Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are there strangers in my sim's home?

At the moment I have two sims that none of the household members have ever met, the only options are to introduce. They walked right into my sim's home, and have made themselves at home. One was playing on the computer, and now is watching TV, while the other is helping themselves to the leftovers in the fridge, and making themselves a drink at the bar. I don't have any Lot Traits for this lot. I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but this is taking place in Sulani. Any ideas why this is going on?

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    This has been happening to me since Island Living (and it happens especially in Sulani) so it’s probably just another bug introduced by IL. I use MCCC to command them to leave.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Actually I think that's.... A feature, in Sulani.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    At the moment I have two sims that none of the household members have ever met, the only options are to introduce. They walked right into my sim's home, and have made themselves at home. One was playing on the computer, and now is watching TV, while the other is helping themselves to the leftovers in the fridge, and making themselves a drink at the bar. I don't have any Lot Traits for this lot. I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but this is taking place in Sulani. Any ideas why this is going on?

That's a feature :D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Wait... This is MEANT to happen?! :o what genius thought that was a good idea?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Wait... This is MEANT to happen?! :owhat genius thought that was a good idea?

Everyone who made Island Living apparently. It's part of the islands culture to be very "friendly" and burst into your neighbour's houses whenever.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Toby92Toby92 Posts: 10 New Member
    Its happening to me not in Sulani
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I don't have that problem in Sulani, I also lock my doors to all but household :)
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    It's happening to me outside of Sulani too, that's why I just moved to Forgotten Hollow where I disabled the walkby situation all together with a mod. Still, out of Sulani I think it's not supposed to happen. I dislike this feature greatly.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    This is not happening to me (yet), I do not have IL, but installed the patch released just before IL release.

I think it sounds cool if it would happen only on that island as a different cultural thing.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    If islanders are moving into houses NOT in Sulani, it can very well happen in other worlds too. They just bring their friendliness with them, they are still islanders.

The Private Dwelling lot trait doesn't get rid of all the visits, but at least the Extra Food people don't show up (my vamps don't eat, and celebs don't enjoy the "normal" quality food). I just dislike to use a trait slot for PD, just to get some peace and quiet and not have my house invaded. The best place to live in Sulani, is Mua Pel'am. Few neighbours there (and they are usually my own sims anyway), especially since I've made Calder Camp generic, so my non-Sulani sims can visit whenever.

If they are extra determined and come into my house anyway, MCCC will make them leave. Or of course using vamp powers/command.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    When a feature gets reported as a bug on Answer HQ.... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-IL-Unwanted-House-Guests-in-Sulani-amp-at-Sulani-Parties/td-p/7964118

I really wonder if this was by design, it seems so annoying.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2019
    I haven't noticed this yet in Sulani. I keep finding food left on the doorstep though from me missing visitors. Something I did notice last night when playing was occasionally sims would be knocking on the door but from the inside of the house. They don't do it every time though so I don't think it's a door placed wrong issue. :D
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    This has definitely been happening to me living on the Island, even sims that have not met my sim walk right in. I have noticed that the homes I have seen it in have a ladder of some sort. I will have to look to see if it happens in the home I have that is not on the water and has no ladder. Makes me wonder if all the Islanders (homeless ones included) come with a hidden always welcome trait they take seriously lol
  • Jemjem96Jemjem96 Posts: 8 New Member
    This happens to me in Sulani too. I've also noticed that if I throw a party, random Sulani locals will show up instead of the people I've invited :D Think they're just a bit cheeky.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I find it annoying to the point of verbally bashing my save file.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    One more reason I'm glad I didn't get IL. Another reason to have police. Where I live such behavior is known as tresspassing, and gets you into legal trouble. Depending on means of entry, it could also be B&E, which is a criminal offense. Seems our wonderful devs have no concept of proper behaviour or social boundaries.
  • pnr8555pnr8555 Posts: 18 Member
    Island Living, or even a patch for it, are not worth it, so I don't even got it in the first place as well. A bit off, it's really defeating my purpose to have joggers in Windenburg countryside or island (where I usually place my home lots).

It seems that every June patch every year brings some almost experience-breaking stuffs so far.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I don't have Island Living yet but had this happen to me when I first downloaded the base game and didn't know about locking doors 😅

Is this happening even when sims doors are locked to everyone but household members, or is that not even an option in this expansion pack?
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Sims with the Goofy trait can enter a household without permission. Double check it. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This is really suppose to happen? I found this so annoying. It got to the point where I locked my door and then people started coming from my backyard. They would jump in my pool (which covers almost the entire yard) and swim to my house then make themselves at home. Lol. I had to fence the whole area :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I’ve had this happen. Very annoying! I use MCCC to force them out! I hate having to juggle locks on doors when they want to invite a friend or have a party!
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited August 2019
    Not my favorite feature either. But if I'm playing in Sulani I just embrace the suck and serve them kava. If I'm not playing in Sulani, I introduce my sim and then select "ask all to leave".
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I hate this, it's at its most intrusive if you use one of the lots in the sulani village neighbourhood. I kill all the offending sims. It pretty much makes the neighbourhood unplayable for me.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.