Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your sims exercise?

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Many times a week. My sims are FIT
    Mostly, but if I want some specific sims to stay unfit I dont exercise when playing them.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • DijaliciousDijalicious Posts: 23 Member
    When their clothes start getting tight
    I only remember to make them exercise when I see them gaining weight. I always have an in home gym but don't use it regularly. Right now I have a pretty chubby toddler that I think I'm over feeding lol
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I send my sims on jogs. It's really easy, doesn't take too long, and... Sims walk slow. It annoys me. Get their fitness up a little and they can "Jog Here." I make my sims exercise so they can jog across the house instead of meander.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • DijaliciousDijalicious Posts: 23 Member
    My sims only jog if they're taking their dog out for a walk lol
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes, but mostly because it's fun
    Some I keep really fit, because that's what that Sim would do.

Some I forget to have exercise regularly, until they start to get a bit thick.

Mostly, though, I am doing fitness type stuff for fun, especially swimming or yoga. It's kind of a mix, but "Gym Rat" is a trait that is cheap to buy, and most of my Sims end up with it. After that, exercise is more attractive.
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    My sims do it almost daily, but rarely in the gym. I prefer yoga and swimming.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    If I don't get mine an exercise bike or similar and make them use them they tend to do press-ups without warning! It must be my choice of traits!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I have them exercise to make them fit and muscular. Once they reach that state, they don't exercise anymore. They seem to remain this way so there's no need and exercising too much once they reach this state will have them looking super swole like The Incredible Hulk or something lol and no one wants that.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Depends on a sim completely (all of the options).
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    edited July 2019
    Only by accident or if it's a job requirement

I don't stop them if they do it autonomously but my sims rarely gain weight as they only eat garden salad or fruit salad.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    It depends on the sim. Some exercise daily and others less than once a week.
    Proud black simmer πŸ–€
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Depends on the Sim. I have a household of four: one exercises as part of military career, one does it to keep herself super skinny, one does it to keep fit. The fourth person does not exercise at all. But they might do yoga at some point, depending on her storyline.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My sims mostly do yoga and jogging
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Honestly, my sims only exercise when they want to. I have some sims that work out on their own and other sims that don't. I never make them.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    idk I haven't really entered fat sim scenario yet
    mostly its just dude sims exercising though
    because sims get kind of unrealistically buff from just doing some light boxing
    and I don't fancy the look on my female sims so much
    (body building just aint their thing they all nerds)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    They go jogging whenever they start getting fat.
  • AnisaerahAnisaerah Posts: 26 Member
    Usually, yes. I like the long lived reward trait for the athletic aspiration, so I often have my sims complete that before they age to elder.

I also like to keep them exercising regularly because I like them to eat things other than salad once in a while.
  • coodaidsimscoodaidsims Posts: 9 New Member
    I only make them exercise so I can watch them. But sometimes I aim for my sims to gain weight so I can start them exercising.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I keep forgetting to exercise, I'm to busy doing outher stuff, painting and writing to make exrta money and working for a regular paycheck...gardening
    lol
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    All my sims work out most days of the week in a variety of different ways - sometimes just with the tv work out or go to the gym or wellness gym even . I keep fit sim - not overly muscular though. My Sims meditate a bit after dinner as well be fore bed for a few minutes on most work days too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I think there are still some activities we need in the game. Trampoline, rope skipping, surfing, even gymnastics. I'm glad they brought back sparring with Strangerville, although I wish it wasn't exclusively tied to the military career. Can't even do it if you're ex-military.
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Whaaa? There's exercise in this game?
    My poor sim doesn’t have time to exercise. lol oops! I try to send her once in a blue to jog but then a baby starts to cry or another needs a bath. This 100 baby challenge has my poor sim completely spent.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    It depends on their traits, but most of the time I only have them exercise if they start gaining weight. One of the sims I'm playing right now is active and in the athletic career so he exercises a lot but most of my other sims don't as often as he does.
  • GeomangoGeomango Posts: 9 New Member
    My sim nearly never exercises
    Only if I need to or want to fulfill skill and then done.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited August 2019
    Do your sims jog to slim down? Get centered with yoga? Shoot hoops for fun? Swim, box, climb or spar?

I'd vote but there is no option to exercise when they have "urges". Some sims autonomously do that when they are very flirty, can you blame them for doing some push ups and what not when they are like that with all that pent up adrenaline and hormones? It is either work it off in some manner or shower it off. Good thing you spelled out what you meant by "exercise" first.

Now with that stated, some of my sims are fitness machines, others don't exercise at all but can become active without the trait, more over when you see them running around as an npc in the early morning in their exercise gear as you play from another household. It depends if you have custom traits or BG lazy, that would keep them sedentary.
    Becka28 wrote: Β»
    When my sims have earnt enough they usually have workout equipment in their homes so they can fit it around their skill and family life activities a little easier than going to they gym. But working out has fun animations (I love jogging especially). It is also a nice way to interact with other sims. My sims often join Powerhouse as much for the fun aspect as the fitness aspect of the club. It is the easiest way to get a sims fun up and do something useful eg. jog on treadmill while watching TV. I really wish there were more "fun" sports and fitness activities for sims eg. frisbee or kicking a ball around together.

Tennis court; Basketball court or half court; Athletics; Football and Soccer; Volley ball and so on. A proper sports pack would be nice for your sims, so they can take part with others and enjoy the physical activity as a group, i mean as it is? it is so impersonal and i dislike the treadmill run animation where the treadmill starts adjusting height from the front and the sim falls down. when your sims do enjoy a chat, they spend more time chatting than focusing on working out, so things could take two or three times longer than it should.