Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you wish your Sims didn't do

Comments

• Deadtech5Deadtech5 Posts: 152 Member
    When my Sims travel some place and another sim in the household, that is suppose to be working! Comes home and follows me to said lot I'm at.
    chewbacca-wink.gif
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    "Why are you leaving the book on floor? You have the neat trait, your chair is right next to the bookshelf so why aren't you putting the book back on the shelf?"

I have autonomy disabled and they still pull dumb stuff like this...

"You're a foodie, that drink is excellent quality- why the eff do you not like it?"

I actually looked that up thinking it was a bug...It's not. A drink needs to be excellent quality and made by a sim with a mixology skill of 5 or higher for a foodie to like it...

"Loner does not equate to being a butt online, stop trolling I wanted you to be nice!"

I feel like this game needs a "quiet" trait- a sim with this trait prefers the peace and quiet of home, don't require socialization and gains a powerful fine moodlet when on their home lot.

We need traits that trigger fine instead of happy and I wish my sims would stop talking or making noises all the time- you are reading a book be quiet darn it!
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Test my patience.
  • PlainConeyPlainConey Posts: 40 Member
    > @So_Money said:
    > Test my patience.

this sums it all, neat
    tumblr_pveqn05fFL1u5990do1_r7_1280.png
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I don't like their lack of manners.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2019
    I hate it when a Sim who is hungry and has to go to work in an hour decides to grab leftovers and walk upstairs to sit on a toddler bed to eat instead of sitting in the kitchen. There was plenty of time to eat (in the kitchen), but because she needed to walk upstairs, she doesn't have time to take more than maybe one bite of her food and she's gonna be late for work until she gets back downstairs and out of the door.

Also toddlers walking to the farthest possible place to sit down to eat their food, especially when they're super hungry. There's plenty of chairs and sofas to sit down and eat on the first floor, why do you need to go upstairs when you're on the verge of dying of hunger? It's worse if the toddler finally sits down and sees his building blocks and decides that it's a better idea to go play with them instead of eating. Then when I try to make him eat again he decides to go eat downstairs... If I'm lucky he won't be taken away.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Getting drinks on their own. Water, coffee, tea, juice -- I don't care what it is. Stop randomly drinking things unless I want you too! It just makes them have to pee and I have to clean up glasses/mugs from all over the house -.-

Group conversations forming when two Sims are being romantic. I know they made it better recently so others won't also be flirted with, but I don't want anyone joining the conversation if it's already romantic. Totally ruins it lol.

Others include: Toddlers not finishing their food, stopping doing things to cry even though the thing I told them to do was going to fix the problem; parents randomly picking up toddlers or canceling queues to "see what's happening" with a toddler and it's literally nothing; Sims leaving outdoor clothes on when they go inside instead of changing; Sims using my computer when they visit and never doing anything else.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I wish my sims wouldn't flirt with other sims without my say-so. Here my sim was out with his girlfriend. They kissed, and suddenly this guy with a beard runs over and slaps him, and my sim got the "caught cheating" moodlet. I had no idea what was going on, but it turned out they were in the pink somehow, must've happened when I looked away or something. Annoying. It just goes to show that you need to watch their every move all the time, ready to cancel stupid actions.
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    I could write a book, and after the update more just got added onto the list.
    1. I find it annoying how family members can't go to the bathroom while someone is taking a shower. It's not like they are exposed in a tub.
    2. Unless a Sim is on the grill, I dont like how adults in a family never cook for the entire family but just for themselves.
    3. My sims became more idle after the update. My male sim usually comes into the house after he gets off but now he stands there.
    4. After the update my sims keep taking naps instead of going to sleep, plus sometimes the kids go to sleep in someone else's bed. Also, when I cancel the nap for them to sleep instead, they dont wake up until their nap is over.
    5. The kids coming into the room all the time to socialize with the newborn. I lock them out during weekdays. Plus toddlers coming in to wake their siblings or parents up for no reason. I also lock them out during the weekdays
    6. No family activities to do with just the base game except the park
    7. Kids getting homework or report cards when theyve never even gone to school yet or been there for a week
    8. Sims not being able to take care of themselves properly even with autonomy on. They are worse with it after the update, though. They wait until their pee bladder is orange or red.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Idle animations. Especially elders and teens. The idle animations they get from the thermostat annoys me so much, the idle emotional animations too, but I found the way to disable them at least... I can't find a way to disable the elders and teens ones though.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2019
    Why do you practice so much singing? *Goes to autonomous actions in mc command center, mc tuner (a mod that you can use to disable annoying autonomous actions).

139153,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_Folk_Song1
    139173,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_Folk_Song2
    139174,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_Folk_Song3
    139175,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_Jazz_Song1
    139176,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_Jazz_Song2
    139177,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_Jazz_Song3
    139178,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_Pop_Song1
    139179,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_Pop_Song2
    139180,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_Pop_Song3
    139181,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_TheaterDrama_Song1
    139182,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_TheaterDrama_Song2
    139183,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_TheaterDrama_Song3
    139766,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_Jazz_Written_Song1
    139767,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_Jazz_Written_Song2
    139768,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_TheaterDrama_Written_Song1
    139769,singingSkill_TieredMenu_Self_TheaterDrama_Written_Song2

oh for plums sake Maxis. Did you have to add all these songs?
  • simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    If your sim has the misfortune to max out their positive reputation, whenever they go Anywhere, everyone will stop what they're doing and "REACT POSITIVELY TO SIM'S PRESENCE" by wiggling hands with a beatific expression on their faces.

If your sim is the slightest bit uncomfortable, tense or embarrassed, Anything romantic they say will vehemently repulse the other sim.

Finally, the age old... "sorry, cannot have woohoo on my bed because one side of it is pushed to the wall". Just say you hate me.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    -Washing dishes in the bathroom sink. I swear my current family hasn't used the kitchen sink once in their new house, and they've been living there for around half of a sim year.
    -"Reacting positively to sim's presence". And I had it when they cancel all of the actions I have queued up to do that instead.
    -Random sims joining my sims' conversations. Go away! I wasn't talking to you!
    -My sims acting like they can't take care of their babies because the cat is in front of the bassinet. Realistically, you would think they could still reach the baby but apparently not.
    -When they nap instead of sleeping even though it's like, 1 AM
    -The constant phone calls and invites out
    -If there's a tombstone or urn on the lot, they constantly go over to it to mourn. And sometimes they didn't even know the person!
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    My adult sims spending money by using the grill when someone is making something in the kitchen.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    1. Sims taking out hundreds of books and not putting any back in!
    2. Sims running everywhere.. I would prefer to choose if they walk or run. It makes it most realistic if they have time and just walk back home rather than run like they suddenly need to write on the computer
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited August 2019
    I wish the sims wouldn't go away early on during a date, and then complain about it.
  • BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    When a child has a monster under his or her bed, and wakes up THE WHOLE HOUSE. While I hurry to let the one with the most energy spray the monster, some children (not all) will go on and wake up absolutely everyone.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited August 2019
    All the movements and noises sims make in CAS. I'm not expecting them to be dead inside, but not every moment has to be filled with noise.
    Biggest offender is CAS vampires. Stop hissing
    EMrBkJP.png
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Bandak wrote: »
    When a child has a monster under his or her bed, and wakes up THE WHOLE HOUSE. While I hurry to let the one with the most energy spray the monster, some children (not all) will go on and wake up absolutely everyone.

Exactly the reason I used a mod to stop his completely.
    Also, monsters under the bed, is it some American stereotype I am too European to understand? It just makes no sense to me whatsoever. Toddler nightmares, that makes some sense, but this?...
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    1. Random Sims that join in on the conversation when I don't want them to - nobody does this in real life. Seriously, take a hike!

2. Guests helping themselves to leftovers in the fridge.

3. Guests helping themselves to glasses of water one after the other.

4. Guests playing on the computer the whole time when there's a welcome wagon.

5. Sims constantly getting tense when there's a thunderstorm - there's just no need for a Sim to become tense when they've experienced multiple thunderstorms already.

6. Guests sleeping or napping in my Sims bed.

7. Sims that don't immediately stop what they're doing when you've cancelled an action.

8. Getting phone calls or messages even though the phone is on silent.

9. When a Sim finishes a book and they put it on the dining room table and sit down instead of putting it away.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    edited August 2019
    Oh, also the "Hey, I heard you just became friends with so-and-so, he's pretty cool!" texts, I don't need to be congratulated on becoming friends with my infant son who you haven't even met, stop it.
  • RebeccaJeanine71RebeccaJeanine71 Posts: 31 Member
    I've noticed this since I've had sims 4. I write stories with the snapshots I take during the game. I prefer to have my sims sitting down near each other while they converse...but literally EVERY time I 'command' them to sit... then I click on each to talk... every one of them has a mind of their own... they want to stand to talk...even when I click "Sit here and talk" they sit for a minute...then get up again. Well, every since I downloaded Sims Island Living and Strangerville...they do it even more! My autonomy is turned completely off as well... I would think by now one of the updates would have fixed it!!!
  • CheiriPixieCheiriPixie Posts: 80 Member
    Putting dirty dishes in her inventory
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    1. Not eating their meals completely in restaurants.
    2. Elder sims still being able to use parenting commands on young adults.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    Flirting with other Sims they have no romantic interest in, although I think it's partly because of the More Personality mod.