Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• countesskate324countesskate324 Posts: 83 Member
    Hi everyone! I've been simming since my older sister introduced me to the original Sims in 2002. I can seriously remember the awe when I saw the trailer for The Sims 2 when it was first announced. That's when I was really hooked!
    I really loved TS2, and TS3 when it came out, but I didn't immediately grab TS4 when it was released. It wasn't until toddlers were added in a patch that I finally bought and downloaded the game (I am a very family/legacy oriented player).
    I've been touch and go with the game since, playing every day for a few weeks and then leaving it for a few months, and then repeating the cycle. I really love telling stories with my sims, so I've decided to get back into play and start sharing on the forums!

Fun-fact: Even though I love playing legacies, I've never made it past generation six!
    Playing since 2002--The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 4!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hi everyone! I've been simming since my older sister introduced me to the original Sims in 2002. I can seriously remember the awe when I saw the trailer for The Sims 2 when it was first announced. That's when I was really hooked!
    I really loved TS2, and TS3 when it came out, but I didn't immediately grab TS4 when it was released. It wasn't until toddlers were added in a patch that I finally bought and downloaded the game (I am a very family/legacy oriented player).
    I've been touch and go with the game since, playing every day for a few weeks and then leaving it for a few months, and then repeating the cycle. I really love telling stories with my sims, so I've decided to get back into play and start sharing on the forums!

Fun-fact: Even though I love playing legacies, I've never made it past generation six!

Hello @countesskate324 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very special that it was your sister that introduced you to simming <3 It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. Simming is fun! It is nice that you have times that you play the game continually, then have a break for a while then come back to it. Simmimg is great that you can enjoy playing whenever you would like to play and however often :)
    Congratulations on reaching generation six in your legacy! That is great!
    Happy simming! :)
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    @rosemow Happy Simming to you too! I hope your save files are going well!

@countesskate324
    Welcome to the forums!
    I absolutely adored The Sims 2 it is the game I started with. I was able to purchase it in a near electronics store for a cheap price, I was so excited as my mother usually wouldn't agree to get me such things out of nowhere. When I came home the laptop kept giving errors, error after error. Well my mother was never a tech savvy person but she went to have her bath and came back saying she has an idea. I honestly don't know how and what she did considering she was really not tech savvy, sometimes I think it was a Sim spirit inside of her haha from that moment I was really hooked on The Sims 2! So I completely understand how special Sims 2 can be.

I also got the game quite late! I am not sure why, I never got Sims 3 (please don't hate me but I just didn't like it! I think the open world was overhelming and I thought the Sims looked creepy) and then Sims 4 came out and I just didn't really think about it. I am glad you got The Sims 4 now and are enjoying the game! There are threads on the forum in which you can post your stories this one is extremely popular and many of us post our updates here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888255/what-happened-in-your-game-today#latest

People love reading other's stories so don't be worried!
    I have also started a legacy challenge, my first one ever! Are you planning on getting to 10 generations?
  • countesskate324countesskate324 Posts: 83 Member
    @PrincessAmy

omg I have a very similar story when I first got TS3! I remember begging my mom to drive me to Target the day it got released so I could buy it lol. Turns out my computer at the time was just too old and couldn't run it. I was devastated until my mom finally let me use her computer to play lol

I get the creepy thing though...after I played TS4 for a few months I went back to TS3 because I missed the open world. I lasted about a half hour before I just couldn't play anymore. The sims looked pixelated and creepy compared to the sims in TS4. So I get it lol. Even though I've occasionally dipped back into TS2, I just can't go back to TS3 lol
    Playing since 2002--The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 4!
    @countesskate324
    I hope you have a computer now that can run it well!
    Sims 3 was super demanding so I am not surprised haha but it is good your mom let you play it on her computer!

I think Sims 2 looks really cartoony and friendly, so I think that is why it is easier to get into than Sims 3! I actually really also enjoy playing TS1.. It is so fun!
    edited July 2019
    @rosemow
    thank you for your kind suggestion :)
    Post edited by PrincessAmy on
  • the1akbthe1akb Posts: 56 Member
    *Deep breath in, long breath out*

So hi. Giving this introduction thing a go. Hmm, what to say? Well, I've been playing the series since the very first one, loved Making Magic. That expansion turned a fun little simulation game into well... imo that was what caused the game to spawn into a franchise :smiley:

I've played every iteration of The Sims except for the second installment, good old military service was keeping me far too busy for that at the time sadly (got straight into The Sims 3 when I left though). I've seen a lot of footage from it and read so many nostalgic posts from players, that I really feel like I missed out on what was probably the best all-round The Sims game thus far. Those sweet, sweet animations for just about everything, we still don't have some of that now :neutral:

Anyhow, I digress, I've loved The Sims from the start and even though I sometimes get a little bored of actually playing it, causing me to restart over and over, I never get bored of creating. Whether it's lots or virtual people, I'm addicted to the creativity this game offers. Put a whole host of amazingly talented modders on top of what the game itself comes with and BAM, here I am, on the wrong side of forty, spending far too much time in a virtual world, creating silly things that very few outside of this community would understand or relate to. Gotta love The Sims <3
    the1akb wrote: »
    *Deep breath in, long breath out*

So hi. Giving this introduction thing a go. Hmm, what to say? Well, I've been playing the series since the very first one, loved Making Magic. That expansion turned a fun little simulation game into well... imo that was what caused the game to spawn into a franchise :smiley:

I've played every iteration of The Sims except for the second installment, good old military service was keeping me far too busy for that at the time sadly (got straight into The Sims 3 when I left though). I've seen a lot of footage from it and read so many nostalgic posts from players, that I really feel like I missed out on what was probably the best all-round The Sims game thus far. Those sweet, sweet animations for just about everything, we still don't have some of that now :neutral:

Anyhow, I digress, I've loved The Sims from the start and even though I sometimes get a little bored of actually playing it, causing me to restart over and over, I never get bored of creating. Whether it's lots or virtual people, I'm addicted to the creativity this game offers. Put a whole host of amazingly talented modders on top of what the game itself comes with and BAM, here I am, on the wrong side of forty, spending far too much time in a virtual world, creating silly things that very few outside of this community would understand or relate to. Gotta love The Sims <3

Hello @the1akb :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you have been playing since the original Sims 1. There are many simmers that have special memories of fun times spent playing Making Magic and have it as their favourite pack.
    Creating sims and building homes and venues are very enjoyable and fun parts of simming! They are very special ways of expressing our creativity through the game! It is also very lovely seeing the creativity of our fellow simmers!
    You can never spend too much time simming!
  • Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member
    Sul Sul!
    I'm fairly new to The Sims. I have always wanted to play it after seeing my friend play it, however, my parents didn't really understand the point of playing a simulation game where you watch sims do the exact things you do in real life. So when EA had that base game giveaway in May, I immediately installed Origin and downloaded The Sims 4. It's really fun to play God with your sims, and I am still amazed sometimes by the game. Let's not talk about the "Wohoo" option. Why is it called Wohoo anyway?? Since I don't have any packs yet, I am exploring mods and CC, and I never get bored. :D
    giphy.gif
    Simlie20 wrote: »
    Sul Sul!
    I'm fairly new to The Sims. I have always wanted to play it after seeing my friend play it, however, my parents didn't really understand the point of playing a simulation game where you watch sims do the exact things you do in real life. So when EA had that base game giveaway in May, I immediately installed Origin and downloaded The Sims 4. It's really fun to play God with your sims, and I am still amazed sometimes by the game. Let's not talk about the "Wohoo" option. Why is it called Wohoo anyway?? Since I don't have any packs yet, I am exploring mods and CC, and I never get bored. :D

Hello @Simlie20 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to simming and the forums!
    It is great that the free basegame giveaway has led you to playing the game! It is very nice that you are enjoying playing the game and discovering all the great features of playing, creating and building in the game! There is always something new to discover about the game!
    If you need help anytime, Carl's Sims 4 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com
  • simsdesertersimsdeserter Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello there

I played sim city back in the day as a kid and slowly moved around to Theme Park and the others. Was obsessed. Now I am all grown up and have recent (in the last couple of months) found myself playing again. Still have not settled on a type of game play etc. Just trying out some of the extensions and packs. Look forward to meeting you all :)
    Hello there

I played sim city back in the day as a kid and slowly moved around to Theme Park and the others. Was obsessed. Now I am all grown up and have recent (in the last couple of months) found myself playing again. Still have not settled on a type of game play etc. Just trying out some of the extensions and packs. Look forward to meeting you all :)

Hello @simsdeserter :) It s nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you enjoyed playing SimCity as a child, then played Theme Park and then the Sims versions,
    It is great that after a break, you are now back simming again and enjoying trying out the different features and packs. There are a number of ways to play the game and they are all very enjoyable and fun ways to play!
    Happy Simming! :)
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    Hello I'm Rylie. My parents don't approve of my boyfriend whos been like arguing with me for 5 years now. So once I meet him irl we will run away together cuz' his parents are nicer than mine. I also want tattoos and I want to get married in a barn without my family.

• MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    > @MaxieMix said:
    > Hello I'm Rylie. My parents don't approve of my boyfriend whos been like arguing with me for 5 years now. So once I meet him irl we will run away together cuz' his parents are nicer than mine. I also want tattoos and I want to get married in a barn without my family.
    >

Oh and my parents like to leash me whenever they get the chance I also love my dog and I live in Cali

MaxieMix wrote: »
    Hello I'm Rylie. My parents don't approve of my boyfriend whos been like arguing with me for 5 years now. So once I meet him irl we will run away together cuz' his parents are nicer than mine. I also want tattoos and I want to get married in a barn without my family.
    MaxieMix wrote: »
    > @MaxieMix said:
    > Hello I'm Rylie. My parents don't approve of my boyfriend whos been like arguing with me for 5 years now. So once I meet him irl we will run away together cuz' his parents are nicer than mine. I also want tattoos and I want to get married in a barn without my family.
    >

Oh and my parents like to leash me whenever they get the chance I also love my dog and I live in Cali

Hello
    Your parents care about you and your health. They may be concerned that you and your boyfriend have been arguing for 5 years, which would be quite upsetting for you. If you haven’t met him in real life, they may be concerned that you don’t know what he is like in real life. It may help to talk over with them how they feel about your relationship and the concerns that they have.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks I removed some posts here that were getting a bit off topic. Let's try and stick to the topic at hand please :smile:
  • ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    Hello simmers! I'm new here but I've been a Sims fan for some time. I used to play The Sims 2 a lot back when it was new, but then I kind of lost interest with Sims 3. I've been playing again ever since the start of the year.

I think Sims 4 is definitely my favorite game in the series, although it certainly has its flaws, but I'm optimistic the game will only get even better with time.
    ElDimentio wrote: »
    Hello simmers! I'm new here but I've been a Sims fan for some time. I used to play The Sims 2 a lot back when it was new, but then I kind of lost interest with Sims 3. I've been playing again ever since the start of the year.

I think Sims 4 is definitely my favorite game in the series, although it certainly has its flaws, but I'm optimistic the game will only get even better with time.

Hello @ElDimentio :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming for quite a while and first started simming by enjoying playing Sims 2. It is great that after a break you are now back simming again this year and are playing Sims 4. Simming is fun!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads and posting on the threads about what is happening in your game.
  • ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > ElDimentio wrote: »
    >
    > Hello simmers! I'm new here but I've been a Sims fan for some time. I used to play The Sims 2 a lot back when it was new, but then I kind of lost interest with Sims 3. I've been playing again ever since the start of the year.
    >
    > I think Sims 4 is definitely my favorite game in the series, although it certainly has its flaws, but I'm optimistic the game will only get even better with time.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ElDimentio :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have been simming for quite a while and first started simming by enjoying playing Sims 2. It is great that after a break you are now back simming again this year and are playing Sims 4. Simming is fun!
    > I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads and posting on the threads about what is happening in your game.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thanks for the welcome! There's definitely some interesting stuff that happens in my games lol I am also hoping to get new gameplay ideas from other people here. I haven't been active on a forum in ages; to be honest, I kinda missed forum communities. There doesn't seem to be that many nowadays.
    ElDimentio wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > ElDimentio wrote: »
    >
    > Hello simmers! I'm new here but I've been a Sims fan for some time. I used to play The Sims 2 a lot back when it was new, but then I kind of lost interest with Sims 3. I've been playing again ever since the start of the year.
    >
    > I think Sims 4 is definitely my favorite game in the series, although it certainly has its flaws, but I'm optimistic the game will only get even better with time.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ElDimentio :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have been simming for quite a while and first started simming by enjoying playing Sims 2. It is great that after a break you are now back simming again this year and are playing Sims 4. Simming is fun!
    > I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads and posting on the threads about what is happening in your game.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thanks for the welcome! There's definitely some interesting stuff that happens in my games lol I am also hoping to get new gameplay ideas from other people here. I haven't been active on a forum in ages; to be honest, I kinda missed forum communities. There doesn't seem to be that many nowadays.

You’re welcome :) There are many great gameplay ideas that simmers post on the threads, which are enjoyable to try out in our own games!
  • TheLastStarTheLastStar Posts: 164 Member
    Hi everybody!

My name's Amber, I've been a simmer for a very long time (over a decade at this point) starting at the wee age of 11. My favourite thing to do is create sims in CAS, I love excercising my creativity.

I started with the sims 1 and worked my way through the series, with sims 3 being the one I played the least only because at the time I had it had a really crappy laptop which couldn't handle it properly so I gave up trying. I kind of regret that because it seems like the best of of the lost and was the one I experienced the least.

My favvourite so far is the sims 4 though, mostly because of the character design which I adore :)
    Hi everybody!

My name's Amber, I've been a simmer for a very long time (over a decade at this point) starting at the wee age of 11. My favourite thing to do is create sims in CAS, I love excercising my creativity.

I started with the sims 1 and worked my way through the series, with sims 3 being the one I played the least only because at the time I had it had a really plum laptop which couldn't handle it properly so I gave up trying. I kind of regret that because it seems like the best of of the lost and was the one I experienced the least.

My favvourite so far is the sims 4 though, mostly because of the character design which I adore :)

Hello @TheLastStar :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing the original sims 1 when you were a child, as that it has been a part of your life as you were growing up. You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming over the time :)
    Spending time in CAS is very enjoyable! It is great designing sims, and working out outfits for each of the categories.
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Hi everyone,

I'm Wendy. I'm a long time Simmer but new to the forums.

Mainly I like to build houses and rooms. My style is eclectic: some of my designs are very modern, but I've also done a couple of buildings based on ancient Greco-Roman architecture.

I'll be spending most of my time around the build challenge and creative corner section of the forum
    wendyology wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm Wendy. I'm a long time Simmer but new to the forums.

Mainly I like to build houses and rooms. My style is eclectic: some of my designs are very modern, but I've also done a couple of buildings based on ancient Greco-Roman architecture.

I'll be spending most of my time around the build challenge and creative corner section of the forum

Hello @wendyology :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Building homes and venues is a special part of simming! It is an enjoyable way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is great that we can enjoy building a wide variety of styles and themes of builds in our game. It is enjoyable bringing our build ideas into sims gameform !
    Happy simming, building and furnishing! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top