Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the revramped the whole reason Sims 4 has not make it to the Nintendo Switch?

JaySnowyJaySnowy Posts: 102 Member
edited July 2019 in Off Topic Chat
Today I found out that the Sims team wanna revramp the game...Which seems awesome by the way. But I was starting to think...
That this could be a reason why Sims 4 not on switch. Do u think once the revramp is done that they may consider
to bring the game on switch?
Post edited by JaySnowy on

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    I thought the revamp is the rebranding which is just the design?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • JaySnowyJaySnowy Posts: 102 Member
    @DeKay well I think this still may cause the delay. It seems like new look too..
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Nintendo Switch's hardware can't handle the game reportedly.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    edited July 2019
    From what I heard the Guru said that it would be quite difficult to put The Sims 4 on Nintendo Switch

I think the teams are also working hard on making sure PS4 and Xbox One can catch up fully to the PC version (have updates and releases at the same time!)
    @PrincessAmy idc if we’re behind I just want the game. They can give us one pack a year all I care.. Just want the game. & One guru said it “maybe”rough not even sure.. I know the switch can handle it.. If a cheap PC with lower graphics & power can handle sims 4 why can’t a switch with higher graphics & power can’t?
    @JaySnowy
    A PC with lower graphics and power can run it but it will run on lower settings. If they will make the game run on lower settings than Ultra it won't look very nice, and many consumers won't want it, they will just prefer to buy a PC or PS4 version or not buy one at all! On top of this The Sims 4 on PS4 is currently very badly optimised and lags every few moments, the PS4 is way more powerful than the switch. The amount of bugs, lags etc.. that transferring such a huge game as The Sims 4 to the switch will bring will be a lot of work for the team and the team is focusing on PS4, Xbox and PC currently as it is already a lot to manage for the developers.
    @PrincessAmy First off I said the switch is has more graphics than low end PC's so it won't make the graphics low. I don't try to compare Switch & PS4 their different systems that can handle games differently city skylines is one of the examples to works well on switch?. Ark ran pretty ok even though ithe garbage.
    (PC players worried all the attention will be gone when Xbox & ps4 came out they still focus everything on u.)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I don't know about Nintendo Switch, but it could be because of the Legacy Edition that they have mentioned.
    JaySnowy wrote: »
    @PrincessAmy First off I said the switch is has more graphics than low end PC's so it won't make the graphics low. I don't try to compare Switch & PS4 their different systems that can handle games differently city skylines is one of the examples to works well on switch?. Ark ran pretty ok even though ithe garbage.
    (PC players worried all the attention will be gone when Xbox & ps4 came out they still focus everything on u.)

Hello!

The PS4 is way more powerful than the Switch, so the Switch probably would be unable to run the game on ultra graphics. All consoles use RAM, Graphics Cards and CPU to run games, all of them run games the same way just some consoles are more powerful. My concern has also been that adding the Switch to the development team would add a lot more stress to the Gurus while they are trying to create more packs.

I hope you will get the Switch version of the game and I wish you the best of luck!