Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guest Won't Show Up To Party - Island Living Issue?

Alli-beagleAlli-beagle Posts: 111 Member
I just downloaded Island Living Today and was trying to throw my Sims a destination wedding. But everytime I try all the guests show up (not in the proper attire) and then they disappear! I tried to throw a house party earlier and the sims didn't show up at all (I didn't try this twice though). 
I didn't have this problem before and tried repairing my game too.
I know this isn't the proper place to post this but I find the new technical help section really hard to use and stupid so I thought I'd post here as well.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    This is something that EA has done deliberately to Sulani. With that being said, there is a mod that overrides this.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412067973/random-bug-fixes-a-collection-of-random-small-bug
    The one you'll want to look for is called Let Other Sims visit Sulani Fix.
  • Options
    Alli-beagleAlli-beagle Posts: 111 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    This is something that EA has done deliberately to Sulani. With that being said, there is a mod that overrides this.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412067973/random-bug-fixes-a-collection-of-random-small-bug
    The one you'll want to look for is called Let Other Sims visit Sulani Fix.

Cool, thank you so much. I wonder why they would make it like that?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2019
    They were trying to make Sulani an isolated world because there have been quite a few people on this forum who wanted that. Personally, I love how easy it is to go from one town to another in this game.

In Sims 2 it was impossible to live in one town, and visit or move to another, and would lead to some serious issues if one tried. Eventually, someone came out with a mod to make it possible. Sims 3 was almost the same way, but with that game, you could save your sim or family to the bin, and move them that way, but all relationships were lost. Eventually, someone came out with a mod as well to make the worlds connected.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have read about this, but strangely I have no problem letting Sims from other areas visit Sulani. It's really strange!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    .... Wow..

If I want to throw a party and invite people, duh.... I want those guests to show up. I understand not having a bunch of random sims walking around the island i guess. But what is the point of throwing a social event on Sulani if noone shows up!?! Maxis missed the mark here, sorry. I just moved my sim out of Sulani because I wanted her to be a partier, she has the party aspiration, and noone ever showed up! This is, in my opinion, a pretty big downfall of Sulani.

Maxis, change this idiocracy.