Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite room in the house to design or decorate?

Comments

• SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Other
    Everything is the only right answer. Sometimes I'm just about to begin making a house in the morning, and in the evening I'm like "Aaaaaah,
    finally done!"
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Bedroom
    Bedrooms the most - especially toddlers, kids and teens. I find you can really match a bedroom to the personality of the Sim. Hopefully we get more decorative items for toddlers through teens as the game expands.
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    Living Room/Den
    I chose living rooms as I spend most of my time there in real life. I also like to match the living rooms to my sims personality, sometimes warm and cosy, sometimes cold and chic etc.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    I love designing kitchens.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Bedroom
    Children's bedrooms.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Office/Desk Area
    I like building studies and/or libraries.
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Other
    I went with other because many of the homes I build or decorate are open concept so I get living room, dining room and kitchen all in the same space. I always do those first because I like to use those spaces to set the tone for the rest of the house and the style and color pallet for all adult spaces. Kids rooms are always individual from the adult spaces especially child and teen spaces and are frequently opposite in style and or color choice to the parent(s).
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Other
    I like creating Master Suites, kitchens and bathrooms best.

I love creating music rooms and a home gym in all my builds too.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • PlainConeyPlainConey Posts: 40 Member
    Bedroom
    Same as @Repo , but I chose bedroom because I usually build up the 'house' (room?) based on what bedroom looks like. So like, it's a house alright, but 70% of it is the bedroom portion and the rest is up to the sims' peronalities - if they're neat the room portions are balanced, if they're lazy the bathroom portion is cut, if they're a glutton the kitchen portion is bigger, etc.
    tumblr_pveqn05fFL1u5990do1_r7_1280.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Other
    I like to make Kids Rooms the most. They always feels so bright and cheery!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    I love decorating and designing rooms but kitchens seem to have endless possibilities in terms of look and style and layout. They are a room your sim uses a lot so your hard work appears on screen frequently. (Lavish bathrooms are a close second).
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Other
    Seems I enjoy decorating entire apartments. <3
    I am in the process of renovating all, or at least nearly all, of San Myshuno.
    I haven’t done much with 17 Culpepper, except added a computer rig and laundry really. And I barely tweaked the Bheeda’s apartment, even though I’m not a real fan of their style. But I’ve kicked out other pre-made households and taken over their lots for my own Sims/ends.
    I think what makes apartments so fun for me is that I can concentrate on the interior decorating, and making a fairly small space personal to each Sim/family. I don’t have to worry about building shape, placing walls, extensive landscaping...
  • SylvanasSylvanas Posts: 40 New Member
    Other
    All of the above except for living rooms! I redecorate the interiors of gallery and Maxis houses a lot, so I've found joy in decorating every room... except the living room. I don't know why but I can never figure out where to put anything in it!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    Other
    Sylvanas wrote: »
    All of the above except for living rooms! I redecorate the interiors of gallery and Maxis houses a lot, so I've found joy in decorating every room... except the living room. I don't know why but I can never figure out where to put anything in it!

big mood with living rooms its always too hard trying to make everything make sense :sweat_smile: but found making small "movie room" for kids and teens and small sitting room or library for the adults nicely rids me off the problem :sunglasses: since i can focus on making just one theme and layouts get much easier
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    I like kitchens because there is a ton of kitchen clutter to use, and I have fun with odd shapes and nooks for all kinds of things. I can go rustic, modern, victorian, it's no wonder they're my favorite room.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Other
    Not sure I have a favorite.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited July 2019
    Bedroom
    I like bedrooms, especially kids’ rooms, because they have the most personality. I often further personalize them by adding things like birth certificates, collectibles, selfies, and school projects.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Other
    I don't really have a favorite room. I like the building part first, then landscaping and last is furnishings/decor. Its more of a chore I have to put up with, for my sims to live there :# probably why my houses are fairly minimalistic in the beginning. I add stuff and rearrange things as time passes.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Bedroom
    The master bedroom to be exact. It is always decorated in very dark, masculine colors to reflect the personalities of the male sims in my saves.

Now for the female master bedrooms those are very light and airy with an almost ethereal feel to them.
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    I'm not sure why... I just like putting the kitchens together... :o

y16CD6u.png
    bNeoYdi.jpg
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Other
    Mainly because I like decorating the kitchen but I like landscaping more. I find terrain painting to be sort of relaxing in a weird way.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    Bedroom
    I'm not really a passionate builder or anything but I enjoy decorating the bedrooms the most, alongside with gardens. I feel like bedrooms are a good way to express each sim's personality.
    gGelhII.png
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited July 2019
    Bathroom
    I like big and comfy bathrooms. I'm very bad at building and decorating and I rather don't do those things myself, but bathrooms are the only rooms I do like to get creative with.

Sometimes when my Sims live in a tiny cheap house the bathroom is the biggest room with good quality items and flowers and candles in it. I like to pamper my Sims with soak baths in candle light.
  • PrinceSarahPrinceSarah Posts: 18 Member
    Bedroom
    This was a close one for me, but I love all the little touches you can put in to make it homely! Second for me would be the kitchen, for the same reasons.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    Oh wow, we all like kitchens. Bedrooms were a close second.