Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Painting style in Genius even without trait

jonny522jonny522 Posts: 179 Member
Hello

The issue I have is that my sim is a master painter, but for some reason when she makes still life paintings she makes them in a "genius" trait style. The oddest part about this is the fact that genius is not a trait of my sim, the traits are Great Kisser, Absent Minded, Good Sense of Humour, Loves Outdoors, and Photographer's eye. The one thing is that I really don't like the genius style of painting unless I specifically set it, I'd rather she just paint it the normal way.(She's also an honour student but the moodllet wasn't there).

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2019
    @jonny522 If your sim is not genius but is Artistic that is the issue.I personally avoid any of the traits that affect pictures and Artistic too when only wanting regular pictures.

Artistic trait sims will still paint stylized paintings even without the insane or genius trait.And can do it earlier too than the sims with the trait.

Did you somehow not notice Artistic?? IDK

Also some moodlets can affect a painting without the traits,like losing a friend etc Sims 3 painting skill is very complex
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • jonny522jonny522 Posts: 179 Member
    @jonny522 If your sim is not genius but is Artistic that is the issue.I personally avoid any of the traits that affect pictures and Artistic too when only wanting regular pictures.

Artistic trait sims will still paint stylized paintings even without the insane or genius trait.And can do it earlier too than the sims with the trait.

Did you somehow not notice Artistic?? IDK

Also some moodlets can affect a painting without the traits,like losing a friend etc Sims 3 painting skill is very complex

I planned on her being artistic but she isn't yet. Maybe Photographers eye counts??? It may also be related to the moodlet for food or honour student. I'll get rid of the food moodlet and see how it goes. Thanks
  • WainwrongWainwrong Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2019
    It is propably the honor student moodlet that makes her feel like she has the genius trait
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Wow I never realized so much went into the painting skill. That's really interesting.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I haven't been doing the painting skill lately... maybe I will now
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com