Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All Of My Sims Are Hermits LOL

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    So coopl to see that we all play in so many different ways :) My sims travel all the time, I often enjoy community lots just as much as their homes :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I'm like this too!! Felt like the only one seeing the stuff people have their Sims doing on here. For me I think it's the loading screens...I went everywhere all the time in ts3, but hardly leave home in ts4. I think I leave more in ts2 actually because I still play that. So I think it's part loading screen, part going out isn't really special to me in ts4? I like things like outdoor retreat (don't have island living or jungle adventure) where you can leave for an experience but I'm just not willing to go through a loading screen (even if it's fast) to hit up the bar on singles night, or go dancing, etc. when I could just invite people over (slim chance of that too though tbh) for the same experience with my home bar and stereo...
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    My sims go out and do stuff all the time. It does depend on the household as well. I love when they visit other relatives and friends.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited July 2019
    I go everywhere and follow story immersion. Loading time doesn’t take long and seeing as The Sims 2 to still be my most favorite Sim game, I don’t feel as punished waiting between load time.

Even though The Sims 3 had open world and unique mechanics, the more expansions downloaded, the worse the game becomes with lags - even if used on an incredible computer system. I’ve tried adding every single “lot type” into Sunset Valley so I can experience the content from the expansion packs in one “world”, only find out that every single Sim that isn’t in my active household autonomously gathers around the theater for no reason. This broke my entire game with abandoned community lots. Vampires staying out in the sunlight and fainting everywhere wasn’t a nice thing to look at.

To find out that I am “obligated” to use the many different worlds that came with expansion packs to truly experience what came with it, really sucked. Comparing this experience to The Sims 1, The Sims 2 & The Sims 4, you are not separated in worlds. Rather, neighborhoods and sub-neighborhoods. Even with loading screens, I can still maintain all of the relationships and families I have in one single save.

Apartments were a huge disappointment. Neighbors live in rabbit holes and can’t be “interacted” with. Limited just to a simple chat outside of their door or inviting them out downtown. The Sims 2 did the best apartments hands down.

The culling of legacy households (Goths, Altos, Landgraabs) and ones I’ve even made + progressed pushed me to the limit to uninstall the game and to never play it ever again. Since NPC townies are also included as “Sims”, any random Sim - even those you’ve dedicated your heart and soul to play, can randomly be “culled” (move out) of town.

I consider The Sims 3 to be the lowest ranked of all the games released of this franchise. I could go on all day with more negative opinions and experiences about The Sims 3 compared to what we have now in The Sims 4.

All of this is just my own opinion at the end of the day. To each their own.
    Post edited by Hestia on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Once my sims get children, they are home a lot. Glad they don't make them have stir crazy like in 3, it was awful. You'd place all these cool items they loved but it would still make them stir crazy, I hated that, some folks and sims just like to be home
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited July 2019
    Wow... you just described my play style right down to the tee!

To be honest, I think my Sims hardly go out due to constantly filling their needs... Sim goes to work 8-4 Monday to Friday and by the time they come home, they need to go to the toilet, shower, cook and eat, watch tv to get their fun up and then by that point their energy is almost in the red, so off to bed they go for another day. I don’t like using cheats but I do like the satisfaction point rewards to slow motives down but they take an eternity to get! I just don’t know how to make the game more exciting... I’d love my Sim to be out partying every night but their needs just won’t allow me to :'(
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Oh man :D I show up to the festivals every once in a while (I like collecting the T-Shirts), but that's pretty much it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I'm playing a household of 6 with 4 children (2 teens, 1 child, 1 toddler) plus a cat and taking them out is so hard. I try to pick one member to focus on for the day (usually one of the teens) and go out, but that is rare since there is typically a lot going on around the house.

Whenever someone gets an invite from a friend to go out I have to think really hard on whether or not I can let them go... I feel like an overbearing guardian :lol:

I like this. So just play with one family member that day and have them go out and do stuff, then switch to someone else the following day.
    Hoverael wrote: »
    I haven't done much exploring with this game, i'm curious to know more about lounge, bar, nightclub, being invited to the bluffs in Windenburg and so forth, it would be an interesting experience to get into those a lot more. Been so focused on keeping tight control i often put those side activities where they are, i mean the only time i really went out with a sim is down to a gym to get an aspiration goal for bodybuilder completed, beyond that, nada

I've never done the bluffs thing or the maze in Windenburg.
    Oh man :D I show up to the festivals every once in a while (I like collecting the T-Shirts), but that's pretty much it.

Doesn't that mess up one of your outfits, if you buy a shirt? Like it replaces a shirt you already had?
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Same hahaha I keep them at home all the time, I feel so bad :'(
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I'm really surprised at how many simmers don't let their sims go out. :o My sims go out often and they take the kids to the parks on the weekends, haven't really been out to eat in a while since other sims have been stealing their food. Since getting IL they go to the beach often.
    I'm really surprised at how many simmers don't let their sims go out. :o My sims go out often and they take the kids to the parks on the weekends, haven't really been out to eat in a while since other sims have been stealing their food. Since getting IL they go to the beach often.

I haven't sent a Sim out to the park since the last time I was going around collecting fruits to plant. Once I found out you can find those in the debug menu, I don't see the point in locating them organically anymore lol
    @Chazzzy do you only play one sim? how in the world do they have 4 jobs? :D I would get so bored if I couldn't send my sims out.
    @Chazzzy do you only play one sim? how in the world do they have 4 jobs? :D I would get so bored if I couldn't send my sims out.

I only play with members of one particular family so I rotate between households. Like one day I might play the parents and the next I’ll play the YA son’s house who has 2 baby mamas and 4 part-time jobs to manage. And the next day I might play in his brother’s household and he has a wife and 3 kids. No matter who I play with though I realized I don’t really send them out.
    edited July 2019
    It's hard to do a lot of things with babies and kids, even the adults with the needs draining so fast its hard to send them anywhere. :p
    Post edited by CrazyboutTheSims on
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Mine tend to go out a lot at first when it's just them in the household, but once spouses and kids are added, I go out less. I hate that their needs go crazy when you're away.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I don’t play for goals, but rather story and screenshots, so my whole game revolves around my sims going out and doing things and interacting with others, so I’m very into all types of commercial lots, even making lots that don’t normally exist in the game, like my bank or my outdoor marketplace. My sims often visit the homes of their friends and extended family, as well, often having multi-family get-togethers. My load times between lots are very quick, though.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    My Sims are the same. It's a nightmare taking them out to eat at a restaurant. When my Sims go to the cafe other Sims take their coffee or pastries and everyone piles around the barista. If my Sims go to a club the DJ leaves throughout the night so there are times when the music just isn't even playing.

I've only taken a Sim to the jungle once and the game froze when he went through one of the vine clusters. I reloaded it and he burned alive in a temple because no matter what I did he wouldn't extinguish himself. Never gone back to the jungle since. I've taken Sims camping once but I remember it just got boring real quick.

I do take my Sims to festivals here and there but I mostly can't be bothered with the loading screens haha
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hestia wrote: »
    I go everywhere and follow story immersion. Loading time doesn’t take long and seeing as The Sims 2 to still be my most favorite Sim game, I don’t feel as punished waiting between load time.

Even though The Sims 3 had open world and unique mechanics, the more expansions downloaded, the worse the game becomes with lags - even if used on an incredible computer system. I’ve tried adding every single “lot type” into Sunset Valley so I can experience the content from the expansion packs in one “world”, only find out that every single Sim that isn’t in my active household autonomously gathers around the theater for no reason. This broke my entire game with abandoned community lots. Vampires staying out in the sunlight and fainting everywhere wasn’t a nice thing to look at.

To find out that I am “obligated” to use the many different worlds that came with expansion packs to truly experience what came with it, really plum. Comparing this experience to The Sims 1, The Sims 2 & The Sims 4, you are not separated in worlds. Rather, neighborhoods and sub-neighborhoods. Even with loading screens, I can still maintain all of the relationships and families I have in one single save.

Apartments were a huge disappointment. Neighbors live in rabbit holes and can’t be “interacted” with. Limited just to a simple chat outside of their door or inviting them out downtown. The Sims 2 did the best apartments hands down.

The culling of legacy households (Goths, Altos, Landgraabs) and ones I’ve even made + progressed pushed me to the limit to uninstall the game and to never play it ever again. Since NPC townies are also included as “Sims”, any random Sim - even those you’ve dedicated your heart and soul to play, can randomly be “culled” (move out) of town.

I consider The Sims 3 to be the lowest ranked of all the games released of this franchise. I could go on all day with more negative opinions and experiences about The Sims 3 compared to what we have now in The Sims 4.

All of this is just my own opinion at the end of the day. To each their own.
    Nope. Actually the computer you play on does matter where it comes to Sims 3. I don't have any lag, my game is smooth and hardly ever crashes. This is the God's honest truth, I'm not making this up for the sake of it, it is as it is. And I'll keep repeating it as long as people continue making statements like this. Why would you add each and every lot type in one world by the way? Are you playing them all? Why not add them when you need them? Why have a riding school when you don't own a horse? See, there's the problem: Sims 3 is so big, that people expected they could stuff it with everything just because. You can't, there are limits you need to respect. Not having a riding school in my world or a Show Venue doesn't seem like a insurmountable problem to me when I don't play a jockey or a singer/acrobat/magician.

As for apartments: you can build apartments in Sims 3 using the roommate system. I have and it's really fun. I set the doors and beds to specific sims and it works.

I'm about to start generation 22 and every family member my sim has lives in her world. As long as I make sure they don't live on their own, they are going nowhere. No culling.

Like you say, to each their own. But downplaying a game based on false information is something else. To stick to the topic: my sims in Sims 3 go everywhere. They most certainly don't stay in their house all the time. Quite often I focus on one and send the others out too, checking on them every now and then, see what they're up to. That quite often provides very funny suprises and situations.

p.s. My Sims 4 sims go out all the time as well by the way, because it's my playing style and loading screens are like 30 seconds. I much prefer the open world system though, because I always feel tied to one area and to one or two sims.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Many people here mentioned that Sims left behind at home can't take care of themselves?
    Is it because of free will/autonomy settings?
    With full free will they are doing just fine for me.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I find it hard to get my Sims out of the house. The game doesn't seem designed to allow that much free time in between work, skill building and families. Which is probably true to life. But at the same time a lot of the time it almost doesn't feel worth it to leave the house.

It's like the Truman show in a way. Everyone is waiting for their cue to start something when you get there. Except it's worse as they all clump together at the entrance as if you all arrived at the exact same time.

I started going on Jungle Adventures for the first time and I'm really enjoying it.

Guess you gotta force yourself to switch it up every now and then... Which I guess is the point of worlds and need gameplay from EPs and GPS. 🤔😊
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm the opposite. I take my sims out off the lot almost every day. I don't have much fun staying on the lot. But I also mostly play single sims or couple sims.

Loading screens don't bother me. I use my restaurants ALL the time!
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    I used to play like that, now I take my sims everywhere. Half the time I use the fill needs cheat right before leaving, the other half I disable need decay, just to go off the home lot and then reenable when I'm back home. That way they can make the most of their time while they are off the home lot. Because in all honesty irl it does not take 1.5 hrs to eat a "Quick Meal" or 20 min to use the toilet so I pretend they took a quick nap or peed right before leaving and just cheat it. The occasional times I don't fill their needs via cheat is when I want to challenge myself. Have you ever completed a five hour wedding without the fill needs cheat and gotten gold???? I think it's impossible.

Now a trick I recently discovered is building my own non-residential lots so they have what all I could possibly want on them, or at least have more than a few activities. For example, I made the Solar Flare into a modern teen hangout with a pool, kitchen, study area, picnic area, bonfire, and dance floor. I edited the scientist career lot (Future Sims Labs) to have more equipment because all the NPCs were using things I needed to complete goals, added a garden with ALL the plants for making serums, added a break room with a kitchen and a barracks with beds and a courtyard with a grill and bathrooms have showers so sims want for nothing. With gyms I've started making the main goal to go there to work out, but then have luxurious locker rooms for washing up, a pool to lounge around, a bar, TV, couches, and a grill and picnic area so my sims could literally spend all day there.

One thing I suggest for Jungle Adventure is before going on vacation, at your main home lot go into Build Mode and the bb.showhiddenobjects and find fire repellant (catching on fire), spider repellant (spiders), fire foam(fireflies that literally catch you on fire), waterfall in a bottle (hygiene), machete(these just get lost all the time), that growse looking grilled cheese thing (hunger), plasma bat bait(bats), faraday fizz (lightning bugs that electrocute you) and the pollenis flower(bees), bone dust (antidote ingredient) and buying about 10 of each in debug mode and putting them in your sims' inventory (10 of each item per sim going to the jungle) and then picking a bunch of strawberries, apples, avocados, etc and then going on vacation. The marketplace never has enough and you always run out. To keep sims' other needs up, there are plenty of bushes throughout the jungle to fertilize and nap in. The trick is when the energy bar turns yellow, take a nap, then fertilize the bush. This will cause your sim to experience the spiders and bees reaction more often, but keeps needs up. I've had a couple go into the jungle for two weeks and survive just fine with about 20 of each item in their inventory. I just needed to stack them eating apples/berries to keep their hunger up or risk the uncomfortable moodlet from the growse grilled cheese that stays good forever.

Hopefully you can figure out a way to enjoy off lot activities too! I know the loading screens are horrible, but it's definitely worth it for the story line.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    Man I also tend to do that! Try new things once and never go back to it, haha. The only real reason most of the times I travel with sims is weddings and sometimes birthdays. Otherwise, it's really unusual when I travel with them.
    gGelhII.png