Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-A-World. Would you pay for it?

2...Next

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    downloadable for free in both sims 2 and sims 3, so no. something that was included for free in other games shouldn't have a price tag in 4.

Lol no. TS2 has "create a world" within the game itself, at least templates that you can edit and stuff. It came with the BG.
    Anyways.

I wouldn't pay for it. Not only because it's been 5 years since the BG released, and I see no point in buying it right now, I also think it should have been a BG feature to begin with.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    If it's anything like the program they gave us in Sims3, I'm afraid it was way over my head. I much preferred the neighborhood templates that came with Sims2!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    If it's anything like the program they gave us in Sims3, I'm afraid it was way over my head. I much preferred the neighborhood templates that came with Sims2!

I used those a LOT. If we had templates, like Sims 2, with the ability to place lots wherever we wanted like 3, it would be perfect for me.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member

I suspect that any CAW we might get will be like the Sims2 templates, considering how the Sims4 worlds are constructed. Maybe we might get a variety of neighborhood sections, maps and different backdrops to choose from. Mixing and matching could lead to many different creations and permutations. And of course the ability to place lots on the map would be really nice too.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I used those a LOT. If we had templates, like Sims 2, with the ability to place lots wherever we wanted like 3, it would be perfect for me.

Ha, we posted the same thing at the same time.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2019

I agree as CAW had an steep learning curve but all in all it was free and available and Sims 4 has no such apps and I have no intentions on buying such an feature when it was free and I look at that feature as shady if it becomes an in game purchase.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    No, only because I never had the skills or patience it takes to create a good world.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Skyoasis22Skyoasis22 Posts: 44 Member
    tbh if I had no other option I will pay for it. I don't want to be the richest man in the graveyard
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I downloaded Create-A-World for Sims 3, but never ended up using it, so I think that's what would happen with Sims 4. I definitely wouldn't buy it. I can't afford to buy anything that I might not use.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    Nope mostly because I don't think I'd use it that much, and it was free before, right? So, why buy something that has been previously free? Specially if I'm not gonna use it that much.
    gGelhII.png
  • PrinceSarahPrinceSarah Posts: 18 Member
    Absolutely not. If they start charging us for what is basically a modding tool where does it end?
  • ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    I would absolutely pay for it. Based on what I’ve heard from gurus, Sims 4 was not designed for this feature. Thus adding it would be labor intensive and change the game a lot.

However, I don’t think they need to add it to every world. Honestly I’d be happy with a separate “build a world” world option - kinda like Newcrest but without the premade buildings already there. I’d even be okay with it being small, like the world from Get Famous or vampires. I think it could have “lots”, but all the lots are touching so you could edit the whole world with objects.

I’d also like to have limited functionality on other worlds, just to remove or maybe add objects. But this feature should be free if they’d do that.
    I’d love to delete that annoying bathroom in Windenburg on the lighthouse lot. It ruins every build there.
    I know there’s a mod where you can add objects, but I don’t know if any mod that lets you delete them.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    I voted yes but really it would depend on how easy it was to use and what was included in it. Just the ability to plop down lots - even though that's my most wanted feature of it, that alone or as the "main" feature, no. Something like Sims 3 CAW but more user friendly yes depending on the price.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • bethanyandpewdiebethanyandpewdie Posts: 5 New Member
    In my opinion, it should've been something that was incorporated into the game so personally I wouldn't pay for that feature, but I see why others would. I have a lot of games due to the excessive amount of community lots I put down and the households that I make. I can't even buy all of the expansions anyway, so it's just not something on my list.