Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small things that annoy you about the sims 4.

2...Next

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    -Washing Dishes Where They Angry Poop
    -Spending All Time On Computers
    -Not Listening To Me
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited July 2019
    There are many, but one that occurred to last night is the karaoke venue with more than one karaoke machine.

When more than one karaoke is going on at once it is audio hell. Who thought that was a good idea? :lol:

Another is the idle animations. It really grates on my nerves when they stand there, grin and go "Heeeeh" as if they're hallucinating.
    giphy.gif
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    There are many, but one that occurred to last night is the karaoke venue with more than one karaoke machine.

When more than one karaoke is going on at once it is audio hell. Who thought that was a good idea? :lol:

Another is the idle animations. It really grates on my nerves when they stand there, grin and go "Heeeeh" as if they're hallucinating.

Karaoke is super annoying in the game. It's also extremely loud. I now replace both karaoke bars when I start a new game with a nightclub and a cafe. I also replace the karaoke machine at the Stargazer Lounge with a piano.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Karaoke is super annoying in the game. It's also extremely loud. I now replace both karaoke bars when I start a new game with a nightclub and a cafe. I also replace the karaoke machine at the Stargazer Lounge with a piano.

I love watching my sims on the Karaoke. :D
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Arzekial wrote: »

I love watching my sims on the Karaoke. :D

Lol I do too. I just hate hearing two or more at once :lol:

Another one (and a classic) - guests using your computer. I wish our Sims could lock them with a password or something.

Also the constant dancing.
    giphy.gif
  • Mlee0332Mlee0332 Posts: 46 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Canceling out actions I put in the que

Maxis/EA Please fix this. This is very irritating. I have to constantly add the same action to the queue up to 3 and 4 times to get something done. Has been an issue since the game's launch and never gets addressed.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I really get annoyed by how few surfaces we can place objects on. And then if I use the moveobjects cheat they produce pathing errors so that’s not an option either.
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    They are endless:

1. The cowplant and its weak behind survivability
    2. Parents sleeping through their newborn crying... IN THEIR OWN ROOM. Like how and why
    3. Toddlers getting hungry about 5 times a day (exaggeration but it feels like I feed them so much a day)
    4. The clay mold and its hypnotizing ability to make sims obssessed over it.
    5. My sims now many times wait until their bladder is orange or red to try and pee.... yeaah
    6. Visitors only using me for my desktop and not to get to know my sims
    7. Kids getting homework as soon as they age up. No excusses, mister.
    8. The chance cards... Need I say more?Some of them are fine.. Sims should be about choice not force. And chance cards should be optional. Esp since many of them go against the personality of my sim, and some punish my sim for doing the right thing.
    9. Whims kill the vibe when you get irrelevant or repetitive ones for that sim.
    10. Please stop taking slices of the birthday cake before the birthday sim blows them out. Having triplets is the worst for many reasons. If you want to age them all up around the same time. Dont have other sims but the one helping to blow out the candles around... it took me 3 cakes to UNsuccessfully age them up within the SAME day :| . Never again
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited July 2019
    Get comfortable 'cause this is going to be long:
    - Bad conversation dropping, this makes hard to make enemies
    - npc sims intruding into conversations out of the blue
    - sims leaving conversations because suddenly embarrassed they prefer to talk to the mirror
    - visitors grabbing food from the fridge, and using stuff they shouldn't like computers or instruments
    - using instruments even though they don't have skills or the music lover trait, by the way
    - the obsession with two things: computers and chess tables
    - autonomously put away pet toys
    - neighbors coming into the apartment without invite in San myshuno, even without the goofball or the erratic traits
    - too many notifications
    - too many calls from strangers
    - the recent introduction of the friendly fire fighters
    - jealousy when someone else flirt with the spouse even though the spouse refuses the flirts
    - autonomously reading and leaving the books all over the place, especially from guests. I don't understand why when I'm at the park minding my own business everyone and their grandparents have to bug my sims, but when a guest come to visit suddenly socialize is not a priority, they prefer watching TV, using the PC, raid the fridge and take out all the books from the bookcase.
    - the greetings GT introduced
    - children making messes everywhere and I can't tell them to stop

I forgot the worst of them all: the idle animations.

There are more...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    About those friendly firefighters in Sulani mentioned in above post. Why can't we have the approximation of those in other worlds as well. Just one Sim in a house and fire out of control so I had to wait until a fire went all around the garden fence before it burnt itself out. What about several NPCs helping out instead of mooching around the property? Bring back the Firemen and firefighters Maxis.
    Simburian wrote: »
    About those friendly firefighters in Sulani mentioned in above post. Why can't we have the approximation of those in other worlds as well. Just one Sim in a house and fire out of control so I had to wait until a fire went all around the garden fence before it burnt itself out. What about several NPCs helping out instead of mooching around the property? Bring back the Firemen and firefighters Maxis.

The friendly firefighters don't put out fires anyway... They just grab popcorns and dance while watching your house burn.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Putting instrument on the ground, and when playing the instrument out of your house the dropped instrument become "you dont have this item"
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    - not taking the closest option available, ie. they walk through the house to wash dishes when there is a sink in the room they are at, go to the furthest bathroom available in a house with several of them etc.
    - sims randomly waking up in the middle of the night
    - sims joining conversations and not being able to tell them to go away. Especially when I'm on a date but can't even flirt etc. because my date is uncomfortable doing that in front of other people. Who will not go away.
    - doing everything except eating when I tell them to. Like hugging, walking around aimlessly with the plate etc.
    - this may not be so small but broken butlers. For example mine won't garden no matter what. Lots of other stuff he won't do either, like pick up dog hair from the floors. I really think he should...
    - Or the roombas could clean the hair too. But nope.
    - the speed-up thingie or I don't know what it's called not working
    - I used to be annoyed at the constant water drinking and snow shoveling but then got a mod to stop that. You do not need to go to the other end of the world to shovel snow, thanks.
  • PlainConeyPlainConey Posts: 40 Member
    panic, but post-fire instead of pre-parental. Stop beetchin Karen and grab an extinguisher while you run across the dang mansion. STOP RUNNING. Your brother is severely burned and you still expect him to extinguish the fire???
    tumblr_pveqn05fFL1u5990do1_r7_1280.png
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    - Sims canceling actions I just set them.
    - Leaving dirty plates and glasses on the floor, table, half wall or kitchen surface.
    - Dropping trash on the floor and then complaining about the mess. :D
    - Children and toddler paint mess everywhere. This is my biggest annoyance in the Sims 4. I hate it with a passion.
    - Female sims sitting in unflattering positions while wearing skirts. Please close legs. :D
    - Foreign unpronounceable townie names everywhere.
    - Hideous townie outfits everywhere.
    - Being able to only walk one pet at a time.
    - The ugly as hell pregnancy walk. Pregnant women don't walk this way ever in real life.

There's probably more things that annoy me but these are the ones that instantly pop up in my mind.

Bolding by me. Isn't there some way to stop this? Like enough Manners or Responsibility? Or Mental skill, or... something? Because toddlers sleep better after a certain amount of skill in thinking and throw less tantrums/defy less often.
    I've had sim kids have all their manners and other things all the way green and still go make a mess, even angelic toddlers, kinda how you can have an older sim that has good trait and not any mischief skill and autonomously goes to troll the forums on their own, a good SIM would not do that
  • lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    never changing out of their outer closing when coming inside- in Sims 3 that was done automatically. Its a real pain with a large family.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I have so many things that annoy me about TS4 lol.

Sinks - Why oh why can't we label a sink as the kitchen sink? We can choose which door is the front door.

Base Game features that aren't updated with DLC features.

EP Features that are not updated with newer DLC features.

Broken Features - too many to list but sitting and watching TV, Outdoors Outfits not being changed when going indoors. Moodlets causing delays when arriving home or while sleeping and not waking up.

MOAR Traditions and Club Rules and Icons

Whims
    And just to end it off not really being able to do what I want and play my way because of design choices.

I love you TS4 I really do, I spent so much money this year catching up on the DLC. I just wish you were a little better sometimes. 💚
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Small thing is a understatement :#

I hate that annoying interactions when A sim insults another by pointing fingers and putting hands of there hips.
    I hate when a male sim does it.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I really get annoyed by how few surfaces we can place objects on. And then if I use the moveobjects cheat they produce pathing errors so that’s not an option either.

There was a mod to add more items to tables and shelves etc etc.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

The plum umbrella.

That they have always to sit down when talking.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    There's a lot.....

Pets ALWAYS being sick when you rotate back to a household that has them. (it's almost enough for me just to remove them all from the game)

The awful festival outfits that the sims end up getting....

The umbrella for seasons. Walk a step, open it, walk a step, close it, walk a step open it, walk a step close it, walk a step open it, walk a step close it, walk a step open it, walk a step close it, walk a step open it, walk a step close it....ad infinitum.

Not to mention the fact that strangers are running a store/restaurant one of my sims owns and staffed when I visit it...

The stupid smirk face sims have when they are sitting.

Why don't coolers hold food or fish?

Gimme time. I'm sure there's a ton more. I haven't played for a bit.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    When I invite a Sim over

*talks for 5 sim minutes*

“okay, I gotta get going. Bye now!”

Omg
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    The freaking screenshot system.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!