Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are mermaid scale color genetic?

I haven't played with mermaids a lot, but want to do more of that in the future. I was wondering however how merm genetics work in game. Like for example if I have pink mermaid tail and blue tail, will the colors pass down onto the children? Or will it be like a random roll or something and it's somehow yellow?

Comments

• Options
    WainwrongWainwrong Posts: 89 Member
    Guess it’s like wings, hair, and eyes, with a few premade mutation colors.

I used to see some sims get blue scale but couldn’t know if they’re 🧜‍♀️ mermaids or just wearing the scale socks.
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    It's been awhile since I had merbabies in my game, and I didn't have very many... but in my experience, tail scale colors were not genetic. IIRC, I got the orange preset for male children and the pink one for females.
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I don´t think so? I actually had only 1 mermaid baby (because mermaids needs annoyed me so much). Her parents got turned by mermaidic kelp, her dad´s tail was turquoise, her mum´s purple, but little Ariel got pink scales. She inherited her mother´s hair colour, though.

Screenshot-x2869.jpg
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

The triplets in my game had the generic color scales when they aged to toddler, nothing came from Mom who is the mermaid. Fixed that issue and made the scales the kids favorite color with a bit of orange from their Mom.

48275579077_338e0efaaa_b.jpgScreenshot-64 by sanann1989, on Flickr
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    I also just got orange scales, but dad's were mint. I think orange is one of EA presets?
  • Options
    WainwrongWainwrong Posts: 89 Member
    Guess so. Usually I get random blue scales on townies but never get to realize if they’re mermaids or just wearing the leggings.