Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack 8 on the way?

124...Next

Comments

• LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I hope a farming pack wouldn't be lessened if a player doesn't have Seasons. Whilst growing new harvestables and making new items from them is very much part of what I would like to see in a Farming EP, as well as harvests, that is only one aspect and gardening is very much part of base game. I suspect they will do as they have done before and have a version of some things in the a Farm EP that already exist, e.g. the bees and some of the new crops. Seasons has been out for a while now and it wouldn't be unheard of for them to add these to something new, or even base game, as they did with some CAS items, or a variant thereof.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I hope a farming pack wouldn't be lessened if a player doesn't have Seasons. Whilst growing new harvestables and making new items from them is very much part of what I would like to see in a Farming EP, as well as harvests, that is only one aspect and gardening is very much part of base game. I suspect they will do as they have done before and have a version of some things in the a Farm EP that already exist, e.g. the bees and some of the new crops. Seasons has been out for a while now and it wouldn't be unheard of for them to add these to something new, or even base game, as they did with some CAS items, or a variant thereof.

It's bound to be and that's why I'm wondering if we'll get Farming at all. I'm actually getting a bit annoyed that so much stuff that I paid for is being given to the base game in Patches.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

It's bound to be and that's why I'm wondering if we'll get Farming at all. I'm actually getting a bit annoyed that so much stuff that I paid for is being given to the base game in Patches.

I don't mind it in theory. The only or major part of it that's frustrating is just that it's only the base game that gets the free upgrades. If EPs and GPs got regular or even occasional revisits and improvements as well, I wouldn't mind when some of their more basic features get given to others for free, as I generally am not of the opinion "I had to suffer to everyone else should have to, too."

But if, like, Aliens from GtW got a revisit and update, or City Life was updated to take Seasons more into account or they added a new festival, or they did a big update to cat and dog genetics, etc - if the packs also got little additions and improvements the way the base game does, I wouldn't mind that the base game regularly gets stuff added from the packs or feel like that was taking away their value. As it is, because it's only the base game that ever gets this attention, the packs do start to feel like diminishing returns.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Drago97232 wrote: »
    Music Expansion pack incoming !

Get Bandy Expansion Pack?

Get Katy Perry Expansion Pack?

Get Stagy Expansion Pack?

Get Showy EP?

Get Famous The Sequel EP?

Get Groovy EP?

Ok I'm stopping now.

I hope it's either Freetime or Farming EP.

I bet its Katy Perry Living EP
  • AnyahsAnyahs Posts: 36 Member
    I want it to be farming so bad I can't see straight anymore. So much can be added with farming besides just "more crops and horses." University is ok but it's not something I'm dying to have. I would like a new romance pack though. I need reputations back. Affairs just aren't that fun in the sims 4. Casanova sims? Questioning if that baby your wife had is yours... your hookup abandoning the baby at your doorstep and you having to adopt it out to someone or take it in... woohoo having a chance of pregnancy, new "safe" woohoo... woohooing in the SHOWER AGAIN. Getting back together with your ex but your bar never filling up completely again. Your kids telling on you or hiding it. New romance options like special ways to propose could be done at the table like s2, new date spots, new wedding locations and stuff... yes. I'd also like to see new worlds like France and an Asian country like Japan/Korea/China/ etc. I miss World Adventures
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    It’ll be University for sure. With Christmas shortly after the release, they’re gonna want something they know will sell well.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Drago97232 wrote: »
    Music Expansion pack incoming !

Get Bandy Expansion Pack?

Get Katy Perry Expansion Pack?

Get Stagy Expansion Pack?

Get Showy EP?

Get Famous The Sequel EP?

Get Groovy EP?

Ok I'm stopping now.

I hope it's either Freetime or Farming EP.

I bet its Katy Perry Living EP

thats too long name they'll name it "Perry Living" or "Get Perry"
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

I don't mind it in theory. The only or major part of it that's frustrating is just that it's only the base game that gets the free upgrades. If EPs and GPs got regular or even occasional revisits and improvements as well, I wouldn't mind when some of their more basic features get given to others for free, as I generally am not of the opinion "I had to suffer to everyone else should have to, too."

But if, like, Aliens from GtW got a revisit and update, or City Life was updated to take Seasons more into account or they added a new festival, or they did a big update to cat and dog genetics, etc - if the packs also got little additions and improvements the way the base game does, I wouldn't mind that the base game regularly gets stuff added from the packs or feel like that was taking away their value. As it is, because it's only the base game that ever gets this attention, the packs do start to feel like diminishing returns.

Absolutely, I think they should be mindful of the money people have spent and therefore wait some time before giving a item away that others have paid for. However, if it is from one of the earlier packs, or a variant of a newer one, then I don't mind at all, they are always tweaking and recolouring things and calling them new content and people buy them. Why not do the same and give them away, seems more fair.

And updates to older DLC would be fantastic, there is so much more they could add to these and the class between CL festivals and Seasons is awful, including plants just glitching anywhere, games unplayable due to rain etc.