Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Run TS2 UC because I don't have DirectX 9.0c-SOLVED

2...Next

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    No luck. Did everything posted and still no luck. I guess the UC just hates this laptop. I have uninstalled it from my laptop but kept it on Origin.

Sorry wish I could of been more help. I don't understand why it wouldn't at least start.

I had an issue where if I ran the graphics rule maker, it would throw DirectX9 issues on my Windows 7 computer. I'd repair the game and it would be just fine. I was fine on that computer without needing to use it (I was trying for the shadow fix, which was the only thing I had a problem with on that computer). I just manually fixed it on my new computer without running the graphics rule maker on my new computer.

@EricasFreePlay If you do decide to try again, try just doing the steps that Jules mentioned and not running the graphics rule maker at all.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    I had an issue where if I ran the graphics rule maker, it would throw DirectX9 issues on my Windows 7 computer. I'd repair the game and it would be just fine. I was fine on that computer without needing to use it (I was trying for the shadow fix, which was the only thing I had a problem with on that computer). I just manually fixed it on my new computer without running the graphics rule maker on my new computer.

@EricasFreePlay If you do decide to try again, try just doing the steps that Jules mentioned and not running the graphics rule maker at all.
    I may just wait until I upgrade again in a few years and then print a sheet with specs of all the games that I play and make sure my next laptop can run all of them.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

I may just wait until I upgrade again in a few years and then print a sheet with specs of all the games that I play and make sure my next laptop can run all of them.

Sims 2 will likely always need the graphics rules altered due to the new technology. And possible other hoops as technology continues to improve. On one desktop I had to install the early Sims 2 patches in Safe Mode because for whatever reason some software combination I had made installing in normal mode impossible. But on another computer, I had no issues with patching. And the OS was the same.

It's the one downside of wanting to play old games and new games at the same time. While the specs far exceed what the game requires for the old games, the old games weren't coded to recognize the hardware or the OS. Different games respond to that differently. Some don't run at all. Others require hoops to jumped through. Others assume minimum requirements.
  • TrycTryc Posts: 123 Member
    Have you tried running the game in windowed mode? I had the same issue with Direct X9, but still wanted to play until I could find a better solution.
    Tryc wrote: »
    Have you tried running the game in windowed mode? I had the same issue with Direct X9, but still wanted to play until I could find a better solution.

That would be a solution, IF the game would load.
    edited September 2018
    Finally found a fix. Found this post and in Part Four it talks about running the game in Full Screen Mode. My game works now. http://simscommunity.info/social/threads/sims-2-ultimate-collection-resolution-graphics-fix.4081/

Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    So glad you got it worked out! It must have been very frustrating for you. Glad this is solved! Enjoy your games!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • leefishleefish Posts: 15 Member
    What odd that you cannot link www.🐸🐸🐸🐸/mybb/index.php
    leefish wrote: »
    What odd that you cannot link www.plum/mybb/index.php

Your name is censored. I had no idea it's a bad phrase or something. I'm very sheltered. Maybe they could fix the censor for your name.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Your name is censored. I had no idea it's a bad phrase or something. I'm very sheltered. Maybe they could fix the censor for your name.

No it used to go through just fine. They censored it when we started linking the instructions for removing Securom. :D Why? I don't know.
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

No it used to go through just fine. They censored it when we started linking the instructions for removing Securom. :D Why? I don't know.

Wow, well, since they removed Securom in Origin maybe they can fix it back to allow people to use leefish instructions because we are always going to need those instructions to see the newer video cards. I wonder if any of the moderators would fix the link if they understood why it's needed.
  • leefishleefish Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2019
    > @Cinebar said:
    > JULES1111 wrote: »
    >
    > Cinebar wrote: »
    >
    > leefish wrote: »
    >
    > What odd that you cannot link www.🐸🐸🐸🐸/mybb/index.php
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Your name is censored. I had no idea it's a bad phrase or something. I'm very sheltered. Maybe they could fix the censor for your name.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No it used to go through just fine. They censored it when we started linking the instructions for removing Securom. :D Why? I don't know.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wow, well, since they removed Securom in Origin maybe they can fix it back to allow people to use leefish instructions because we are always going to need those instructions to see the newer video cards. I wonder if any of the moderators would fix the link if they understood why it's needed.

Wow indeed. We only shared that stuff so that people could use the UC and Windows 10 :(
    Post edited by leefish on
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited October 2018

Wow indeed. We only shared that stuff so that people could use the UC and Windows 10 :(

Yes I know. I thank you for that! You saved a lot of people a huge headache. I imagine getting it un- "plumbed" would be like pulling teeth though. It is a shame, there is a lot of great info on your site, downloads too! :D
  • GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    Finally found a fix. Found this post and in Part Four it talks about running the game in Full Screen Mode. My game works now. http://simscommunity.info/social/threads/sims-2-ultimate-collection-resolution-graphics-fix.4081/

Hey, I am having the same exact issue you did. I managed to make the game run in windowed mode and then changing the resolution to my screen's native resolution. It doesnt completely fill my screen but its playable I guess. The link you sent wont work for me. Was there some kind of way to make the game completely full screen? Do you still remember how it worked? Thanks.
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    I too am having this problem. The link provided to SimsCommunity.com only sends me to a defunct page. I have tried the aforementioned methods, but the problem still persists. Does anyone have a solution?
    Having this issue again. I decided to delete the old save and start again. I hate to bring this back up since this was my original thread. Thanks again.
    edited April 2020
    Having this issue again. I decided to delete the old save and start again. I hate to bring this back up since this was my original thread. Thanks again.

I think SimsViP site has the leefish instructions link so you can recalulate the Graphics Rule Maker to get TS2 to work again.

ETA: I assume when you dumped the save you also dumped the Config file inside it.
    Got it working again without going to that website.