March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims mobile vs freeplay

LOL I'm sorry I just don't understand why they had to make 2 different mobile games. Smh what do you think? Which do you like better?
Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims

Comments

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I prefer Freeplay. I have tried Sims Mobile but deleted it as it just wasn't as fun as I thought it was going to be.
  • MonsterMashMamaMonsterMashMama Posts: 1 New Member
    Originally I liked Freeplay better but I'd say they're pretty even now. There are different aspects of each that I really like.
  • nhoa_97nhoa_97 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm still figuring out TSM, but I've played TSF for years (stopped 2-3 years ago) and what I've never liked about it are the quests' limited time to complete them and long hours some actions last. In comparison to TSM it's better if you like playing with different households, building different homes and playing with 8 sims (I think), because in TSM there are only 4 Sims available and one household.

The Sims Mobile: it has TS4 content, which I love; although the prices and money you earn is not balanced and some people say prices go up as you progress in the game (like in TSF, but at a much rapid pace). IMO the interaction's menu between Sims is not clear enough, because if you're a first-time player it can mislead you, like it's happened to lots of players, me included. Sims can't be deleted, stories can't be changed, but different events can take place at the same time, which allows players to do multiple things at once.

The Sims Freeplay: it has grown over the years and has original content (build and buy mode). There are many lots to place your Sims and it's a great idea, you create their relationships with your own Sims, there aren't NPCs. There are no stories to complete, you just choose is it's a friendship, romantic relationship or enmity. You can have pets, visit you friends households (from FB) and establish relationships with them.

(There are more characteristics that I may not have covered because I don't know them yet or I forgot)

I haven't played TSF in a long time, I left it when there were apartments available, but I think TSM is a combination of TSF and TS4, I suppose it will change over time as TSF did, and expand its word. They are different but have similarities. Personally I prefer TSM now, I don't know if in a few months I will hate it, but that's my view on both games. :)
  • Ellie_McConnell70Ellie_McConnell70 Posts: 40 Member
    I've tried TSF and TSM and I prefer TSM. It's easier to dip in and out of for a start. Where as TSF seems overly complicated and more work. I don't have an issue with work lol! But sometimes I can't dedicate the time to complete tasks and I feel that TSF maybe a game I need to dedicate the time too
  • TheSillyArchitectTheSillyArchitect Posts: 17 Member
    > @nhoa_97 said:
    > I'm still figuring out TSM, but I've played TSF for years (stopped 2-3 years ago) and what I've never liked about it are the quests' limited time to complete them and long hours some actions last. In comparison to TSM it's better if you like playing with different households, building different homes and playing with 8 sims (I think), because in TSM there are only 4 Sims available and one household.
    >
    > The Sims Mobile: it has TS4 content, which I love; although the prices and money you earn is not balanced and some people say prices go up as you progress in the game (like in TSF, but at a much rapid pace). IMO the interaction's menu between Sims is not clear enough, because if you're a first-time player it can mislead you, like it's happened to lots of players, me included. Sims can't be deleted, stories can't be changed, but different events can take place at the same time, which allows players to do multiple things at once.
    >
    > The Sims Freeplay: it has grown over the years and has original content (build and buy mode). There are many lots to place your Sims and it's a great idea, you create their relationships with your own Sims, there aren't NPCs. There are no stories to complete, you just choose is it's a friendship, romantic relationship or enmity. You can have pets, visit you friends households (from FB) and establish relationships with them.
    >
    > (There are more characteristics that I may not have covered because I don't know them yet or I forgot)
    >
    > I haven't played TSF in a long time, I left it when there were apartments available, but I think TSM is a combination of TSF and TS4, I suppose it will change over time as TSF did, and expand its word. They are different but have similarities. Personally I prefer TSM now, I don't know if in a few months I will hate it, but that's my view on both games. :)

Thank you for this, I was also wondering what the differences are now my mind is clear, I have tried TSF and TSM and I have to say I prefer TSM as like a few others said you can hop in and out of the game.
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    This is really off topic - but instead of 2 sims games I wish they would make a sims forum app! That would be so cool.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Honestly I prefer Freeplay. Sims mobile is so boring I tried it for a few hours and immediately deleted. The energy and the taping multiple times to do something gets really old. I also hate how it re-uses TS4 stuff, which they are re-selling at outrageously expensive prices.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TheSillyArchitectTheSillyArchitect Posts: 17 Member
    > @JosieAnglin said:
    > This is really off topic - but instead of 2 sims games I wish they would make a sims forum app! That would be so cool.

wait what as in an app for your phone?
  • SuezySuezy Posts: 33 Member
    What's the difference between The Sims free play and the Sims mobile ?? I just don't get it 🤔 hmm..😁
  • Daddysgirl1982Daddysgirl1982 Posts: 8 New Member
    I love the sims full stop as I have both the sims mobile and free play on my phone.
    I also have the sims 3 on the xbox 360.
  • neuroandproudneuroandproud Posts: 67 Member
    I didn't care much for TSF because of the gardening aspect. I stopped playing years ago. TSM is more fun, imo.
    Kaydin/KayKay
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    I prefer Freeplay. I've been playing it off and on for years, it doesn't feel so busy. At least the babies move more freely, lol
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    FreePlay will always have a place in my heart. It introduced me to the Sims franchise and I was an avid player (:
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Freeplay was better in terms of being more "classic" sims game. I say it was because now is full of ads that you only can turn off if you are vip3. I don't know about you but I will never pay real money for a mobile game so it became annoying and not free to play anymore! But in terms of gameplay, is way better than mobile despite long real time actions.
  • JohnTheSim96JohnTheSim96 Posts: 43 Member
    Sims Mobile is good, The Sims FreePlay, is, Uhm, just, bad.
  • ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    To be honest, I prefer The Sims 3 game.

Both TSF and TSM have advantages. I think I like TSM better.
  • RJB2525RJB2525 Posts: 8 New Member
    Sims mobile is way way better.
  • Deevana19Deevana19 Posts: 1 New Member
    I thougt sim mobile on handphone much better. I see on youtube is so good isnt it? https://shrinke.me/06msHG
  • CausingNickel0CausingNickel0 Posts: 20 Member
    TS Freeplay has much better gameplay. It has plenty of quest, you can build plenty of houses and have a huge amount of playable sims. The Sims Mobile is extremely boring. It has only some 2-3 repeatable events, which are very boring. That game has almost no gameplay. It has stories to complete but they are boring and dull.

These two games are completey different.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Even though The Sims Mobile isn’t perfect, I still prefer The Sims Mobile over The Sims Freeplay. Better graphics is one of my reasons I enjoy The Sims Mobile more. That and in The Sims Mobile, you can makeover the townie NPC’s which is cool in my opinion.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Jmaraa wrote: »
    LOL I'm sorry I just don't understand why they had to make 2 different mobile games. Smh what do you think? Which do you like better?
    Suezy wrote: »
    What's the difference between The Sims free play and the Sims mobile ?? I just don't get it 🤔 hmm..😁

Sims Freeplay is a really old mobile game that came out during Sims 3's era, while Sims Mobile has better graphics and was made during Sims 4's era. There's been tons of old mobile and ds sim games and spin-offs. But TSF and TSM are the ones that are well off enough for EA to continue updating them.

The gameplay for both are a bit different, imo The Sims Mobile is more similar to The Sims Social facebook game (which was shut down rip), while Sims Freeplay is uh... kinda really different from anything else the sims has done. Gameplay-wise they're both fine (for an app game). Playing Sims 2 or even Sims 1 would be more fun, but I don't think either TSF or TSM are bad.