Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Owning multiple homes

13...Next

Comments

• angellouise0715angellouise0715 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love to own multiple homes! I love my sims living in tiny homes because they can use the full length (almost) of the yard for other things. But I would love for them to own a second home that is large and grand for get togethers or other social occasions. Another thing that I miss from Sims 3 besides owning multiple homes is to be able to buy outright or but shares in a company. For instance, you could purchase shares from the hospital and eventually, you'd own the entire hospital. I would love to have this feature back as well.
  • meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    Is there still no way to own a 2nd residential home? Can they not own a Vacation home?
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    i think its kind of a must, now that we have multiple destination worlds. I'd also like to vacation in Sulani. Just imagine a summer break (with seasons obviously) in this location.

-Yarden.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I would also like this as well.
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I would like the ability to own a vacation home in Sulani without moving sims in and out to vacation there. I don't want to permanently move them there. Another option would be to have rentals and hotels on all worlds. They could include a rental option in lot type. All of the ideas listed above to get around this are good ideas that I use in my game occasionally, but the lot doesn't function as rental.
  • fireflyfreefireflyfree Posts: 5 New Member
    I found this post by searching for how to buy a 2nd home in Sims 4, as they did in Sims 3. I am out of room in my town, as the family's kids all got married and moved into homes and had their own families. Well, I have twin grown boys who met twin ladies (I created the ladies), and in the same home and with kids now. The one twin, Charles, met a gf, and they have 1 available lot left, as their love nest, but would like her to move into it, but how? I can't get her to move in first, the wife will get very upset, and the family also already has 8 ppl in it.
    Also, there must be an option to have more than 8 people in a family?
  • fireflyfreefireflyfree Posts: 5 New Member
    I tried to find a way to edit my comment above, but couldnt. I also wanted to mention, that the lady he is seeing at the love nest, he just visits there, and asks her to come along, But now she has his kid, and pregnant with his 2nd, and have no way to figure out how to get her to move into it.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    The only workaround at the moment is setting your desired second lot to retail, place cash register somewhere on the lot. Decorate it for home living and then you can "own" multiple home lots.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I also want this in game. Hopefully they will add this at some point.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    The only workaround at the moment is setting your desired second lot to retail, place cash register somewhere on the lot. Decorate it for home living and then you can "own" multiple home lots.

When I do this I put the cash register in a tiny basement so it's out of site.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • PeonymoonPeonymoon Posts: 17 Member
    This would be great idea!
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    I came here wondering about buying second home as well. I like the idea of a hidden cash register. But also there are a bunch of "work from home" builds on youtube etc. Basically buy a retail lot, and put a small coffee shop or something on the main floor. Second and third floor make your house with the main door in the back of the building and locked. You get the income from the coffee shop plus a snazzy new home.
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    Another thing on the list of things you can do in older games but not TS4. Sigh.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • pinot_grigiopinot_grigio Posts: 91 Member
    Yes, especially for story writing, it would be so handy to be able to own multiple lots!! Right now, I have a random sim that I just leave behind so that I don't lose the home, and the main sims just move back and forth between homes...
    49886159581_8ebc2b57a8_h.jpg
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Wow I’m glad to see this thread pop up again. I still would love this feature, rather than a work around with retail lots. All my sims don’t own business but are wealthy and a second or even third home would be great.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Old old old old ollllllld thread, but yes, I'd love to see something like this.

At the very least, I'd like to be a real estate agent and sell unowned houses to other Sims for a tidy profit.
    Would make a great Freelancer career. Visit an unowned house, drag a "for sale" sign out of your inventory, and watch the interested buyers roll in.
    wJbomAo.png