Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If they were doing a major free update, what would you want to see?

Comments

• IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Also, in the Doctor and Vet careers, as you learn things about illnesses, that information should get added to your notebook for you to look up, like fishing information and case information is.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Also, in the Doctor and Vet careers, as you learn things about illnesses, that information should get added to your notebook for you to look up, like fishing information and case information is.

The notebook should be way more expanded - such as adding the recipes for cooking/herbalism (so you don't need to click the fridge/stove/whatever) to see the recipes.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    Relaxing and other Interactions when the sims are laying in bed. I don't know why this isn't a thing yet when both TS2 and TS3 had it.
  • DijaliciousDijalicious Posts: 23 Member
    For now all I'd really love is if my sims will eat at the dinner table and not just stand around in the kitchen :|
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    For now all I'd really love is if my sims will eat at the dinner table and not just stand around in the kitchen :|

True story.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

agree
    though for me personally,
    I wish they had not made the vet career sooooo easy.
    there's no challenge at all in it.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    Building: Stairs at a 45degree angle; stairs in pool so they could walk in.
    I'd also like some better terrain colors and/or more that match to floor tiles. Sometimes the pattern exists but the colors don't, etc.
    Gameplay: Restaurant times and meal times in general are waaaaay too long and should be fixed to be more realistic.
    I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
    edited July 2019
    marcel21 wrote: »

agree
    though for me personally,
    I wish they had not made the vet career sooooo easy.
    there's no challenge at all in it.

Agreed. It was almost certainly a reaction to the Doctor career, which you need to have a guide open at all times to play, because the game doesn't keep track of which symptoms/illnesses you've encountered or learned about before (like, for instance, in the notebook!!!) so you either have to have a catalogue of a few dozen variable imaginary illnesses and all their combinations of symptoms in your head, or you have to use a guide.

If they'd had a Doctor Career notebook from the start, I don't think they would have had to make the Vet career so comparably easy. But I imagine that people (not wrongly) complained that the Doctor career is too hard. And it is! If you're trying to learn to play it without ever looking up the answers it's more frustrating than fun.

A re-working of it like they did for fishing, where you now learn things that get stored away in a notebook you can reference, would completely fix the problem.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    1) Pond tool
    2) Babies being a real life stage and editable in CAS
    3) Cars
    4) NPCs like cops, robbers, firefighters, repo-man, and Mrs. Crumplebottom
    5) Color wheel
    6) Aspiration failures

Would be interesting if someone made an updated list to this:
    https://v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.858050-89-Features-Missing-From-The-Sims-4
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Also: Get To Work locations need to be updated to take Seasons into account.

Right now it's pretty easy to work around this with the bb.enablefreebuild cheat. But if you have both Seasons and Get To Work, work offices don't have thermostats, which makes for a very chilly work environment.

(My roommate is playing the doctor career for the first time, and talking to me about what she's doing as she goes. She was thrown off by their cold breath and thought it was a symptom she didn't recognize.)
    Sometimes I stream.

I miss being able to "scan the room" in a community lot and Sims that are compatible/attractive to the active Sim would glow. Now you don't know who in the room might be compatible at all - I realize it's more like real life to "get to know" and learn their traits and decide if you want to go down the romantic route, but I'd really rather the romance develop a LITTLE more organically.

It doesn't seem that a Sim is more or less attracted to any Sim at all. I miss setting attractions like hair color or body type and then letting SimNature take its course!
    > @Ivyeyed said:
    > Also, in the Doctor and Vet careers, as you learn things about illnesses, that information should get added to your notebook for you to look up, like fishing information and case information is.

I had to find the cheat list and print it for reference to diagnose my patients - that would be a much better solution!
  • TheSillyArchitectTheSillyArchitect Posts: 17 Member
    - Cars
    - More Jobs.
    -Free the babies.
    -More Jobs.
    -More Jobs.
  • SimEclipseSimEclipse Posts: 4 New Member
    pretty much adding on to what everyone else has said:

- free the babies!! right now they're pretty much objects. so boring!
    - working cars, or AT LEAST a realistic alternative to sims just vanishing off the lot to go to work/school.
    - preteens. or at least changing the teen lifestate to be more realistic and less adultlike.
    - match the wood swatches better please!
    - chemistry, attrativeness, turn-ons and turn-offs.
    - police, firemen, and burglars.
    - an overhaul of the traits system. more traits, more slots for traits. traits that actually matter and have an impact on the sim's personality besides a random +1 moodlet every few days.
    - some of the older base game hairs should be remade to the standards of some of the new hairs.
    - and finally, stop putting my toddler back into the freaking high chair!
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I would so love a pond tool, lowered fountains are still too jagged and manufactured looking. On that note, I wish we also had rounded walls, for buildings, pools and fountains, that would address the first point if they didn't want to allow us to make ponds, but also allow us to make lovely turrets etc.

I would also love to triangular windows, or even better, glass walls, ideal for greenhouses, conservatories, apexes and sun rooms.
    edited August 2019
    I'd also love to see an update to holidays/traditions that would specify a giver/recipient of traditions (when applicable).

So, like, default is as it currently is, and all traditions are general. But then you could make it like

"give gifts"
    - to everyone
    - to family
    - to siblings
    - to parents
    - to significant other
    - to strangers
    - to children
    - to teenagers
    - to adults
    - to coworkers
    - to friends

etc.

And we could decide on individual holidays both who certain traditions apply to. Like "ignores this (from being a child)" but we could personally set it holiday by holiday. And we could decide where traditions are directed from one sim to another.

So you could make like a Parents Day (like Mother's/Father's Day), and have traditions be like
    "Give Gifts" (to parents) [possible: x sim ignores this tradition, from not having parents]
    "Give Flowers" (to parents)
    "Thankful Spirit" (to parents)
    "Cleaning" (children and teens only)

etc.

I also think it'd be fun for, like, "Air Grievances" traditions and stuff. How fun would it be to have a holiday that's just about being rude to your elders or coworkers or kids? It'd be funny, at least. But as it is, it's about everyone being mean to everyone (and I do realize it's a reference), so you can't direct it as you'd like.

And like if you make an in-game Halloween, you could make a "Mischief Spirit" tradition, but say that it only applies to teenagers (because that's who's pulling pranks on Halloween).

Having all traditions be blanket (except when the game makes a pre-determined exception) really limits them. A lot of holidays are about honoring specific relationships or specific dynamics. Like if I wanted to recreate the Japanese idea of Valentine's Day and White Day in the game right now (girls give boys presents/chocolate on Valentine's, boys reciprocate a month later on White Day), I couldn't. But that's a fun holiday!
    Sometimes I stream.

And I know people have said "fix Off-The-Grid" before, but seriously.

Not just the items making more sense, or being more re-usable (you can't... wash? things?), or having a filter for which items are or aren't Off-The-Grid in BB.

But also, basic gameplay should be possible. You can't age up a sim happily without a birthday cake, you can't make a cake off the grid.

Easy answer: a cake you can make off the grid.
    Better but more complex answer: birthdays being reworked - with more ways to celebrate (not all cultures have cake, after all), more ways to opt to age up, more interactions (Romance: birthday spanking, Friend/Family: "Wish Happy Birthday", without needing an event - just it being the right day on the calendar, etc).

Hell, even just the simple addition of being able to add "birthday candles" to other kinds of food than cake would be nice. Blow out your stack of pancakes or grilled cheese pile! Happy Birthday!
    Sometimes I stream.

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I also believe we should be able to change traits every time we go from one stage to another, without cheats. And I would like sims to have a couple more traits that we can pick if we want.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I am hoping the glitches in the science career are fixed. Breakthroughs don't record correctly in the notebook. Plants in the lab don't progress. Grass can't be transformed.

This is still my favorite career, but these glitches spoil the fun a bit.

I also really want the dining out bugs fixed!

I downloaded the base game when it was free, and I find it discouraging that two of the first packs I bought are so buggy.
  • MaWhilMaWhil Posts: 29 Member
    I would like to see babies more like they were in sims 3, not confined to a bassinet. I would love to see an open world concept (not sure if this would be possible but it would be awesome). I wish the story progression was more like the sims 3 (sims will get married, have families, etc, by themselves). In the sims 4, this does not happen unless you have the mc command center mod installed.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    It's a small addition but I'd like to get an update where sims automatically know their relatives & I want the invite household over option back.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

edited August 2019
    aprilrose wrote: »
    It's a small addition but I'd like to get an update where sims automatically know their relatives & I want the invite household over option back.

YES! Right now I'm using a mod for more club members and manually going around inviting all extended relatives to the club when they become children, but

1) this is tedious, and
    2) I need to use a mod for it, and
    3) because it's mods and me doing it, mistakes and bugs happen sometimes, so it doesn't always work.

Some awareness beyond "grandparent / parent / aunt,uncle / sibling / first cousin" would be appreciated.
    Sometimes I stream.

• GitanaNevinGitanaNevin Posts: 2 New Member
    If they could bring in that all the households could carry on with their lives without having to play with them. Like make friends, get married , have children, level up in their skills and get promoted in their jobs. Also when children move out to get notifications like if they got married or had a baby and got promoted in their job. I think it would make sims more enjoyable to play and make it come to life. Imagine all the new generations of sims to come . It would be a lot more interesting I think!
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    @TheSillyArchitect
    - Cars
    - More Jobs.
    -Free the babies.
    -More Jobs.
    -More Jobs.

Please. More careers. Please. Pretty please? Like traditional ones. I don't wanna be a celebrity or style influencer or social media star or fashion photographer. I want to be a lawyer, firefighter, builder of some sort or a handyman or a carpenter, teacher, etc. Like normal people jobs. Please.

origin ID: adduapina