March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Studio creativity is...

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,142 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi,

What do you think about The Sims Studio creativity ?

The Sims Studio creativity is... 133 votes

high (outstanding)
5%
danacnbrettBloosmoofriendlysimmersAjaGioKalaniCoolSindocatEA_Spectre 7 votes
medium (satisfying but could be improved)
27%
Akl500PLeGardePourpreSara1010PlisamwittPlayerSinger2010GoldenBuffydragonfreakMiaSkywalkerashcrash19HestiataydevBabykittyjadeannaliese39Winifred_WillowrjssimEvaliynEnkiSchmidtLiELFMMXmika 36 votes
low (disappointing)
58%
auroraael14CK213Stdlr9nickibitswardGoldmoldaraprilroseJessa_DakkaroveronEvil_OneAlrynnbabajayneWillowG145Morten8035CynnaXBanana00CreamXdrake_mccartyCinebarKaeChan2089JoAnne65Sk8rblaze 78 votes
I don't know
9%
SimburianAnmirlaBagoas77BrittanyChick22RedShoe7pinneduphairEvie0602PreCiiousizecsonnerdfashionSimmyFroggyGguy 12 votes

Comments

• DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    low (disappointing)
    Questionable my first thought when finishing said sentence. I wish I could be payed a dollar whether I respond "Why choose that?!" when they make a trade off feature/component of a game/expansion/stuff pack.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,142 Member
    edited July 2019
    It's nice to see our favorite themes be back in a new way but I miss when we've also got new concepts.

As if The Sims 4 got nothing new to add to the franchise.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I don't know
    I still think that their creativity is limited by the budget given to them, strict deadline and sims4's engine capability.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited July 2019
    low (disappointing)
    What creativity?

Most of all we've got is the occasional joke item (Talking toilets, seriously?!?) and packs which are feature stripped versions of previous Sims game EPs.
    raw
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,142 Member
    edited July 2019
    @izecson wrote: »
    I still think that their creativity is limited by the budget given to them, strict deadline and sims4's engine capability.

The Firemonkeys is a little more creative even if The Sims FreePlay gets a limited budget and engine.

Get ideas is not a matter of money, time or resources. The Sims 4 gets more of each than the previous games.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    low (disappointing)
    Ok, when it comes to the producers, it's not that bad. Plus, we are the ones who ask for the same themes from past iterations over and over. They are good themes though, and they pretty much go over the most key aspects of life itself. Vacations, working/opening a business, nightlife, apartment living, pets, seasons, hobbies etc. But I think there could be new things tackled by the developers, regarding these themes, even if they are the same. But they don't do that with TS4 usually. Plus....the BG should include some of these by now...like weather or active careers.

As for the art team, CAS and Build Buy.....it's kind of bad. Like I don't want to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on anyone, but unlike TS4, The Sims Freeplay always gets the nicest designs for clothes, hair and objects. Comparing the two, it's clear the art team for Freeplay is superb whereas TS4 one...not so much. Freeplay is also very aware of current fashions and furnishings and it has a more grounded/realistic approach that I like. While TS4 on the other hand tends to be more childish and loud with the huge thick objects and crazy color schemes for furniture and clothing....

DySr6DYV4AAts5C.jpg:large

mceclip0.png

61900735_2277209178981036_8144372279531274240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQnN1agcycgtLQ0v88QYnQBta0ifnSsRzpNJ5rpsP9VyG5OxRJyQiBVnt2_7VxgxWACoKZqTMmu6k6br2-miJHV3&_nc_ht=scontent.fopo1-1.fna&oh=0293497174b4d1426d35d3d548d08242&oe=5DAF560D

Look how nice their objects are. They look like they were made by an actual designer. Even the floorings and the ceiling wood is amazing. And look how the boutique's check out counter thingy, has a credit card machine, that's so realistic though! And in TS4 we have the tablet check outs that almost no one even uses irl..... I can't even imagine how annoying it would be when the employer to just goes up to you with a tablet asking for your payment credentials irl lol

The world design team for TS4 though does an amazing job, especially as of late. Windenburg, Sulani, Forgotten Hollow even, they all look amazing.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    low (disappointing)
    I think they either are limited by budget or really just don't seem to care anymore.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    low (disappointing)
    I have a feeling they don't know anymore why exactly many people love playing Sims. Hand them the right tools to create their own worlds and stories. They are handing tools and they are quite nice tools too, but they seem to be more practical than creative.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    high (outstanding)
    I am happy with the new things in this Sims, there are things I miss but there is so much to find and do with each new release :) I guess I just like playing the game for what it has and love getting new stuff.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,902 Member
    I don't know
    They need someone inspiring at the top and more stringent checks for faults. The staff are some of the best in their fields but a bit stuck for originality. They can do anything if they have the right tools.

Maybe get some those game-changers to come for a week of 7 hour days (with pay) to find bugs and Nick and co. sort them out before they unleash packs on the general public? That would make game-changers worth it for me.
    They are on NDA's aren't they?
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    low (disappointing)
    It's pretty dull. Like 95% of the content is just based on single young adult actives like partying, hanging out with friends, and social media nonsense.

Agreed!
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    There is always room for improvement.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    high (outstanding)
    i would say its great and find the graphics top notch
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,857 Member
    edited July 2019
    Idk I do think they got enough creativity to come up with something great but
    I just feel they are playing bit too safe with ts4 with all that ''lets be morally correct''

+they really need to go WILD at the interactions and relationships from now on

We are still missing my 3 favorite packs from all sims games in terms of pack themes
    which would be romance, magic and hobbies

so I haven't lost hope just yet (can't judge what is not out)

but RoM better be lit and the other 2 packs should arrive in some form at least
    to keep me happy with this game

we will talk again though if RoM ends up dull because then I will get rather angry
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,710 Member
    edited July 2019
    low (disappointing)
    They seem way to limited by budget or game engine restrictions. Show, don't tell Maxis. Enough with the rabbit holes. I want to experience the things you limit to just notes in the upper right corner.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I don't know
    I don't think I can judge by the content we actually are getting. Sure, there are packs that are repeated themes from previous games, but there are also people asking specifically for stuff from those previous games, so that doesn't tell me anything about the creativity. Stangerville was an attempt to do something different and (while the good/bad of it is relative) it certainly was that.

For all we know, there could be ideas that are super creative but they never see the light of day for a ton of reasons. Budget, audience demand, game restrictions... too many factors that muddle what gets done.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2019
    low (disappointing)
    I had to give them "low" as I feel they really did not give it thier all and the program has too much controversy surrounding Sims 4 existence. It features for me are less than spectacular for me. The packs are gimped as not to take performance to the next level.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2019
    low (disappointing)
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Ok, when it comes to the producers, it's not that bad. Plus, we are the ones who ask for the same themes from past iterations over and over. They are good themes though, and they pretty much go over the most key aspects of life itself. Vacations, working/opening a business, nightlife, apartment living, pets, seasons, hobbies etc. But I think there could be new things tackled by the developers, regarding these themes, even if they are the same. But they don't do that with TS4 usually. Plus....the BG should include some of these by now...like weather or active careers.

As for the art team, CAS and Build Buy.....it's kind of bad. Like I don't want to plum on anyone, but unlike TS4, The Sims Freeplay always gets the nicest designs for clothes, hair and objects. Comparing the two, it's clear the art team for Freeplay is superb whereas TS4 one...not so much. Freeplay is also very aware of current fashions and furnishings and it has a more grounded/realistic approach that I like. While TS4 on the other hand tends to be more childish and loud with the huge thick objects and crazy color schemes for furniture and clothing....

*img snipped*

*img snipped*

*img snipped*

Look how nice their objects are. They look like they were made by an actual designer. Even the floorings and the ceiling wood is amazing. And look how the boutique's check out counter thingy, has a credit card machine, that's so realistic though! And in TS4 we have the tablet check outs that almost no one even uses irl..... I can't even imagine how annoying it would be when the employer to just goes up to you with a tablet asking for your payment credentials irl lol

The world design team for TS4 though does an amazing job, especially as of late. Windenburg, Sulani, Forgotten Hollow even, they all look amazing.

Ugh, I miss having high quality meshes/textures a lot. Even with this art style, meshes with more polys can 100% work (as could snow depth :expressionless: ) The big-blockyness is something I hope disappears with TS5.

But anyway, high quality textures/meshes increase the feeling of progression with our Sims. I think in TS4's case, it's the fact they chose such a big, blocky art-style with some objects and their own decisions to make everything modern, modern, modern that takes that progression feeling away.

Here is a couch that is one of the cheapest you can get for your Sims in TS4. A couch that looks modern and one that you'd put in your own home should not be this cheap, if we are talking about playing The Sims as a game and progressing from nothing to spoils/riches. There really is nothing that looks cheapy/dingy, as there should be.

Psnetgu.png

And then here is The Sims 2, which has a lot of cheaper couches that actually look cheap, too. Here are just 4.

wFkFv1F.jpg

Going from poor to rich in The Sims is a huge part of the game. The developers really need to emphasize that in live mode, and flesh out that journey. They were on the right track with City Living's pipe leakages, rat infestations, etc. and then they just gave up there. :neutral:
    Post edited by Sk8rblaze on
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    low (disappointing)
    THE SIMS STUDIO CREATIVITY IS...

In the talking toilet.

With the design of the 'multitasking system' (which we've had before but is apparently new) the 'emotions' (which are supposed to be new, but we've also seen them before and far better), 'the traits' (same again) and the lack of any actual simulation... Is there anything the Sims 4 does that wasn't done before?

TS1 was the basegame, so the whole thing hadn't been done before (unless you count Little Computer People).

TS2 fleshed out the concepts of TS1 and brought us genetics, memory (which had an actual impact on a Sims personality), visible personality traits and emotions (shy sims behaved very differently to outgoing sims for example), physical fitness, teens, multitasking (yes your sims could actually do multiple things at once), detailed character creation, family trees with meaningful family interactions as well as aging and the passage of time.

TS3 (though I must confess I was never terribly fond of it) bought the open world, the ability for Sims fitness to have more actual impact, CASt (and being able to recolour everything), it also bought traits (which actually had a meaning and an effect on a Sims overall behaviour, though it cost a lot in terms of personality from TS2).

TS4 brings... What exactly?
    raw
  • DijaliciousDijalicious Posts: 23 Member
    I'm a little dissappointed really because there is so much that they could have done with The Sims 4. It seems to have regressed. I remember when TS3 game out everyone was excited about the open world concept. That was major because it meant no more long loading screens and a lot more free flowing gameplay and here comes TS4 right back to square one with the closed world!!! I really wish they could somehow go back to the seamless gameplay of TS3 (but with shorter startup and save times)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    low (disappointing)
    I'm a little dissappointed really because there is so much that they could have done with The Sims 4. It seems to have regressed. I remember when TS3 game out everyone was excited about the open world concept. That was major because it meant no more long loading screens and a lot more free flowing gameplay and here comes TS4 right back to square one with the closed world!!! I really wish they could somehow go back to the seamless gameplay of TS3 (but with shorter startup and save times)
    The thing is, time has passed and computers have improved. I don’t know when you last played Sims 3, but loading and saving times decreased with each new computer I bought. Loading the entire game is 4 minutes for me now (from starting the game to my save opened). And remember an open world means hardly any loading screens once you have started playing (except when you (time)travel).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    low (disappointing)
    This game plays like it was made by someone who thinks that all you have to do is put some text on a screen and that's gameplay. Tie it to a few animations and a shallow RNG notifications system to make it look good, and nobody will know the difference. Except that there is a difference, there's practically no actual gameplay. The mindset seems too entrenched, and unable to go beyond the boundaries of what they already have done.
  • Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    edited July 2019
    low (disappointing)
    The main part of this game, the sims are just terrible, awful, empty, soulless "shiny" objects. We are five years into this shambles of a game and yet still Sims 2 (a 15 year old game) has better sims... How anyone can possibly sit here and defend EA and any of their subsidiaries, knowing this is laughable.

"Distinct personalities", "unique personalities", "big personalities" was used everywhere in their marketing prior to the games release. So I ask this, where are these distinct personalities? Where are these "smarter sims"? The answer is simple, nowhere because they don't exist. They implemented a trait system with as much depth as a kiddie pool and tried to pass it off as something they were fully aware it was never going to be.

They went on and on and on about the emotions systems and how deep it was and how emotions really stuck with your sims. But low and behold a grieving sim will be right as rain when they see their decorated home for the 100th time. Does this seem creative?... or does it seem like yet another oversight (because there are just so many).

My point here is if the main feature of the game is as bland and boring as eating paper for dinner, I can't expect much from the rest of the game.

Creativity is something personal to each of us and what the developers are doing and have done has been mostly bad, not all but most. This is just my opinion on their creativity. I am sure they are creative people. It's just for me it really does not translate to this game. I have many examples but that will be for another post.

Post edited by Remy_Geneva on