Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I've started a Reading Circle for paranormal/supernatural romance stories.
    Paranormal Paramours- A Reading Circle
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Played around in my Home for the Holidays (H4TH) save tonight. Feeling a little Christmas in summertime! :) I encountered many lovely submitted Sims including @SoulGal7's Kris Jingle, @divanthesimmer's Blaise Winter, Gracie Goode, Stacy Strongarm, Holly Claus, @Shadami's Sasha Pierce, and @VanPelt81's Christian Holiday III. It was fun to see the Sims you've all submitted so long ago. I promise I'll actually get around to adding more chapters soon. Playing with the Bright sisters in Sulani got me interested in playing this save again. Hope you're all having a lovely Time Zones wherever you are!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    woohoo going to Germany in October!!

Where to? If you happen to be around Leipzig, drop me a note!
  • SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Good timezones, everyone! Today, I have the next part of the cliackbait-y chapter I posted about a week ago. I ain't gonna do that whole ordeal again, so, just enjoy more of the one, and only, Lili Lulu Lala! :p And for those who didn't read the first post, this title (and teaser) is intentionally an exaggerated clickbait. ;)

V0LelVC.png
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Played around in my Home for the Holidays (H4TH) save tonight. Feeling a little Christmas in summertime! :) I encountered many lovely submitted Sims including @SoulGal7's Kris Jingle, @divanthesimmer's Blaise Winter, Gracie Goode, Stacy Strongarm, Holly Claus, @Shadami's Sasha Pierce, and @VanPelt81's Christian Holiday III. It was fun to see the Sims you've all submitted so long ago. I promise I'll actually get around to adding more chapters soon. Playing with the Bright sisters in Sulani got me interested in playing this save again. Hope you're all having a lovely Time Zones wherever you are!

I'm glad you're enjoying playing with my Sims. I'm looking forward to more H4TH chapters! Hope you have a great day, too. :)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited July 2019
    woohoo going to Germany in October!!

Where to? If you happen to be around Leipzig, drop me a note!

that will be at the end of day 6 out of the 11 days (12 day is depature day)

@DeiraShadeweaver

Day 1: Arrive in Frankfurt
    Day 2: Rhine River Cruise, Cologne, Rhineland
    Day 3: Rhineland-Hamelin (of the Pied Piper story)-to Hamburg
    Day 4: Hamburg Lubeck-Berlin
    Day 5: Berlin
    Day 6: Berlin-Dresden-Leipzig
    Day 7: leave from Leipzig-Weimar-Corburg-Numberberg-sp?
    Day8: Numberberg-Rothenburg-Munich
    Day 9: Munich
    Day 10 Neuschwanstein to visit "Disney castle" (otherwise, I mean that castle inspired Sleeping Beauty castle in California's Disneyland) and the black forest area
    Day 11: from the Black Forest area-Hediburg-back to Frankfurt
    Day 12-day of depature have a breakfast and I guess go back to the airport?

only 5 of the 12 days have suppers and we don't know which days those will be. Also our hotels are out of the cities' centre so finding something to eat on the none-supper days might be a bit of a challenge (but Dad says if we're able to find food in the backroads of Ireland we probably can found something in Germany)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Hey folks! I'm doing good so far, around 7 weeks left until the end of my pregnancy.

I'm playing my drifter challenge, currently halfway through house 3.

I might have a bit of money this month. What should I get, strangerville or island living?

Oh my goodness. XD our pregnancies are super close! I'm 34 weeks right now. :) Roughly 6 weeks left xD

I feel like I started a drifter challenge and didn't get very far. It looks like fun. And I'm personally planning to get island living as a very late birthday present for myself when I get money, so that would be my suggestion.
    I did get Strangerville on sale though and it's pretty interesting. :)
  • PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
    Hello all! Still around! I had a long break from my blog, but I have a new chapter up. I wrote myself in a direction I wasn't quite sure how to write, so I had to go back and re-think. Perhaps I'll explore the theme deeper later, but my family got some much needed fun time :smiley:

https://greenwoodestate.home.blog/2019/07/31/chapter-10-family-fun/
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Posting JUST IN CASE any of you are interested.

We are all having lots of fun AND as an added benefit gaining new readers and meeting new scribblers (enjoying their stories too)

(As always - translation is available on the blog)

We still have just over 10 hours to close July's challenge.

Wrap up & vote is out tomorrow am.

Thought you all might want an early peek at the August theme.

We should get some funny stuff off this one!

I hope some of you new folks hop in & give it a shot!

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge: August 2019 Theme

nLQsVri.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Remember the history question I asked a week or two ago? what I actually meant because of how the challenge is laid out, how do you go from presumably people more or less being "equal" in prehistory era to poof! suddenly having people not be equal in Egypt/Roman and beyond?

Since you will have to mention either an Emperor or a Pharaoh, and later Kings, etc. Let's not forget in I think in Victorian times we have the middle class as well.

6adMCGP.gif
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Remember the history question I asked a week or two ago? what I actually meant because of how the challenge is laid out, how do you go from presumably people more or less being "equal" in prehistory era to poof! suddenly having people not be equal in Egypt/Roman and beyond?

Since you will have to mention either an Emperor or a Pharaoh, and later Kings, etc. Let's not forget in I think in Victorian times we have the middle class as well.

Agriculture had a role in it since more and more people then own land for food. This made the land owner become higher in the "food chain". They also made inheritance law to make sure the land goes to the family.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    AkramA wrote: »

Agriculture had a role in it since more and more people then own land for food. This made the land owner become higher in the "food chain". They also made inheritance law to make sure the land goes to the family.

@AkramA thank you for that information that doesn't really answer the question I need and I'm kind of really bad at explaining what I really want to ask. How do you go from tribes for instance who you assume are all equal to having nobility/royalty as well as the "poorer" classes in the history challenge? Because in the history challenge (either the old or the revised versions) there's no guidelines about different "classes" so that will confuse me abit since depending on if you do either Egypt or Rome for "Early Civilisation" you're going to have to mention (even if he isn't shown) the Pharaoh or the Emperor as a "lesser" class then royalty.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited August 2019
    @MadameLee
    I just saw History challenge rule and I think knowing how fast everything is I think you can just say that something happen that give power to the different class of people. It's definitely hard to explain the situation since everything had to happen in one generation and there's a lot happening in that one generation. This probably won't answer your question, I still don't have many context hehe.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    edited August 2019
    Hey everyone! I would appreciate it if you read all the stories submitted for the Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge and vote for mine if it was one of your favourites: https://lisabeesims.com/2019/08/01/monthly-simlit-short-story-challenge-july-2019-submissions-vote/
    phULnBI.png

I'm glad you're enjoying playing with my Sims. I'm looking forward to more H4TH chapters! Hope you have a great day, too. :)

@divanthesimmer I think I'll have a H4TH chapter soonish.

Hey is your profile pic in Brindleton Bay? I've been playing around in a BB save too, making the town appear more timeworn and industrial, but I'm loving the results, plus adding lots of interesting Sim creations to replace townies. It's a beautiful world, probably my second fave next to Windenburg, though Sulani is giving those two a run for their money. It's a close third.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I meant to continue posting short stories for your challenge lisabee. Sorry I haven't been xD

Hey is your profile pic in Brindleton Bay? I've been playing around in a BB save too, making the town appear more timeworn and industrial, but I'm loving the results, plus adding lots of interesting Sim creations to replace townies. It's a beautiful world, probably my second fave next to Windenburg, though Sulani is giving those two a run for their money. It's a close third.

Yes, it was taken in Brindleton Bay. I really love that town, too. Sulani is definitely my favourite, second is Windenburg and third Brindleton Bay. I think I'll take a selfie in Sulani once IL is installed. But first, I'll create Leilani and Afu! :D
    phULnBI.png
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hello. Here's a new chapter for Forget-Me-Not

Chapter 43: Cells, Space, Love and Friends
    iOp5NwR.jpg

Sage runs away from his mother's wedding preparations to spend time with friends and ponder plant cells.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm lurking. eso unistalled itself last night so im reinstalling
    edited August 2019
    in late Sept I'm going to be doing an "Intro to Sign language" at (day-program). @pronterus one of the facts I'm going to mention is the Ice Cream place in I think the Philippines which employees deaf people and have communication guide.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited August 2019
    If you are interested in seeing what your fellow simlit scribblers are up to the monthly simlit short story challenge .. some sweet tales there <3

July 2019 submissions:

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge: July 2019 Submissions & Vote

eVf4y7I.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Hey Writer's Lounge Peeps,
    Updates from me this week include a ghostly encounter and celebrity appearances in Sulani. :wink:

First, KCLKF updates:
    headahces-and-hiccups.jpg
    1.90 Pressure Points
    1.91 Potential Complications
    1.92, Pt. 1: Phantom's Warning

And B&B announcements (that's my Bachelor/Bachelorette Challenge)... a few celebrity sightings in Sulani! See celebrity crew members here.
    ygPTnJz.png One such celeb... hint... he made an appearance in my Christmas short last year!

Enjoy!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Yes, it was taken in Brindleton Bay. I really love that town, too. Sulani is definitely my favourite, second is Windenburg and third Brindleton Bay. I think I'll take a selfie in Sulani once IL is installed. But first, I'll create Leilani and Afu! :D

Cool! I find Windenburg and Brindleton Bay to be the most dynamic worlds in TS4 thus far, but I'm really enjoying Sulani. I'm so glad they gave us more lots this time. I was a bit disappointed we didn't have more in Strangerville or Forgotten Hollow (but that's where I need to get creative in order to compensate). :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top