March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hogwarts [Harry Potter Fans!]

Comments

• countesskate324countesskate324 Posts: 83 Member
    Well, I'm not any of those. I don't value them either... yep I'm still a Slytherin :D

Slytherins unite!! :D lol
    Playing since 2002--The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 4!
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Question of the week answer: I do not think I would want to change the main character but I would have loved for the series to continue and tell the story of Tonks and Lupins child. Or a prequel about Snape. All I know is that I want more of this unique magical world.

I can not get into Fantastic Beasts. It feels like it is missing something.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I swear Hufflepuff is the lesss understood house, which says a lot about today's world.
    People think that we're a bad house but it's only because we don't need the validation of others to fuel our self-confidence.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X41ArlJVNYc

One more Hufflepuff here !

Question of the week: Remus Lupin but only because I want more Remus Lupin in everything.
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member

@Amandèle Hello! Are they very different in French than English?

@PrincessAmy the only difference is that certain names are changed so that French readers can pronounce them (for example, Snape is called Rogue and Newt Scamander is called Norbert Dragonneau) but they did a good job to keep the same style of writing when translating, in my opinion :)
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm a Slytherin. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Amandèle wrote: »
    @PrincessAmy the only difference is that certain names are changed so that French readers can pronounce them (for example, Snape is called Rogue and Newt Scamander is called Norbert Dragonneau) but they did a good job to keep the same style of writing when translating, in my opinion :)

Some spells too, and while I am okay with the names, I kind of dislike the spells translations. Spero Patronum has the right meaning, but is meh to pronounce and Endoloris sounds more mild than Crucio. Reparifagex I do not get why, how is that more french sounding that Reparifarge ?
    Worst is Diffindo though: Cracbadadum.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Hmm... Hard to imagine the series with any MC besides Harry. IMO he was exactly the right choice. I think if it were to have anybody else it would pretty much have to be Voldemort. hmm... or Snape... Actually I kinda dig that idea. Like had a unique perspective and was an interesting complex character. His view could have been interesting. But I really do think Harry was the best choice.

@dreamerz13
    I actually have one of the Slytherin editions! Try looking on Ebay they are often cheap there if you are missing any!
    It sounds like they are scared of the copyright issues, they should really reach out to the company holding the license and ask if they can continue it and maybe gain some support. I can't imagine the company refusing as it doesn't seem you were selling copyrighted things without permission, just having fun and dressing up.

I guess they were actually issued a cease and desist. They can pay the licensing fee and be fine but they say they just assume it'll be too expensive. Sad to say they're probably not wrong. And they are a small non-profit group putting it together so they don't have tons of funds. Though now I'm hearing rumour they're going back to the drawing board. So maybe there's still hope. Not for this year but maybe next.
  • ArtsyPancakeArtsyPancake Posts: 13 New Member
    Another Slytherin here! :)
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish I actually also don't really like Harry. To me he comes off as annoying in many of the movies, but I do think it was also how J.K. Rowling wanted it to be. It was supposed to show that he is going through puberty and on top of that we could see everything was getting too much for his mental state. After all, everyone expected him to defeat Voldermort and counted on him, that is so much responsibility for being a teenager.. but I just can't accept how unkind he can be in the later movies to his friends :s

@countesskate324 I would also want to see how muggles are introduced to the magical world!

That's nice! In UK we do have a few Harry Potter stores, I know you can buy candy in the one in London but I am not sure abou the other ones. I know there are two in York, on the street that Diagon Alley was based on. In London there is one on the King's Cross Station where Harry would go to school by train. I went to the one in London a few times because I lived in London for most of my life haha, but I have only been to the ones in York once. I do think the one in London is better plus there is the studio tour in London which I really wish was cheaper.. I really do wish we had a whole Harry Potter themed park though, we only have a few shops and the tour.. I did hear the tour is really amazing but then again it is around £160 per person.. which to me seems a bit too much.. and it only lasts one hour too! Are the prices in the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter also this expensive?

@nerdfashion
    I am glad that you feel so connected with your house and value the traits so much! That is the most important!

@michelei
    I would love to see more of Snape's story!
    I do like some scenes from Fantastic Beasts but I do struggle to get through the movie sometimes, the second one I have to admit I just cannot finish..

@happyopi Welcome to the thread! I am a Hufflepuff too!
    I also feel that many do not understand Hufflepuff, we value a lot of qualities that people think are "boring" but are honestly so so important in the world!
    Remus Lupin would be an interesting character to have a movie about! I would like to know more about his past.

@Amandèle That is really interesting! I cannot imagine the characters being named anything else so it is really interesting how people how read the book in French know the characters by completely different names!

@dreamerz13 Snape seems to be a popular choice haha, Voldemort would be extremely interesting since he is the villain of the series.. I would really like to learn more about his life from birth etc..

That is understandable often fees for things like that are huge! Which is quite sad as it stops communities from making these events which are so fun for people.. I am glad they are going back to the drawing board and I hope they will be able to think up of a new event. Maybe they could make their own Wizarding World exclusive to your city/town? Like create all new locations, new story, new school, etc.. I am sure this would avoid copyright as long as it wasn't similar to Harry Potter story and copying it a lot haha

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Is anyone else absolutely dying for ROM? Have a pretty good feeling witches are going to be included.
    funny-gifs20.gif

@nerdfashion Definitely! What I would really love in it is for the furniture to be themed around four houses like in Harry Potter but ones for Sims! (I really want a Llama house haha)

I really hope they add witches back into the game! They are so funny and provide so much content
    @nerdfashion Definitely! What I would really love in it is for the furniture to be themed around four houses like in Harry Potter but ones for Sims! (I really want a Llama house haha)

You mean like the fanmade Pufferhead stuff pack ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py_4hsGy7W0
    https://mlysmakescc.weebly.com/pufferhead.html

Alpaggard is the llama house.
    5c7add839bb0d5010001fe38.png

I'm still amazed by the beautifully crafted lore one (1) talented person could invent from a mere basegame poster.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    That's amazing !!
    happyopi wrote: »

You mean like the fanmade Pufferhead stuff pack ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py_4hsGy7W0
    https://mlysmakescc.weebly.com/pufferhead.html

Alpaggard is the llama house.
    5c7add839bb0d5010001fe38.png

I'm still amazed by the beautifully crafted lore one (1) talented person could invent from a mere basegame poster.

@happyopi wow I didn't know there is a house already! I love the bunny one is that supposed to be the Sims version of Hufflepuff?

The mod looks really interesting!

For everyone:
    Question of the Week:
    What do you feel was the worst thing Harry done? This can range from doing something really silly to really mean!

Please remember to respect everyone's opinion!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Hufflepuff here! I also did the Pottermore tests, who also put me in Hufflepuff (yay!). I did not read the books (I really don't have the concentration to read whatever book) but I did watch the films. A long time ago. Hee-hee.

Harry Potter got me a few years ago, when the app 'Harry Potter - Hogwarts Mystery' came out. I don't play it veryyyy much anymore (when I began playing it, I sorted myself in Gryffindor HAHA what a joke). I play 'Wizards Unite' now and then, when I have time and when I want to walk.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • HeathaHeatha Posts: 23 Member
    Hello there! I would like to think I would be sorted into Ravenclaw! I read the first book when it first came out before it was well known and loved it - didn't realise that there was going to be SIX more books afterwards (plus the spin offs)!

Haven't gotten into the spin offs (mythical beasts, cursed child etc) yet... however I found a pod cast which served me well when I was driving across country called: Binge Mode: Harry Potter/The Ringer. Highly recommended for long road trips!

I think the worst thing Harry did was not try with Occlumency, which ultimately caused the death of Sirus. No, I'm not saying it's Harry's fault that he died - it is the fault of the person who killed him, however there was a reason why he was given the lessons and he didn't take it seriously.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,857 Member
    edited August 2019
    Slytherin here ~~ *slithers in discussion*

I always thought Hufflepuff is the best house though
    but I guess I just couldn't be one myself :joy:

always hated the Gryffindor values tbh
    and Ravenclaw just too idk smart? creative? studious? not me?

so in a way makes sense to be Slytherin and I ain't got problem with that

(well other than the series keep acting like all slytherins have evil ambitions
    and then there is me whos biggest ambition is to just nap in peace)

Favourite book?

Goblet of Fire

Favourite movie?

Half-Blood Prince

Don't plan to ever read Cursed Child that book is cursed I wan't nothing to do with it
    (all i have heard already convinced me I don't approve of it)

also not big fan of fantastic beasts for now at least feels sort of dull

(pufferhead gave me owlenmoon btw its cute :blush: )
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,760 Member
    I'm a proud Gryffindor. It seems every time I take a test, that's what I get. I loved all the books and the movies (although a few of them could have been better). I still haven't seen The Crimes of Grindelwald, although I know what happens since I read a synopsis (I never worry if a movie gets spoiled for myself or not).
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I'm a Gryffindor and my patronus is a Dragon, no joke, on Pottermore.
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    I'm a Hufflepuff and my patronus is an ocicat. I researched the breed and they're apparently very playful. I wonder what that says about me.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
    edited September 2019
    happyopi wrote: »
    I swear Hufflepuff is the lesss understood house, which says a lot about today's world.
    People think that we're a bad house but it's only because we don't need the validation of others to fuel our self-confidence.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X41ArlJVNYc

One more Hufflepuff here !

Question of the week: Remus Lupin but only because I want more Remus Lupin in everything.

Watched the video, and it's great! But as a Slytherin, I have to point out that we're not all dark and causing wars.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Gryffindor! Not cool-guy Gryffindor though. Neville Gryffindor, and it took me a long time to settle into it.

The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.

Question of the week: What do you feel was the worst thing Harry done?
    It drives me crazy that he threw that hand mirror from Sirius into his trunk and forgot about it. I'm sure I could think of something worse if I tried, but oh my goodness, Harry.

@nerdfashion One of my best friends was a Slytherin and, considering my House, we had long discussions about what each one meant outside stereotypes. Knowing what you want/doing what needs to be done to make it happen ≠ evil.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
    Gryffindor! Not cool-guy Gryffindor though. Neville Gryffindor, and it took me a long time to settle into it.

The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.

Question of the week: What do you feel was the worst thing Harry done?
    It drives me crazy that he threw that hand mirror from Sirius into his trunk and forgot about it. I'm sure I could think of something worse if I tried, but oh my goodness, Harry.

@nerdfashion One of my best friends was a Slytherin and, considering my House, we had long discussions about what each one meant outside stereotypes. Knowing what you want/doing what needs to be done to make it happen ≠ evil.

Well, the worst thing Harry did was definetly Sectumsempra.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Well, the worst thing Harry did was definetly Sectumsempra.

You know what? I'm changing my answer to this. Even with the whole "he didn't know what it would do" thing, that was stupid and terrible.

4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2019
    I wish it was Gryffindor, but whenever I do tests for this kinda stuff, I always end up with Ravenclaw. So I'm guessing Ravenclaw it is then? :joy: Definitely not Hufflepuff, my green thumb is so inexistent, I can't even keep a cactus alive.

And, mind you, we have a gigantic garden. So you can imagine what a brilliant combination that is xD