Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Hair Color Swatches Would You Add?

We currently have 18 hair swatches, but that's not enough, right?

Here's 9 I would like to see. Please help me think of more! Add pictures if you want!

1. Cinnamon Sugar (Red hair with some white/gray growing in)
2. Strawberry blond
3. Whiter than white
4. Blond with silver/gray/white
5. Burgundy / Dark Red
6. Salt & Pepper (more salt than pepper this time)
7. Dirty Blond
8. Lighter Brown
9. Fire Engine Red

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited July 2019
    All of the above, some more browns and blondes and greys. We could definitely use some more choice of salt and pepper swatches too. If nothing else, all the of the existing natural colours should have a partner with greys in.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    What I find myself lacking most often:
    - Pure white
    - Strawberry blond
    - Ash brown
    - Ash blonde
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    They really went backward with this version of the Sims from the last with hair. Sad really. I agree with your hair colors though
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Well, I'd add three shades of purple and three more shades of blue. Then three more shades of green, because the one we have is ugly. Then 9 shades of more natural colors, because I'm extra.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimEclipseSimEclipse Posts: 4 New Member
    I definitely agree on the pure white!! Additionally, I'd like more unnatural colors and a PLATINUM BLONDE THAT IS NOT WEIRD AND GREEN! lol.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I'd also like it if on the multi-color hair, there were more options for the secondary color. Not sure how best to handle that, but it's kinda limiting to want to do, say, black with pink and your only option is black with blue/green.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'd also like it if on the multi-color hair, there were more options for the secondary color. Not sure how best to handle that, but it's kinda limiting to want to do, say, black with pink and your only option is black with blue/green.

Definitely this. The inability to select the individual colours within an item really lets the game down. The multi-coloured hairs can be pretty but sometimes the combinations are just not quite there for a specific character.

On a side note that is kind of related, I would also love the ability to choose individual colours for each swatch on clothing and furniture, like we could on Sims 2. It's so frustrating when I want to place a bed with a specific coloured frame but the cover doesn't match my intended decor. Or if I want a sim to wear an open jacket but the top underneath doesn't really go with the rest of the outfit.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I find myself particularly craving for a jet black, a greying blonde, and a greying dark brown
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    Hmm... I think same as Cupid, and also a real white, an ashy blonde and a more natural looking red. Btw, I'm using SugarBox default hair recolour that changes blonde, platinum and white. I really don't like the base game blonde colour and I prefer a whole lot the replacement, even if it looks more like brown.
    gGelhII.png
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Natural hair colors. Different browns, blacks, greys and reds and blondes. I am not so into unnatural colors. Also rooting for the greying blondes and reds.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    ALL OF THE ABOVE!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Also, I would want to be able to BAN the YELLOW hair from my game.

The yellow hair is even worse than the eyeball ring, imho. :s
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'd like unnatural colors available for occult toddlers and kids.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    really Dark blue and dark purple, shiny white, sandy brown, strawberry blonde.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2019
    Mostly needing ash brown here because its my natural hair color
    but I think we need more natural colors in general
    and black brown has been mentioned many times too i think

also it annoys me how hair scarf things etc change with the hair color
    they could just put those in hats so we could match however we like ?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Yes, more hair colors are definitely needed. More natural hair colors, and better color options for unnatural ones. Many of you above already suggested colors that I thought that were needed too.

With multicolored hair and hair accessories, it would be better if there was an option to choose which color you want to match with which hair color.
    Morkovka wrote: »

I agree with this also. I understand why they probably made them not options for kids and toddlers but with occults they should be an option though, I think, because those unnatural colors could be their natural hair colors.

I wouldn't mind to have few more eye colors too.
    Simmingal wrote: »

also it annoys me how hair scarf things etc change with the hair color
    they could just put those in hats so we could match however we like ?

Yes! This one really bugs me.
    Morkovka wrote: »

Definitely. It's frustrating trying to play a setting where you want a sim's genetic to be outlandish, especially for the occults, and they only get the "ordinary" hair colours in childhood.

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Definitely more blonde! I can't stand the straw-like yellow we have or the really light blonde. I'd like the option to change the intensity of some of the unnatural colours as well. Like choosing varying shades of pastel pink/blue/green etc.
  • petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    I definitely want a lighter shade of brown that doesn't lean too much on the red tones and a slightly darker blonde that isn't bordering on yellow :s Apart from that, I'd love for us to get some more unnatural colors! Seems like there's a lot of room to add more swatches of them into the game :)
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos
  • KippuKippu Posts: 119 Member
    A gosh darn proper dark purple! Also more pastel shades would be fun.
    oof