Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you like downloading from the community shared gallery? What works and what doesn't?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Lots! I have been slowly learning to build, but it takes such a long time (especially decorating!). This is why I often search for nice lots from the gallery and edit them a bit if needed.

I try to avoid downloading sims, because I already have so many... but I have loaded a few. The most memorable one was a pregnant couple with a toddler. I deleted the toddler, and I'm glad I did, because the woman had triplets. The babies weren't related to the man, so I decided they weren't a couple but just friends and the man was helping her to take care of the newborns.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited July 2019
    mostly houses though lately not so much
    because i started ambitious project of remaking all the worlds with my own builds be it ugly or nah

also never really into adding other peoples sims in my game its just idk
    I don't even use townies either tbh because they don't mix with my sims
    (though thats probably just because im making weird sims)

I don't feel there is anything wrong with cas though regarding making manly sims its totally possible
    its all just player preferences like meanwhile some might find it fun to build toilets other might find it most boring thing

there just happens to be more players that love making feminine/ less masculine sims sharing their sims
    or for some reason those sims are more popular and that is why they show up more
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    aamaya31aamaya31 Posts: 39 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    I download lots, since I hate building, and Sims to add as townies, families because the game does a bad job of creating them as well as single Sims.

I wish there was a way to block, delete, ban any gallery items that are mis- tagged. I hate searching for "#geek" and having tons of pretty, sexy, model sims, none of whom have the geek trait show up.

I agree on the mis-tagging. Sometimes I'll read through and they're tagging things that don't even apply! It makes for very difficult searching when you're looking for something specific. There should be a flag button that reports them, or like you said - block/delete/ban
  • Options
    aamaya31aamaya31 Posts: 39 Member

I'm not surprised that there seems to be more female than male sims on the gallery. Male sims generally seem to get less content and I really hope they get more attention in the future. I may be in the minority here(?), but I actually tend to create/play more male than female sims and I don't personally find masculine unique looking sims any harder to create. CAS is one of my favourite things about TS4 and I have seen lots of really interesting looking male sims from simmers on the forums. Some more clothing, accessories and body/facial hair for male sims would definitely help though.

Yes, I have a hard time with male clothing. The pants are terrible. Hopefully Maxis does more as you suggested.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    Anything that isn’t a residential lot, because if I look for a starter home, the #starterhome is used on lots that aren’t starter homes.

This. Welcome to the Gallery, where the starter home threshold seems to be 37,000 simoleons.
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Sometimes I will download households to fill my town with. If I am feeling lazy I will download houses to live in, but I don't do this often because I like building my own things. Otherwise I will download community lots so my sims have things to do such as bars, parks, clubs, etc. :)
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    I download lots, since I hate building, and Sims to add as townies, families because the game does a bad job of creating them as well as single Sims.

I wish there was a way to block, delete, ban any gallery items that are mis- tagged. I hate searching for "#geek" and having tons of pretty, sexy, model sims, none of whom have the geek trait show up.

I know! Whenever I look for "#MaxisCreates", 75% of the things that come up have nothing to do with Maxis at all.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    I download starter homes and I also download groups of people of all ages for my legacy challenges.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    When I first started playing I didn't understand how to build so I downloaded any lot I needed. Now I build most things but am too lazy / impatient to work on large builds so still download mansions and parks.

I like to add variety to my townies by downloading sims which look very different from my usual sims - getting genetic diversity in the population. I especially like to download well done celebrity lookalikes.

I might download several of a certain lot type to get ideas on how to use build objects then delete them all and make an original design that has elements from several different builds but is still a unique creation.
  • Options
    SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    I love building and what I build changes with my mood. I recently wiped all of the worlds clean and started fresh with a theme for each and built some and found others in the gallery or used gallery creations as starting points or inspiration. I don't usually download sims unless I'm trying to fill up a town and uninspired.
    I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
  • Options
    SylvanasSylvanas Posts: 40 New Member
    I download houses from the gallery and place them unfurnished, then decorate them. I absolutely adore interior decorating but don't have patience for the exterior (minus the backyard). I've only built one house and it turned out with a horrible floor plan. Maybe I'll do a remaster of it someday.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I've downloaded a couple of families for townies, and I upload a lot of sims I create, but 99% of the time I just download lots
  • Options
    CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    I mostly download sims because I like the creativity and surprise of possible skills and traits (though most don't have skills :-( ).

Occasionally I will download lots if I'm looking for a specific theme and I just want to play my family without building. I mostly build my own since I get annoyed by lack of functionality and wasted space. I find my sims do just fine with a 2x3 bathroom and sometimes even a 1x3 powder room. They don't need huge bathrooms or bedrooms and I prefer larger living areas for them. I usually find myself tweaking lots I've downloaded.
    I do appreciate other's nice landscaping too (I'm not so great at it) but I hate the fact it costs so much because I like to play without cheats.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I've downloaded a ton of lots over the years and I'm not stopping, I like to change things up a lot in my game. I also realize that I have a bunch of rooms downloaded too. I dont have as many households downloaded though.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free