Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 545 Member
    JUST learned this today: Did you know you can buy wind turbines and for each one you place your energy bills will be lowered by 0.04% ? You may place up to five and they are under the misc. decor category.

Did you know if your house is extra dirty two maids will show up to clean? Not sure if it has anything to do with the size of the house but this has happened in my game a few times now.

48286711986_8b1f0a5e4b_z.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2019
    sassygray5 wrote: »
    Did you know you can buy wind turbines and for each one you place your energy bills will be lowered by 0.04% ? You may place up to five and they are under the misc. decor category.

Sims do not pay energy bills in TS3, at least not as far as I know. I'm all for ecology and lowering our carbon footprint, but that doesn't sound like much of a savings incentive. If the twice weekly bills that arrive in the mailbox each come to §1,000 (which is pretty high for an average dwelling), then 0.04% of the entire thing, not even trying to work out which part might represent energy, would be a savings of §.40 per turbine. That's forty Simoleon Cents, so if they are cumulative five of them would add up to §2.

I think the item description might be one of those joke ones, if this is where the info is coming from. Or maybe my math is off or I am just missing something? ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 545 Member
    edited July 2019
    @igazor I placed it and I got a notification pop up that said you could place 5 and would save 0.04% on energy bills for each one. I assumed “energy bills” meant the general bills households pay since it’s not broken out. But yeah 0.04 isn’t that great :D Just thought it was cool.

I found this thread https://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/683012/solar-panels-and-wind-turbines

And this article https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Toyota_promotion

Looks like it’s some kind of old store content though mine had no icon indicating such in buy mode.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @sassygray5 Yeah I have the Toyotas in my game and all my sims that I give them to save on their bills for having a fuel efficient hybrid Toyota. :grin: I'm glad I took advantage of that promotion back in the day. :star:

I didn't know about the wind turbines though, that's cool! (Even if the savings su'ck! :lol: )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    There are also solar panels that can be near the house, which will also lower your sims' bills. They can be upgraded by handy sims, which will lower the bills even more. There is also solar roofing, which I think came with Lunar Lakes. I don't know if it's supposed to lower the bills.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Today I learned that woohoo with a plumbot can lead to pregnancy!! I suspect the baby will be a clone of the mother, though.

Well, apparently not. I finally got to play this family again, and the male plumbot and female sim had a male child! Interesting.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    "Inappropriate" sims will pee in the pool if their bladder is full! :smiley:
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    "Inappropriate" sims will pee in the pool if their bladder is full! :smiley:

And the shower, too.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    That flowers don't actually want to spawn - or that the spawners don't actually want to be spawners? IDK, but they're angry! :joy:6jlDc9k.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I didn't know you could click on the parking lot space and buy a car....like seriously,I just accidentally clicked and it said "buy vehicle" is this mod related or game related :O because I never knew this.
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    is this mod related or game related :O because I never knew this.

It was certainly in one of the expansions and I think it might have been in the Generations one, but I'm not sure about that.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    is this mod related or game related :O because I never knew this.

It was certainly in one of the expansions and I think it might have been in the Generations one, but I'm not sure about that.

Wow.I can't believe I never noticed that.But its certainly handy!
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Just found out that you can breed fish in some of the bigger fish tanks. Have played this game pretty consistently since launch and had no idea you could do this.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I found out if make a painting like a hairdresser and Architectural Design Profession place it one those tablets it is part of the design I found it very interesting didn't know could do that.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
    Just found out that you can breed fish in some of the bigger fish tanks. Have played this game pretty consistently since launch and had no idea you could do this.
    If you catch two of the larger fish breeding at just the right time, you might be able to see the generation of little woohooing hearts between them. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2019
    Once again I did a discovery! I had one sim naked using the jacuzzi and somebody took her clothes (they were on the floor because of laundry) and now if she wants to get back her clothes she needs to take a shower or use a dresser. :joy:
    Lu4ERme.gif
    igazor wrote: »
    If you catch two of the larger fish breeding at just the right time, you might be able to see the generation of little woohooing hearts between them. :)

^OMGosh is that for REAL @igazor ? :joy:

Cause I know how your wit is... :p;)
    emorrill wrote: »

^OMGosh is that for REAL @igazor ? :joy:

Cause I know how your wit is... :p;)
    Yes, others have managed to capture this in screen shots and even on videos but the hearts fade pretty quickly and I've never moved fast enough to catch them myself.

What never seems to work out quite right is if I have my lonely larger fish breeds post personal ads or go out into the world looking for dates. Even the smarter ones just don't seem to have the attention span to seek out and maintain long lasting, stable relationships. (okay, this part of course I am just making up) ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor Cool! :smiley:

What never seems to work out quite right is if I have my lonely larger fish breeds post personal ads or go out into the world looking for dates. Even the smarter ones just don't seem to have the attention span to seek out and maintain long lasting, stable relationships. (okay, this part of course I am just making up) ;)

^
    a358faffd9f2258a5faa44b1a63eb55d.gif
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    So today I learned (while setting up my Romani show floor that despite being called "show floor for benches" you cannot, in fact, use benches in them :neutral:
  • damselstonedamselstone Posts: 21 Member
    I never realised until very recently that some sims have a hilarious post-woohoo strut, instead of walking normally. Don't know how this one slipped by unnoticed for so long but it really made me laugh!
    edited July 2019
    I never realised until very recently that some sims have a hilarious post-woohoo strut, instead of walking normally. Don't know how this one slipped by unnoticed for so long but it really made me laugh!
    That's called the Stride of Pride. It happens when a sim woohoos off of their own home lot. It's funny and a trade-off, they get a powerful positive moodlet to enjoy while strutting around, but while doing so it takes them longer to get anywhere.

What's really funny is when two sims woohoo together both off their home lots and do the Stride in perfect synchronized unison as they walk away from the location. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Oh and I didn't know we can woohoo in ''high'' dressers.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    So today I learned (while setting up my Romani show floor that despite being called "show floor for benches" you cannot, in fact, use benches in them :neutral:

Isn't that the one for the big show venues? If so, the benches come with it, but only show up in live mode.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top