Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shiny sims

RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
edited October 2019 in Mods Bugs & Issues
Since the patch, my female Sims are becoming shiny, like this:

Is there an easy fix? I thought it might be related to tan lines.

[This discussion was created from comments split from: Updating CC to Support Tan Lines in Island Living.]

Edit: Updating the specular for each piece of cc worked for me. Other people have solved the problem by running game graphics on high.
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
Post edited by Rouensims on

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Since the patch, my female Sims are becoming shiny, like this:
    48090543941_1d41463e4c_z.jpg06-18-19_10:53:48 PM by Simmy McSimmerson, on Flickr

Is there an easy fix? I thought it might be related to tan lines.

That looks like a CC skin that needs an update, perhaps?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Surprisingly, it's just regular Maxis skin.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Surprisingly, it's just regular Maxis skin.

I have seen people posting that they are getting weird shiny sims with 3D eyelashes as well.
    Oh, thank you! Almost every one of my Sims have 3D eyelashes.

Strangely, my Sims aren't shiny today, so maybe it was just a temporary glitch. :smile:
  • vasymysvasymys Posts: 1 New Member
    I was literally just trying to find a solution to this, almost panicking even! Thank you!
    (Can't start a thread so explaining here, sorry..)
    So, this started a few hours ago when deleting all my mods (not cc) to make the doors work again... Then I probably accidentally deleted something "important" and it made it bug.
    Should I just pray for this to be gone by tomorrow since there doesn't really seem to be a way to fix it :(
    vasymys wrote: »
    I was literally just trying to find a solution to this, almost panicking even! Thank you!
    (Can't start a thread so explaining here, sorry..)
    So, this started a few hours ago when deleting all my mods (not cc) to make the doors work again... Then I probably accidentally deleted something "important" and it made it bug.
    Should I just pray for this to be gone by tomorrow since there doesn't really seem to be a way to fix it :(

Re. the doors, the mod causing that has been updated but is one that can't be named in the official forums because of the game rating.
    For mods and CC that *can* be named here, head to https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-patch
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • VikimicikeVikimicike Posts: 65 Member
    edited June 2019
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/anGDsNRg9v1yZG476Half of my sims are glowing like this, so many cc clothes can't be broken :open_mouth:

BTW.: How can I normally post pictures here so that is not only a link?
  • RhysimRhysim Posts: 1 New Member
    Some of my sims are shiny, but all over their body, hair, EVERYWHERE. I dont know how to fix it. even after taking off all skin details and hair its still doing it.
    After changing CC clothes the shining stops for me, so I am afraid that a lot of clothes cc are broken.
    This is very sad. I love cc clothing.
    It's mostly Alpha CC that's broken. Not sure if it'll work for updating that CC for that problem, but there is a Sims 4 Studio update.
    I'm pretty new to Sims 4 Studio on Mac. How do I use it to update broken Alpha CC?
  • ProtectCredenceProtectCredence Posts: 12 New Member
    Okay so somebody helped me. They said if you go to game options, you can change the sim graphics. Don't click on graphics! Click on where it says "Sim" below it and pick very high. It got rid of the shininess.
    Unfortunately, I already have them set on the highest setting.
  • sayhiorheysayhiorhey Posts: 5 New Member
    hi! i also have this problem with shiny sims and i discovered that some of the older alpha cc hairs cause that. i have my game updated to the latest patch and setting games graphics to the highest settings doesn't help so does anyone know how to fix this? i don't want to get rid of these hairs, they're one of my favourites :(
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    sayhiorhey wrote: »
    hi! i also have this problem with shiny sims and i discovered that some of the older alpha cc hairs cause that. i have my game updated to the latest patch and setting games graphics to the highest settings doesn't help so does anyone know how to fix this? i don't want to get rid of these hairs, they're one of my favourites :(
    They probably have no normal map or a messed up specular map.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • ArmyOfHardcoreArmyOfHardcore Posts: 2 New Member
    My shiny sims problem was in the CC lipstick and not in the clothes! Fortunately not all CC lipstick was broken. Just deleted the CC lipstick from the modfolder. Problem solved.
  • mariecelinedemariecelinede Posts: 2 New Member
    had the same issue with cc hairstyles and the only possible solution i found was deleting them but im kinda sad cause they were rlly pretty :( still looking into it
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    edited August 2019
    Me and my brother have the same glitch but kinda different. Always with the vampires pack, there's always a male teen sim with the scouting outfit and he is VERY shiny. Will post a picture as soon as i'm a member. -Doggers
    Post edited by L33tP33tNW on
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
    I'm finding more and more shiny CC. :(
    I've heard a lot of comments about the scouting outfit. Even though it's not CC (to the best of my knowledge), I'm wondering if it's broken.
  • ProtectCredenceProtectCredence Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Rouenpucelle said:
    > I'm finding more and more shiny CC. :(
    > I've heard a lot of comments about the scouting outfit. Even though it's not CC (to the best of my knowledge), I'm wondering if it's broken.

it could be from sims wearing cc accessories when my sims wear the scouting outfits, accessories from their Everyday wear stays on
    edited August 2019
    I have a weird issue with one of my shiny Sims. I've tried removing each piece of CC, and she just keeps being shiny. I've tried changing her clothes, and I've tried removing her facial details, makeup, hair, and accessories, but nothing is helping. It's my poor Sim in my avatar. :(
    Maybe it's the skintone or an eye colour that is not among facial details?
    Just to add, I set the sims' graphics to very high and some of the shinyness dissappeared!
  • stine99999stine99999 Posts: 7 New Member
    this was so helpfull thank you