Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone tell me the mod that allows more than 8 Sims in a household?

I have an idea for a new story/household. I always shied away from this mod because I heard if you use the mirror to go into CAS and edit a sim you're controlling, the other sims in the household get removed and things of that nature.

I don't want that to happen. Has that part of the mod been fixed yet? Are you able to edit sims without them being removed from the household afterwards because it's more than 8?

Also, how small are the player icons in the bottom left corner when you go over 8?

I have MCCC installed but not all the modules. Is there an option to enable it within this mod and if so, what's the name of that module?

Thanks!

Comments

• LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited February 2018
    It's from the base module so you don't need any extra modules, under MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Maximum household size
    And there's an option to only take one sim at a time into CAS so you won't lose your other family members.
    I think the ability to have larger households got broken after the Cats and Dogs patch though, and your game will crash if you have more than 8 sims in a household. I'm hoping it will be fixed because I have so many stories planned where I need to have larger households.

The icons will start another row after a certain number of sims, so you will have two rows of your sims portraits
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    if you go to a computer and click the mccc, go to mccc settings go to game play settings and go to maxium household settings. you can only go up to 25 sims tho
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It's from the base module so you don't need any extra modules, under MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Maximum household size
    And there's an option to only take one sim at a time into CAS so you won't lose your other family members.
    I think the ability to have larger households got broken after the Cats and Dogs patch though, and your game will crash if you have more than 8 sims in a household. I'm hoping it will be fixed because I have so many stories planned where I need to have larger households.

The icons will start another row after a certain number of sims, so you will have two rows of your sims portraits
    if you go to a computer and click the mccc, go to mccc settings go to game play settings and go to maxium household settings. you can only go up to 25 sims tho

Awesome! Thank you both. I'll check it out and see if it crashes for me too after I adjust the settings. Tbh I don't even have a household that size yet but I'm just thinking ahead. :)
  • WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    edited February 2018
    Can confirm even with mccc if you go over 8+ it will start crashing like crazy. I have a house with about 15 now, 4 are pets, I can't even save the game anymore. I miss the days when having large households with mods actually worked...

They need to patch for this, if we want larger households and our pc can manage it we should be able to have the option in mods. The save function needs to not fail because mods are installed. I used to have some 20+ households in sims 2 and this was not a problem.
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • marinapjanicmarinapjanic Posts: 109 Member
    You can have more than 8 sims with MCCC
    But you have to be carefull with entering CAS. You have to enter it through MCCC menu, for each sim, and you can't enter full cas mode (it is not available, even if you have it enabled in MCCC)
    If you enter CAS with shift-click game will erase your sims, leaving only first eight.
    Icons for more than 8 sims are very small...
  • TheNerdyBunchTheNerdyBunch Posts: 3 New Member
    Ive been using mcc as well and it has worked great for me. The only thing that is annoying is that I cannot change aspects of their personality of physicality like I normally would on fulleditmode. I currently have a family that has 14 children but the oldest one got married but the girl moved in and I cannot figure out how to get them to move out together because when I try to use manage households it tells me that there are too many sims in my orignial household
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Ive been using mcc as well and it has worked great for me. The only thing that is annoying is that I cannot change aspects of their personality of physicality like I normally would on fulleditmode. I currently have a family that has 14 children but the oldest one got married but the girl moved in and I cannot figure out how to get them to move out together because when I try to use manage households it tells me that there are too many sims in my orignial household

Hmm so when you have more than 8 sims in a household, how are you able to move them around and evict certain sims??
  • ElenaPinkberryElenaPinkberry Posts: 2 New Member
    That's right! It seems that it doesn't work properly, or at least you have to be careful. I used the mod MC Comand Center and rised the maximum sims on household from 8 to 15. I had a household with 9 members, BUT when I click on a mirror and selected "Change Sim", one of them disappeared! It's as if it had never existed, every relationship was deleted to! Now I don't know how to make the sim come back and, frankly, I have no hope...