Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bad to Good Legacy Challenge

latenellatenel Posts: 41 Member
My 14-year-old daughter and I came up with this challenge after not finding one that we 100% clicked with. She loves color-based legacies, and I like challenges like Rags to Riches, so we came up with the Bad to Good Legacy Challenge. Play tested through gen 9, and I just started gen 10.

I have all packs and this challenge uses Bowling, Get to Work, Get Famous, City Living, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Seasons, and Pets. I could be missing some, so let me know if I have not listed one used in the challenge.

I don’t enjoy scoring in challenges, so I have no scoring system. If you want to score your challenge, you may incorporate one if you wish.

Rules –

Each generation is considered complete when you max the career, complete the aspiration, max the additional required skill/skills, and finish all of the other generation requirements. Only then you can move out the heir and begin their generation. Once the heir is moved out, remove the previous generation from your played households list. Heirs may also have required childhood aspirations to compete, traits to gain, and jobs to have. Make sure you are tracking these as well.

Start with a male Young Adult sim from CAS. No specific occult sims are called for in the challenge, but if you want to use them that’s up to you.

Heirs can be any gender or occult unless the generation (1 and 5) specifically calls for a gender.

Your sim's partner/spouse can be anybody - a random sim, a premade sim, a sim you create, or a sim you download. Unless specified either way in a generation, you can marry your partner or not. Unless required by a generation, the partner/spouse can have any career.

Only generations 1, 5, and 10 require natural born children, generation 2 requires adoption, and generation 3 requires adopt as care dependent. All other generations can have heirs how ever you like. (My gen 7 ended up being the much younger half-sister of gen 6. Due to MCCC his mom had another child right before she aged up to elder and when the mom passed gen 6 took her in.)

As long as a generation does not require a specific number of children you may have however many you wish.

Pets are required for generations 4, 5 and 9. All other generations may have them if you wish.

Lifespan can be normal or long.

You can change aspirations at any time, as long as the generation specific one gets finished before you move on to the next generation.

Your sim can live in whichever world you want, other than generations 4, 5, and 8. You can move whenever and as many times as you like as long as you can afford it.

Unless stated for a generation, opt sims out of the spotlight.

Any reward traits you can earn/purchase are fine and encouraged.

Your lot can have any traits you wish, and you may change them at any time unless they are required by the generation.

Clubs are fine for skill building but not for earning money. You can use club points for whatever perks you want.

Cheats –

You can reset a stuck sim or sims.

No money cheats other than to set your funds to a generation specific amount. To do so use control+shift+c, then type money amount (example - money 5000), then hit the enter key to set it.

cas.fulleditmode and bb.moveobjects can be used at any time, freerealestate on can be used in specified generations.

Custom content for appearances is fine.

I fully recommend MC Command Center to keep your town growing. I also used the autopay bills and the turn the monster under the bed off commands within it.

You will need a way to cheat a pregnancy for one of the generations.

As is standard – you should not use other cheats/mods that give you an unfair advantage at this challenge over other players.

General Tips –

I highly encourage you to give all toddlers the independent trait. They can potty train themselves from the get-go.

Clubs are your friend! You can build skills very easily and the “networked club” perk really helps in careers/getting promoted. You can also pass the club from generation to generation thus keeping all the perks and points earned. To do this ensure that the next generation heir is in the club, then have the current generation club leader remove all club members except for the heir. As the heir is the only one left in the club, they automatically become the club leader. You’ll need to add at least one more member to the club for it to function.

Pay attention to which skills your next heir will need for their generation and start building them early. For example, generation 4 needs charisma for their path, so start working on it while they are a teen.

The responsibility trait is great. It helps sims move up in their career quickly, as they always “work hard” and they get promoted faster. This is also the easiest trait that I have found to max. Just have the kids do their homework and extra credit homework each day and go to school on time.
Post edited by latenel on

Comments

• latenellatenel Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2019
    Generation One – Black

You were always the “bad boy”, when it was time to leave home you chose to start fresh with nothing but your wits, swagger, and attitude. You love having someone at your beck and call, but only on your terms. Bars are great places to meet potential flings, so you like to hang out at the one at the local bowling alley. You never want to be tied down by anyone, so a wife and kids isn’t for you.

Traits – Kleptomaniac, Hates Children, Noncommittal
    Aspiration – Chief of Mischief
    Career – None
    Skill to max - Bowling

Generation Rules -

Move your sim into any empty lot and reduce money to zero.

Own a retail store that only sells good that you have stolen.

Have at least two lifelong enemies.

Never celebrate holidays.

Have a long-term partner, cheat with at least two other sims, never move in with partner/fling.

Have only one child (with long-term partner) and interact with the child as little as you can.

Build the mother of your child a two-story house worth at least 80,000 simoleons on your home lot before your child ages to teen.

(Hints - Buy your retail lot as soon as possible. Once purchased, clear everything but the mailbox off of your home lot and then live on the retail lot. To make your home lot bills zero, give it the Off the Grid lot trait. Every few days go back through the museums and replace things that you have stolen. If not, you'll run out of things to swipe.)

Generation Two – Gray

Your father was never around, and your mother resented you for it. Your mother marries a new love when you become a teen and she becomes pregnant right away. Your mother kicks you out of the house as a teen with nothing, as she says you will be a bad influence on the new baby because of your father. The only thing your father gives you when you are kicked out is 2,000 simoleons, and the phone number of one of his “associates”. You never date as you see what relationships have done to your family, but you long to be a good parent. You prefer to spend your time reading and by the water instead of with others. You struggle to get by your whole life, but you are determined to do it on your own.

Traits – Gloomy, Unflirty, Bookworm
    Aspiration – Public Enemy
    Career – Criminal/Boss Branch
    Skill to max – Fishing
    Traits – Insensitive, Argumentative, Responsible
    Lot Trait - Peace and Quiet

Generation Rules -

Move your sim into any empty lot worth 2,000 simoleons or less. Then reduce your household funds to what would be left if you started with only 2,000 simoleons. For example if you buy a 1,500 simoleon lot, reduce your funds to 500 simoleons.

Finish high school with an A.

Celebrate every holiday.

Never flirt, date, kiss, or woohoo.

Adopt a child aged sim.

Never have more than 2,000 simoleons in your household funds after weekly bills are paid. (Buy new furniture and upgrade your house to get funds down if needed.)

Generation Three – Purple

Your parent tried their best and living with them was much nicer than being in the orphanage, but the constant struggle for money always worried you. You are determined to prove that you aren’t the “poor orphan kid” anymore. To prove that, your house will always be clean and filled with new stuff, and you’ll use your family “connections” to your advantage. You always wanted what you didn’t have so you find a great partner, the fact that they are married with a child doesn’t stop you from getting what you want. Can move out as a teen if generation two finishes before they age up to young adult.

Traits – Materialistic, Self-Assured, Neat
    Aspiration – Social Butterfly, Fabulously Wealthy
    Career – Secret Agent/Villain Branch
    Skill to max – Handiness
    Traits – Responsible

Generation Rules -

Move your sim into any empty lot worth 2,000 simoleons or less, and then reduce money to zero.

Finish high school with an A if moved out as a teen.

Romance a married sim with a child. Get them to divorce spouse and then move them and child into your household. Leave all of your new partners household funds with the ex-spouse for alimony.

Have spouse join and max Culinary/Chef Branch career.

Buy at least one new household object a week.

Complete Mansion Baron Milestone II - The Great Landscaper.

(Hint – Get the woodworking schematic from the large wooden camping mascot sculpture located in Granite Falls and a yard sale table.)
    edited July 2019
    Generation Four – Blue

Your parents split when you were little, and you always felt slightly out of place in your new home. You are determined to have the “perfect family”, so you move to the big city of San Myshuno with a dream and a scheme. You have a nice place paid for by your stepparent, as they got you accustomed to the finer things in life. Your motto is “work hard, play hard”.

Traits – Hot Headed, Snob, Outgoing
    Aspiration – Social Butterfly, City Native
    Career – Politician/Politician Branch
    Skill to max – Video Game
    Traits – Responsible
    Lot Trait – Convivial

Generation Rules -

Move your sim into any apartment under 50,000 simoleons using freerealestate on.

Marry your high school sweetheart.

Have at least one male child, one female child, and one dog.

Have a maid.

Have an affair with the maid and never get caught.

Learn all of the City Living recipes.

Generation Five – Red (Female)

Everyone says your childhood was perfect, but you always felt that there was something off. You decide to move to the countryside in Brindleton Bay and live your perfect life. You want a couple of dogs, a couple of kids, and no real commitments. You work at a bar, so you are able to meet plenty of people to “befriend”.

Traits – Dog Lover, Romantic, Vegetarian
    Aspiration – Social Butterfly, Serial Romantic
    Career – Mixologist
    Skills to max – Guitar, Dog Training
    Traits – Responsible
    Lot Trait - Romantic Aura

Generation Rules -

Move your sim into any home that your parents can afford to buy for you using freerealestate on. Parents must be left with at least 30,000 simoleons.

Have at least two dogs.

Have two children, children must have different fathers and both fathers must be married.

Have a nanny.

Get a romance status with Grim.

Woohoo with Father Winter.

Generation Six – Green

Your mom was always “visiting friends” and you were left with the nanny and your awful sibling. When your mom was home, she was always playing music and drinking, so you long for peace and quiet. You also long for a true partner to raise your children with.

Traits – Loves Outdoors, Jealous, Dance Machine
    Aspiration – Rambunctious Scamp, Collector
    Career – Teen Manual Laborer, Adult Gardening/Floral Designer Branch
    Skill to max – Photography
    Traits – Responsible, Empathy
    Lot Trait - Great Soil

Generation Rules -

Move your sim into any home that your parent can afford to buy for you using freerealestate on. Parent must be left with at least 30,000 simoleons.

Be enemy with sibling.

On first night out as a Young Adult find the “one” (Partner must be age appropriate.)

Marry within one week of meeting.

Have greenhouse and grow at least 8 different types of flowers.

Go camping in Granite Falls at least once per season with whole family.
    edited July 2019
    Generation Seven – Orange

You grew up on a quiet flower farm but long for the spotlight. You had a great relationship with your parents, but they did tend to baby you. The highlights of your childhood were the regular camping trips the family took, and the new clothes you would get on the first day of school.

Traits – Goofball, Childish, Clumsy
    Aspiration – Artistic Prodigy, World Famous Celebrity
    Career – Style Influencer/Stylist Branch
    Skills to max – Herbalism, Media Production
    Traits – Responsible, Manners

Generation Rules -

Move your sim into any home that your parents can afford to buy for you using freerealestate on. Parents must be left with at least 30,000 simoleons.

Don’t start dating until you age up to Adult.

Grow all herbalism plants.

Max the Media Production and Branding Fame Perk Tree. Start at Corporate Partnership and go up to Lifestyle Brand.

Accept and complete every Corporate Partnership offer you receive.

Have a minimum of 20,000 followers.

Have a gold fan meet and greet event.

(Hint – get a drone as a child and start streaming everything you do. Have family start gathering plants in Granite Falls while on vacation. Put all in heir's inventory before they move out.)

Generation Eight – Yellow

Your parents were older when they had you, and you could do no wrong in their eyes. You grew up in the spotlight and are determined to be famous in your own way. And what good is fame if you can’t show it off?

Traits – Ambitious, Outgoing, Self-Absorbed
    Aspiration – Social Butterfly, Master Actor/Actress
    Career – Actor
    Skills to max – Singing, Dancing
    Traits – Responsible, Manners
    Lot Trait - Celebrity Home

Generation Rules -

Move your sim into any home that your parents can afford to buy for you in the Mirage Park area of Del Sol Valley using freerealestate on. Parents must be left with at least 30,000 simoleons.

Be in Drama Club as a child/teen.

Marry a higher-level celebrity.

Have a maid, gardener, butler, and nanny. Hire a caterer at least once a week.

Get a house in The Pinnacles.

Have the Paparazzi Darling quirk.

(Hints – get a drone as a child and start streaming everything you do. Go to every awards ceremony, even if you don’t get the “nominated” message. If you receive an award before you are at that aspiration level, feel free to cheat it as complete when it does come up.)
    edited July 2019
    Generation Nine – Pink

You grew up in a loving but busy household. You want a quieter life for your family and are determined to create a peaceful life filled with your furry friends. Your parents craved fame and a bit of it rubbed off. You want to make beautiful music, but on your own terms.

Traits – Music Lover, Cat Lover, Loner
    Aspiration – Artistic Prodigy, Soul Mate
    Career – Entertainer/Musician Branch
    Skills to max – Media Production, Wellness
    Traits – Responsible, Manners, Empathy
    Lot Trait - Private Dwelling

Generation Rules -

Be in Drama Club as a child/teen.

Marry childhood best friend.

Only have one child.

Have five cats.

Never get above two-star fame, never use fame perks.

Never hire staff.

Generation Ten – White

You grew up in a peaceful and loving home, but it was a bit lonely as no one ever came to visit. Your true desire is to find love and laughter in a busy and full home. But are you actually prepared to have your wish come true?

Traits – Cheerful, Good, Family Oriented.
    Aspiration – Rambunctious Scamp, Artistic Prodigy, Big Happy Family, Super Parent, Successful Lineage
    Career – Stay at home parent
    Skills to max – Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Baking, Parenting, Fitness
    Traits – Responsible, Manners, Empathy, Conflict Resolution, Emotional Control
    Lot Trait - Homey

Generation Rules -

Have spouse join/max Astronaut/Space Ranger career.

Have triplets. (You’ll need to cheat this to guarantee it. I use MC Command Center for this.)

Max all Toddler Skills.

Have each child complete their childhood aspiration. (You can choose it for them.)

Have all children in/complete scouts.

Have all children A students as child and teen.

Have all children age up with Responsible, Manners, Empathy, Conflict Resolution, and Emotional Control traits.

Try not to cry.
    edited July 2019
    My Legacy Family -
    Gen 1 - Adrien
    Gen 2 - Dove
    Gen 3 - Violet
    Gen 4 - Veronica
    Gen 5 - Scarlett
    Gen 6 - Oliver
    Gen 7 - Saffron
    Gen 8 - Daffodil
    Gen 9 - Coral
    Gen 10 - Bianca

8dOqtqJ.jpg
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Interesting combination of themes and goals. I rarely get to generation 4 or maybe 5 but may incorporate some of your goals into my own gameplay.
    Thank you and your daughter for sharing.
    :smiley:
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I love it! I'm going to start it tonight!
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
    Interesting combination of themes and goals. I rarely get to generation 4 or maybe 5 but may incorporate some of your goals into my own gameplay.
    Thank you and your daughter for sharing.
    :smiley:

@EuphorialQueen, same. I don't think I've ever gotten to gen 4 in another legacy. I like this since you are constantly moving and having to earn simoleons. Each gen feels like a new challenge to me.
    @Amandèle Awesome! Let me know what you think. :D
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    sounds a lot of fun - like a lot of challenges it will force me out of my comfort zone to explore game aspects I avoid (and then find out that I shouldn't have because they can be the most interesting play of all).
    @Becka28 That is very true. I saw a lilsimsie Let's Play of Rags to Riches with the retail store and klepto trait. I'd never used that trait or the retail stores, and it was very fun.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    latenel wrote: »
    Generation One – Black

You were always the “bad boy”, when it was time to leave home you chose to start fresh with nothing but your wits, swagger, and attitude. You love having someone at your beck and call, but only on your terms. Bars are great places to meet potential flings, so you like to hang out at the one at the local bowling alley. You never want to be tied down by anyone, so a wife and kids isn’t for you.

Traits – Kleptomaniac, Hates Children, Noncommittal
    Aspiration – Chief of Mischief
    Career – None
    Skill to max - Bowling

Generation Rules -

Move your sim into any empty lot and reduce money to zero.

Own a retail store that only sells good that you have stolen.

Have at least two lifelong enemies.

Never celebrate holidays.

Have a long-term partner, cheat with at least two other sims, never move in with partner/fling.

Have only one child (with long-term partner) and interact with the child as little as you can.

Build the mother of your child
    a two-story house worth at least 80,000 simoleons on your home lot before your child ages to teen.

The bits in bold are confusing me. How would a house I build on my home lot be for the mother of my child, if she doesn't live with us (and never can) and her and the child live elsewhere?
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Since I'm not sure how the challenge was meant to handle my concerns above, I went ahead and tweaked the generation 1 goals and rules. Dad got all three of his women pregnant. They all did end up having girls and we held a poll and determined the "heir".

The heir and her mother moved into the house that my founder built (worth over 100,000) and while the heir was a toddler, Dad and Mom lived "together" (while he was still seeing the other two mothers and about 4 other females, too. He likes to get around).

As a child, Dad moved asked Mom to just be friends, and he moved to his studio apartment above his retail store and he went back to romancing his women.

Waiting on the heir to age to teen so she can move out, though I will be switching back to her and Mom and having Mom find a new love and get married (that way it'll play in with Generation 2's story).
  • Sallinger79Sallinger79 Posts: 27 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    Since I'm not sure how the challenge was meant to handle my concerns above, I went ahead and tweaked the generation 1 goals and rules. Dad got all three of his women pregnant. They all did end up having girls and we held a poll and determined the "heir".

The heir and her mother moved into the house that my founder built (worth over 100,000) and while the heir was a toddler, Dad and Mom lived "together" (while he was still seeing the other two mothers and about 4 other females, too. He likes to get around).

As a child, Dad moved asked Mom to just be friends, and he moved to his studio apartment above his retail store and he went back to romancing his women.

I came up with a different solution to this problem, since I also couldn't figure out how to deal with the conflict. Figure I'll post it here in case anyone else is struggling with it.

I had the dad date around for a little bit, while he ran the shop and burglarized local houses and art galleries/museums. When he'd made enough money, I built the required 2-storey house and then chose one of his flings as the future mother and had them try for baby.

Once it was obvious that the mom was pregnant, I had the dad ask her to be his girlfriend, but they never got engaged or married, When the baby was born, I merged the households so mom and baby could live in the house, but I mostly played the dad at the shop (to keep the families separated) through the heir's baby and toddler years. The dad has several affairs with other Sims during this time.

Once the heir became a child, I started playing her household pretty much full-time by sending the dad to the shop and then switching control back to her or her mom. But dad kept coming home every half-day or so, and I got tired of interrupting what my heir was doing to send him to the shop again, so I ended up sending him on vacation in Granite Falls until the day of the heir's birthday.

Dad, mom, and mom's live-in boyfriend were all guests at the heir's birthday party. As soon as she aged up, mom got down on her knees and proposed to the boyfriend. Dad got furious with her and immediately broke up with her. (I sent him back on another 1-day vacation to get him out of the house.) Mom and boyfriend eloped, and immediately tried for baby. When mom started showing the next day, she kicked the gen 2 heir out of the house and I switched to playing only her.

(After a couple of days, MCCC made the dad marry one of his alien former-flings and I moved them into an empty house together. They currently have a green-skinned child together, so I guess I'm SOL for my realistic gameplay with this challenge!)