Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please let phones be optional.

Comments

• xEnjoyTheMomentxEnjoyTheMoment Posts: 2 New Member
    I know this thread is ancient but I just came across it looking for a mod that disabled the phone because I wholeheartedly agree.

The silent option isn't silent, cause you still get texts and calls every hour. How is this silent?

I wish we could turn off/disable the phone completely. In my general playing style I never care for townies, I never travel anywhere, I have my own plans, I couldn't care less for the invites. Now currently I'm playing the history challenge and my sims be browsing the web or getting "I heard you became friends" and "come to my party" invites. NO. big no.

The texts are so useless and super annoying, I hate them, they drive me crazy. /end of rant/
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    FFS yes! This needs to be a thing where if you turn the phone on silent you don't get bothered! Sometimes I like to play households that go do most of the calls but not every household I play I like using the phone! There should totally be an on/off button.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes. Yes yes yes yes YES!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AlrynnAlrynn Posts: 44 Member
    Totally agree with the OP! Would be awesome to have an option to have or not to have a phone.
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I found a mod that allows people to call you only if you give them your number and another one that disables the idle phone animations. I can try to find the links again if anyone is interested.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, as always, it's all about options. Please give us the option.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Yes. The phones are so annoying.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I wished we could choose whether or not to use our phones too - especially in some households.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Amandèle wrote: »
    I found a mod that allows people to call you only if you give them your number and another one that disables the idle phone animations. I can try to find the links again if anyone is interested.

@Amandèle I would like the link to both of those!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• IDontVibeIDontVibe Posts: 65 Member
    I don't even have a phone - Trying to make myself and family in the Sims is sort of annoying when the people who don't even have phones are flat-out ignoring everybody else to play on their phones.
    them/they
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I also agree with this and want it to be an option in game!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I totally agree. I miss the option to buy or not buy them like Sims 2. And the houses I've built that are 80's themed, or the ones I copied from Sims 2 are missing their wall mounted phones.

Also, posting in this thread made me giggle because I answered in another thread recently "have you ever necroposted?" about how I hadn't done it myself, but occasionally commented in threads that someone else resurrected. This topic is still relevant as far as I'm concerned, but it wouldn't surprise me if they close it because it's so old.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    This would be amazing.
    With so much of the programming - especially for free lance and other careers tied to the phone - I hear it cannot be an option - even though I myself wished it was - there is reasons why this will not change.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    With so much of the programming - especially for free lance and other careers tied to the phone - I hear it cannot be an option - even though I myself wished it was - there is reasons why this will not change.

That's a bummer. If that's the case, I'd be happy with something silly like a decorative phone. Just so I could put one up where appropriate.
    lisamwitt wrote: »

That's a bummer. If that's the case, I'd be happy with something silly like a decorative phone. Just so I could put one up where appropriate.

Me too.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2019
    The times this been request is more than all my hand and feet fingers combined when counting. A simple working "turn off - cellphone" option is too much to ask. Haven't gotten in five years of the game's life, and I don't think will be getting in another lifetime decade for however plum long TS4 continues to live. Tbh, I wouldn't be waiting for Maxis to bring it, as when it will come, the thing that left of me is a dead skeleton corpse.

Completely reasonable decision from maxis. It would a shame and a bummer, If one of my omish family members couldn't partake in these jobs. That's the (my) stories I can share and tell!
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I wish they would listen a little more to those of us who want to play sims who aren't obsessed with tech now and then.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wish they could come up with more careers which didn't revolve around a pc, a phone, and social media, and or a laptop. That would be nice for a change.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member

I LOVE house phones like in TS2. At least You/We can have some cute decorative TS4 landline phones of all sorts from ATS4 found here:
    https://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/electronics_misc_06.shtml
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

LuvMySimz wrote: »

I LOVE house phones like in TS2. At least You/We can have some cute decorative TS4 landline phones of all sorts from ATS4 found here:
    https://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/electronics_misc_06.shtml

I don't have any CC for Sims 4 because I always wait until EA stops updating. I had a bunch for Sims 2 after they dropped support, but only from MTS or people affiliated with them because they've been around forever, their vetting process is fairly extensive, and the comments are usually helpful.
    But, it's cool that these are out there for someone who would like to use them.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Wow two years later and still not... Options are always the best.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    I wish we could play without phones, the next best thing is MC Command Center. I use it now and have removed the phone. It works really well and I can't say how happy I am not to be bothered by it all the time. No idle fiddling and no playing games on the phone all the time.

Now if I could do that without a mod it would be even better. Optional phone ingame would be best. Then I could let the geeks have the phone and the rest skip it.

Sorry to jump on on OLD post. MCC how do you turn off phones for children?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top