Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worried

kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
Ok so I have the sims 2 ultimate collection and do not want to loose it. But my computer is getting old and windows 7 is not going to be supported after this year. I really need to find a way to keep my all time favorite game and put it on a new windows 10 computer. But since it is not being supported by EA anymore, I am told if I loose this computer I loose my game. Not fair, I bout and paid for it. Make me not want this whole electronic download thing. I have a few dvd's but not all of them as the rest I got downloaded. I think EA should provide a way to save this for any computer or give or even charge small amount for a hard copy.
Does anyone know what I can do not to loose my game? I thought maybe it could just be moved over from my old computer to new, but computer says guy said no. I did one time see a way to play my game without going through Origin by changing some coding or something. But don't know if that would also help me be able to copy my game to another computer? Hoping for good news and thanks for reading.

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Do you have it on Origin? If you do you shouldn't loose it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    No reason to be worried. If you have the UC on Origin you can just download it to the new computer. I have downloaded it on 3 different computers since it's release. It is not a one time only thing, you have it in your account. You can just make copies of any files you want to carry over onto a USB drive, such as neighborhoods, downloads, saved sims (if you used body shop to make sims) or even just copy the entire Sims 2 file in documents if you are unsure. Re download the game, run it without making any changes, let it generate all the files needed. Then just delete what files you copied and replace them with the ones you copied. You will have to redo the graphic rules and video card files for the new pc though.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Windows 10 allows you to have more than one Operating Sistem (OS), I bought windows 10 and installed it without removing my old OS, so I have an up to date Windows and I am still able to play all my old games.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I hope you are all right about Origin because others told me origin would no longer download it if you loose it or move computers. Hope they are way wrong. But Origin keeping it in my account only makes seance and is only fair. Thanks again for your help.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    I was able to download it to at least 2 computers and one laptop... But that was years ago, odds are though if you got the game before Origin said that they would stop supporting it... They have officially stopped supporting it a few months ago

You might be able to get physical copies of of the games online and there is this one website that put a link to a website where you can download the game from them for free (not legal but neither is downloading sims store items on MATY) however I forgot the website name tumblr has a large sims 2 community you can likely find the link to the website there.

Good luck.
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    edited July 2019
    I just had to switch computers also.
    Just reinstall origin and log onto your account. Click on your game library like usual and it will let you redownload. I actually just reinstalled the Sims 2 today. I reinstalled 4 a few day ago. Good luck!!
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Thank you everyone. I did get my new computer and like you said, my game was there and ready for me to download.