Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Yesterday I learned that sometimes a sim who loses their suit by jumping in a pool can get a confident moodlet instead of an embarrassed one. And the text for that moodlet is "Oh, did my suit come off? You're welcome!"

I suspect is was because the sim was confident at the time he jumped, but he also has the erratic trait. Every otehr sim has been embarrassed by the experience.
  • simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    OMG If you are in Strangerville, and working as a Freelance programmer, you get a special top secret [REDACTED] task. Sounds mysterious.

Tbh idk if this is endemic to Strangerville, like the infection.
    Update: my computer literally broke when i tried to study the national security systems for the above mentioned gig... so yeah... we're up to no good.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Do you have Seasons? Do you play rotationally?

If so, have one household grow money trees. And when you rotate away from this household, other households you play can visit their lot and harvest from the trees. Share the wealth!
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Today I discovered that the cute children’s shelf with a rainbow has a bunch of other gorgeous swatches. o:)
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited July 2019
    Oh @calaprfy that is awesome! Good to know as I am playing a rotation! I have never used the money tree and don't like to cheat, how much is usually on a tree?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    Perhaps you all knew this, but: A spare in my legacy had his boyfriend over. They woohooed in the rocket ship. Meanwhile, a different family member could use the computer to watch a transmission of the woohoo rocket ship trip (the video was basically of the rocket in space, surrounded by hearts).

Perhaps you can also watch a transmission when an astronaut sim explores space?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Oh @calaprfy that is awesome! Good to know as I am playing a rotation! I have never used the money tree and don't like to cheat, how much is usually on a tree?

@Dglbr1969 The money tree produces between $8000 and $21000 a day, depending on its evolution stage. However, it can only be harvested once per day. Also, the money does not accumulate, so if you miss a day's harvest you don't get two days harvest the next.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have been playing in Willow Creek, and only just realized that there are streetcars in the more upscale neighborhoods!

Also, I am (re-) watching The Princess and the Frog on Netflix and realizing how much Willow Creek looks like the imaginary, Disney version of New Orleans (because I have seen the real one, and WC is not very close). The movie even has the same streetcars, in the same color. :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I have been playing in Willow Creek, and only just realized that there are streetcars in the more upscale neighborhoods!

Also, I am (re-) watching The Princess and the Frog on Netflix and realizing how much Willow Creek looks like the imaginary, Disney version of New Orleans (because I have seen the real one, and WC is not very close). The movie even has the same streetcars, in the same color. :)

Willow Creek is actually based off New Orleans. <3 Windenberg is based off Germany, I believe.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    If sim with low bladder tries to intentionally fart, they will receive some unique embarrased moodlet that says like this 1J2rzwN.png very funny lol

That's so funny. Sims can 🐸🐸🐸🐸 their pants. lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2019
    HillyBeth wrote: »

Willow Creek is actually based off New Orleans. <3 Windenberg is based off Germany, I believe.

Windenburg has multiple European influences, mainly England, Germany and France.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    HillyBeth wrote: »

Windenburg has multiple European influences, mainly England, Germany and France.

I was half-right. Lol! <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

@Dglbr1969 The money tree produces between $8000 and $21000 a day, depending on its evolution stage. However, it can only be harvested once per day. Also, the money does not accumulate, so if you miss a day's harvest you don't get two days harvest the next.

Oh wow, 21k? That's like a basic house's bills fully paid. I guess I've been ignoring my money tree because I've only been hitting that 8k-ish mark on the one I had growing LOL. Nice to know!
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2019
    There is a gender preference setting in this game, it's designed to be 0~100 points for male and female preference. The gender preference points will rise based on the gender a sim choose to romantically interact with. As far as I know, the pre-made non-married NPC sims and the sims you create all begin with 0 point in both part. The married ones will have the 100 preference based on their partner's gender. The NPC created for some job, such as gym trainer, mixologist...etc, all have random preference, usually 100 for both, which means they are bi. And this preference setting isn't just for adult! Children and teens created by the game will start with different preference as well. I once saw a player here shared a boy with 100 preference for male. Let's just say he figured that out pretty early, right?

This preference setting is somehow meaningless when it comes to a player-to-NPC situation, since you can alter it. Just romantically interact with him or her! His or her preference will change based on your sim's gender. But it has huge impact on NPC! When I saw a two same-sex NPC "do stuff" with each other, they both had 100 points in the preference of their gender. One time I saw a new-made male NPC with 100 male preference, then MCCC recruited him to a men club that I made to interact with another women club, but he never did anything to that female club members when clubbing. Once I changed his preference to 100 in female, he "ended up" with a random girl who wasn't even in that women club that I made! LOL!

Anyway, my point is, there are straight, gay and bi sims! Go find out what those NPC prefer by watching whom they choose to do romantic stuffs with!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Apparently sims that are evil and tip just 1 simoleon will laugh minacally because it's just so darn EVVVVVVVVVVVVVIL to give very small tips. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member

8000 is not bad for a once off, may just do that! thanks @calaprfy
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    One more tip for money trees: If you put it into family inventory before harvesting, you'll get the actual fruit to plant - and can thus start growing a money tree groves. Harvesting the tree only gives you money, not plantable fruits.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    Sims can drink from two differ
    reWhj4j.pngent drinks hahaha
    I knew couples could kiss in the ocean. I didn't know they could kiss in pools!
    48438948112_b24e2677ab_o.png
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Does produce /flowers accumulate if you dont harvest daily on other plants?
    If sims spend a lot of time with household members they can get a tense moodlet saying they are tired of their family
    I got SUCH a scare just now!!! I was in first person mode, my sim was seated, and reading a book. She had just moved into a large well-furnished but empty house. I turned the camera angle to the wall behind my sim where there was a portrait of Lord Lycan. And instead of his human face, there was a werewolf's head. I had no idea this happened IN the game, although I knew the lore behind the painting. I zoomed in really close to his face after leaving first person mode, but it didn't happen again. I don't know if Lady Sanguina's painting shows a vampire face now and then.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    If sims spend a lot of time with household members they can get a tense moodlet saying they are tired of their family

I wonder which trait causes that? Loner maybe?
    edited August 2019
    NRowe wrote: »

I wonder which trait causes that? Loner maybe?

My sim had the cheerful and art lover trait and was doing the fishing aspiration when she got it. She was also a notable newcomer.. She wasn't a loner though

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top