Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do people know you play the sims?

Comments

• haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Everyone knows that I play The Sims, they've known from Sims 1 through to Sims 4 - and by everyone I don't mean just my friends and family but my work colleagues too. Everyone has their hobby, or their means of winding down and escaping from the stresses and strains of everyday life. :)
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Other:
    I tend to keep many useless secrets just because I can. It's more like I don't tend to talk about games unless someone else opens that topic.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Everybody knows I play the Sims. I've met ppl everywhere and I talk about it
    I've made friends talking about the Sims
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Just like with any other game I play: if it comes up in conversation, I won't lie about it. Wouldn't know why, if people take issue with it, I can probably point out at least 3 things they do I could take issue with. But I don't, because I have my own life to deal with it :joy:
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    There is no reason to be ashamed of playing this game. At least it is a peaceful and relaxing game.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    I have two PCs set up next to each other and I have Sims games on both. Me and a friend regularly play together, me on one and him on the other.

He's cursed though. His Sims always end up in the middle of disasters and if bugs exist then he will find them.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Some of my family knows I play sims. I think a friend or two know as well. If someone I meet asks; I don't mind discussing it.
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Yes, why wouldn't they? I know their interests. I'll strike up a conversation with a random person and computers and sims comes up often.

Matter of fact, we was upgrading our home security system mid-May and the installation guy's name was Sam (which he gets 10 points for having a Winchester brother name) and he saw our computer setups and asked if we were gamers.

My husband said, Yes we were gamers. Sam replied, "Those are pretty fancy setups!" We began talking about gaming and how it's an expensive hobby if you really get into it (which I have). At which my husband said, "Yeah, not to mention the thousands of dollars I've spent on Sims stuff over the years!" And come to find out, Sam plays sims, as well. He's been a simmer since Sims 1 days, too. And he's played every series. So we had a lot to talk about.

I have no idea how computers and Sims generally come up in my conversations with random people, but it really does come up often.
    When the Spectrum team sent out to install our internet was having trouble, they assumed my husband and I play Fortnite after seeing our desktops. :D Because any gamer these days must play Fortnite.... right? *rolls eyes* During Halloween, one of the trick-or-treaters randomly asked if we play Fortnite too. I guess we just give off a vibe.

:D:D That is too funny. I've never even seen videos of fortnite, though I've heard a lot of people talk about it. I do think the Llama is cute from that game, but that's cause of my Llama obsession. :D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    I cant remember the thread that made me ask this but I do remember seeing how many simmers do not tell people they play the game.

I am one of those people as well. Nobody in real life knows I play the sims or that I use it as a way to escape real life issues. I also do not know of anyone else who enjoys the game neither.

I went to a wedding last weekend and the bride's aunt and I got into a discussion about Island Living and Realm of Magic. Her aunt said she needs to get back into the sims. <3

Ps: She's(the aunt) one of the two people who got me into the Sims! I used to watch her play Sims 1.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Other:
    Depends on the person. Some of my friends are simmers or familiar with it, so they know. The rest are so distant from video games I'm a little worried about what their reactions would be. I mean I'm sure we'd still be friends and it wouldn't be dramatic or anything I just have a tendency to feel the need to explain my decisions with things I shouldn't have to explain 😅 so I avoid it all together.
  • LollyGraceLollyGrace Posts: 20 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    I don’t openly say “hey I play the Sims!” or anything, but if it comes up in conversation then I’ll happily tell people. I’ve never had a negative response though! Most people just go “oh cool” and tell me their funny Sims stories from back in the day.. either that, or people say “me too!”. At the end of the day, it’s a hobby isn’t it?
  • BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    Other:
    I feel I can tell my friends and family, but I wouldn't tell at work. Some people might think it is childish, stupid or a waste of time. (They have no idea what they are talking about, of course.) With friends, it is easier to explain the attraction of it if they don't understand it to bein with.

However, told my boyfriend since five years, but I truly don't think he understands it. He like nods if I tell something sims related, and he accepts, but I don't think he understands. But he doesn't play any computer or console games, and doesn't like fantasy or science fiction. I guess opposites do attract, lol.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    My parents bought me TS1 for Christmas; so everyone knows I spend most of my time playing videogames; especially The Sims. If the game makes you happy, play and dont worry about other people.
  • AnisaerahAnisaerah Posts: 26 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    My bar trivia name gave me names for my 100 baby challenge. Sadly, I 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up with not changing MCCC settings back, so I'll have to start over.
  • AnisaerahAnisaerah Posts: 26 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Team, rather.

I've gotten a bunch of friends to at least try playing because of the sales.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    I even convinced some of my friends in college to start playing!
    aSE16f8.gif
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    I get more grief about playing with my barbies. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    Other:
    Family, friends and co-workers know that I play the sims, cause when they ask about hobbies, I'll simply say so. Most of them don't mind or are not interested so I never talk about it, and the others are judgmental. Ask me if I care .... :smile: I discuss the game with its players only and occasionnaly with non players but only if they ask about it.

When some ask if it's a good game ... I say it's an good interesting fun game but it's addictive, it's a time eater and it's expensive.
    Sounds like a warning, and it is. :smiley:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Of course. If people know me they know I'm a simmer - otherwise they don't know me very well.
    Most of the many people I know play Sims - because - I am a Simmer.

I started a lot of people playing Sims over the last 20 years. LOL. Besides I am not the least bit concerned what anyone else thinks anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2019
    Other:
    It's not a top secret but I don't talk about it openly because my friends and family don't play any games. Only my closest family knows I play. If someone would ask or if the conversation would somehow lead to Sims or other games I play, yes I'd tell them then. I'm older and I choose to spend my money on Sims, that's a thing that non-players of my age wouln't necessarily understand.
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    edited July 2019
    Other:
    My family know because sometimes they ask me what I'm playing and I go and talk about my sims' life and stuff lmao (well, I talk about this with my stepmother and my father anyway). People outside not really, not that they ask a lot anyway. But if I'm asked about what I usually play, and being a guy, I prefer to mention other games I play (Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Subnautica, Don't Starve and stuff like that) rather than The Sims to avoid awkward moments. Note that I don't personally think The Sims is mostly for women or children or whatever, but apparently there are people who think so. If someone asks me directly, however, I probably wouldn't deny it. It would depend if I know the person or not. But this applies about more stuff than only The Sims, I just don't talk about my stuff with acquaintances. I don't even talk much about anything with anyone.

Also, I don't know anyone who plays the game. Many years ago my sisters tried The Sims 3 for a while and some years later The Sims 4, but they never really played a lot. I'm the oldest and the only one who plays.
    gGelhII.png
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    I'm the only one I know who plays Sims games. Don't have a soul to share this hobby with. No one I know play any of my other preferred games either. Husband sometimes plays a hunting game with me, but it's just the experience he enjoys and doesn't work on his level, skills and perks. It's pretty lame to be so alone with a hobby behind the screen :/

Spending time with family, I never have that much to talk about. I don't work due to health issues. I'm not interested in gardening, cooking and cleaning, having kids, and making my home look pretty. That all sets me apart from just about everyone I know.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• PrinceSarahPrinceSarah Posts: 18 Member
    I've written an essay and now a dissertation on this game so I think people know :)
  • petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    All of my friends know that I play The Sims 4 and even if I'm the only one in our group who still plays it (I just recently picked it up, they used to play it back in 2014), it's still really fun to talk to them about hilarious and interesting things that happen to their simselves and other sims in my game :)
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos
  • NickDavidson199NickDavidson199 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Yes, my parents know I play the sims all the time but... I'm not ashamed! :p✌✌
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Yes, i am not ashamed
    Okay so I'm torn in this because I don't like admitting I play video games in general because I got made fun of for liking them in the past. But the Sims is considered such a casual and popular game it's one of the games I can freely admit to playing and not be questioned on it.