Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fun little concept of Sims 5 CAS by BlueSssatan

Thought I'd share it, as I enjoyed the pouty faces :D

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL4-sOEPTE0[/video]

Comments

• TheLastStarTheLastStar Posts: 164 Member
    This is cool, but I feel like it's a bit too stylized for my liking. Still an amazing effort though, wish I could animate!
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    just looks like a redo of the sims 4 cas. the animation is cool but its not really an imagining of what sims 5 ui would be like
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It looks ugly.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Cute idea! But I hope that if and when we get TS5 they focus more on gameplay than CAS. I think they've got CAS down and need to work on other aspects of the game.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2019
    Cute idea! But I hope that if and when we get TS5 they focus more on gameplay than CAS. I think they've got CAS down and need to work on other aspects of the game.

I agree. CAS in Sims 4 is just fine imo. Maybe they can tweak/add a few things here and there, but the manipulation system is fine the way it is imo. I'd rather have them making realistic life stages this time. (that means Teens look like Teens, Elders really do look like elders etc.)

And a decent trait system where traits really do impact your gameplay and define your Sims'' personality. In Sims 4 they feel so lifeless and all the same.

If they are going to use motion capture for Sims 5, they can put a lot more time in making clothes for different life stages/heights imo instead of copy paste across the board.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    The UI looks just like TS4's so no... it's not a TS5 CAS concept. It's a TS4 CAS concept.

The animations of the sim are interesting....the sim itself doesn't look like a sim though....maybe it's the weird cartoonish, low detail artstyle.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I agree. CAS in Sims 4 is just fine imo. Maybe they can tweak/add a few things here and there, but the manipulation system is fine the way it is imo. I'd rather have them making realistic life stages this time. (that means Teens look like Teens, Elders really do look like elders etc.)

And a decent trait system where traits really do impact your gameplay and define your Sims'' personality. In Sims 4 they feel so lifeless and all the same.

If they are going to use motion capture for Sims 5, they can put a lot more time in making clothes for different life stages/heights imo instead of copy paste across the board.

Honestly they need to reinvent the personality game system as a whole. I want something new. We've seen traits twice. I'd like to move on from that and move on from moodlets as well.

CAS in TS5 needs to have layered clothing, period. Jackets, under shirts and over shirts for tops and leggings and jeans for bottoms. They also need to give us the color wheel back. That is a given, I don't want to be 5 years into a game asking for an all black swatch for a particular door or window, it's 2019. I don't need a full Cast, just changing the hue colors of the individual parts of an item is fine.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Honestly they need to reinvent the personality game system as a whole. I want something new. We've seen traits twice. I'd like to move on from that and move on from moodlets as well.

CAS in TS5 needs to have layered clothing, period. Jackets, under shirts and over shirts for tops and leggings and jeans for bottoms. They also need to give us the color wheel back. That is a given, I don't want to be 5 years into a game asking for an all black swatch for a particular door or window, it's 2019. I don't need a full Cast, just changing the hue colors of the individual parts of an item is fine.

Oh I would be down for that too. As long as we can really make Sims with different personalities/Sims behaving/reacting differently etc. I am all down for that too.

It still feels so bad coming from the Sims 3, where traits actually contributed to gameplay/sim behaviour to go to a game where the traits are almost pure fluff and don't do anything significant.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    The animation is great, but the art style is terrible. I would stick with Sims 4 if we got that.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    It looks like something from some cheap doll dressup mobile game to me.I'm hoping the art style will be 100 times better than in the video.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Honestly I don't like it.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Agreed about basically all of this. I could maybe live without a full color wheel if we had a full series of patterns, swatches, and textures that could be applied to different parts of the mesh in a recreation of that Sims 3 style (so, basically a compromise between the color wheel and swatch system), but at the very least we need more than we've got.

The body/face manipulation is great, and I'd be cool to see them basically copy their own work there. But in a new game we could use some improvements like
    • body hair
    • nail colors
    • a complete rethinking of how hair works. I can go into this more if people want. It might be overly ambitious, but I actually don't think it is if done right and done smartly. I think we should get to "design" the hair and styles the way we "design" the sim - from the ground up, and micro-manipulated if wanted
    • layered clothes - ability to select and change layers
    • (also choose HOW clothes layer - like whether or not to tuck in a shirt or tuck pants into boots)
    • re-assesment of skintones and hair colors and eye colors - more options, more subtle choices, etc. Overtones, undertones for skin. Highlights lowlights and midtones for hair. Outer and inner iris colors (and non-matching eyes). And if we aren't getting a skintone or hair/eye color wheel, at least getting an incredibly large palette of swatches. What we have in Sims 4 is honestly not enough.

The animation was neat. I didn't mind the style. It was basically just Sims 4, but it was a cool project for the person who did it nonetheless.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • the1akbthe1akb Posts: 56 Member
    From the direction they took with 4, it is reasonably fair to assume that they're going to stick with a cartoon(y) look and steer away from the realism. I've accepted this and whilst I don't like it personally, it won't be a game breaker for me. What bothers me most is the lack of colour/swatch options and the hair. When I first started playing The Sims 4 I thought the new hair was kind of cool and stylised, now however, after dabbling with alpha, I can't help but see it as "clay". It's awful. Better hair with physics is a must for me, along with a wider range of animations/interactions. The idea from above about layered clothing would also be a very welcome addition.

For most though, I think we sadly have to dial down our expectations. The devs are very keen to keep the game accessible to as many people as possible, so that means ensuring that whatever they do, will run on out-dated PC's and be fully playable on consoles. So for many of us, we'll never get the features we want. That's why modders are such a necessity.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    LOL Loved the faces she made. Then I realized it was a little like me playing with the mirror when I'm getting ready for bed … :open_mouth: thanks for sharing. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/