Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloading public buildings. Big,medium or small?

CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
When you download a building from the gallery, what appeals to you the most? Whether it's a restaurant, shop, spa, or gym, I usually keep getting the same size. How about you?

-edit

If your sims want to try out the new restaurant that just opened down the block, are they more likely to visit the one with statues and landscaping in front and a huge seating area with a fountain in the center or the cozy neighborhood bistro with 5 tables?
Post edited by CorkysPetals on

Downloading public buildings. Big,medium or small? 41 votes

The fanciest, most lavish and beautiful
4%
phantasmkissColton147147 2 votes
Something medium sized. I like features, but in moderation
82%
vancanuckfan86LaBlue0314aprilrosePlayerSinger2010Isb917MeteoraStormsimgirl1010alejandro15039loubyloulouRepoSimplyJentaydevLissyK9MoonfoxNightcrySelinaKylesannaliese39mariajane216Sekrilcatmando830QueenMercy 34 votes
Small. Too many rooms make me nervous
12%
Jaline33IceyJRedShoe7LaurxoxSimmingal 5 votes

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'd pick any size really, as long as the build satisfies other criteria. Like not cluttered, no Moo, just that it generally contains everything needed and also looks nice. I'm a bit picky, I think :#
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Something in between is preferable.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Medium to small. I like it to look good but still done as simply as possible for the most part depending on the style. Mostly I'm concerned about performance and pathing.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited July 2019
    Small. Too many rooms make me nervous
    smallest possible one
    but with all the actual gameplay items
    hate having million bathrooms
    can't ever justify it with any build
    and also having to walk miles to reach rooms

usually I just get the shell though and furnish them myself
    since I hate building outsides of house but once i get inside its all fun and games

(actually big problem because my love for small builds makes the biggest lots rather useless)
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    The fanciest, most lavish and beautiful
    I like to build, so I tend to use my own builds. When I download, it's usually the big uber-fancy ones so that I can get inspiration or figure out how they did something.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I guess I'm the only one who doesn't get the question but what do you mean? Different lots have different sizes so the size I end up with typically depends on the lot I'm trying to put it on. Or are we talking about the amount of floors or something?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I guess I'm the only one who doesn't get the question but what do you mean? Different lots have different sizes so the size I end up with typically depends on the lot I'm trying to put it on. Or are we talking about the amount of floors or something?

I mean the building size, number of rooms, furnishings, decorations etc.. I probably didn't explain things clearly above. I'm asking if you download something for your sims to use fairly often, what do YOU prefer?
  • AnisaerahAnisaerah Posts: 26 Member
    I prefer the aesthetics of small homes usually, but I've seen some large homes on the gallery that are lovely, too.

I only have base game and a few packs, so I've only touched the surface, I'm sure.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    As small as possible while still retaining all the features I need. I don’t like needlessly large builds. For gameplay purposes, the smaller the better as far as I’m concerned, provided there’s enough room for sims to function.

It has nothing to do with too many rooms making me nervous, though.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I voted medium - but I go with both small or medium. I find larger lots don't always have the best playability.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    I like medium sized community lots. Usually one level. Small enough that I can keep an eye on what's going on. For larger lots I'll download a medium sized building then fill in with landscaping. I also don't like large multiple use builds.
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    I tend to medium or smaller public lots unless it's a park. What I'm really careful of is any size lot that is overloaded. I once added large children's rooms to the existing libraries in game. They each included just about every indoor kids toy or kids skill object in game some in multiples as well as lots of decor. Every time I went to one of the lots I would get lag. Those lots were the only places I got lag, so I greatly reduced the stuff on one of the lots and it played fine again. Now I am careful not to overload my lots and I don't download heavily loaded lots. I admire those lots, many are creative and beautiful, but I put playablity first, so simpler lots for me.
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    I usually just download whatever appeals to me, no matter the size. But yeah, I usually get medium ones I think, because there are not a lot of big lots.
    gGelhII.png
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    variety for me
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • PrinceSarahPrinceSarah Posts: 18 Member
    Honestly it depends what I use it for! If I'm looking for my regular game then it doesn't matter, but legacies need specific sized buildings.