all the time! I'm very relieved that I can finally play my other celeb sims/saves without the aggrivation :)